Rhea Co. @ Lenior City TSSAA 5A playoffs Rd 1

Rhea Co.

Here we go playoff time! A battle of old Region 4-5A teams. Rhea comes in pick up a nice road win against East Ham to secure 3rd in the region. Lenior City comes in after a drubbing of a weak Karns team. This potentially could go either way. If the Rhea team that showed up for East Ham, I like Rhea’s chances if it was the one that played Tyner I would give it to LC. 

This is one of five games that I can't figure out on this weekends favorites. Heritage beat the tar out of Lenoir City sticks out in my mind. This is harder than trying to pick the winner of The Wampler Sausage Bowl between William Blount and Lenoir City when they played a few years back. No consistency on either team to go off of.

28 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

This is one of five games that I can't figure out on this weekends favorites. Heritage beat the tar out of Lenoir City sticks out in my mind. This is harder than trying to pick the winner of The Wampler Sausage Bowl between William Blount and Lenoir City when they played a few years back. No consistency on either team to go off of.

I think rhea county wins in a close game even though it's away up there Lenoir city

• Like 1

Lenoir City is hard to figure.  When they are locked in and come to play, they are very difficult to deal with offensively, it's not the wing t or any version of it.  It is the single wing, similar ball control approach, but a different animal altogether.  This game could be like12-10 or 9-6.  Something like that.  It will be over in 2hrs. Ha.  Should be a good one. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Does Rhea still run the wing T bc they should know how to stop it if they do.

I think its a bad matchup for LC and could see Rhea stealing this one.

Not really, Rhea's offense still has some elements of the wing T offense, but LC is running the Notre Dame box offense from the 40's.  Single wing.  It's crazy to watch and hard to stop because teams cannot simulate it very well during the week to prepare for it.  

11 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Not really, Rhea's offense still has some elements of the wing T offense, but LC is running the Notre Dame box offense from the 40's.  Single wing.  It's crazy to watch and hard to stop because teams cannot simulate it very well during the week to prepare for it.  

I would call Rhea closer to a flexbone offense but for sure has some wing t concepts. LC is no doubt single wing. This game would be fun to watch.