2A Mr Football semifinalists

sportsnutz

DIVISION I, CLASS 2A

Gray Eubanks, Huntingdon
Cole Gregory, Trousdale County
Isaiah Groves, East Robertson
Darien Meza, Mt. Pleasant
Stone Wallace, Riverside

Of course I love to see a Huntingdon kid in the semifinalist list. I'm not super familiar with anyone else other than the kid from Riverside.

Anyone have stats available for these kids?

42 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

DIVISION I, CLASS 2A

Gray Eubanks, Huntingdon
Cole Gregory, Trousdale County
Isaiah Groves, East Robertson
Darien Meza, Mt. Pleasant
Stone Wallace, Riverside

Of course I love to see a Huntingdon kid in the semifinalist list. I'm not super familiar with anyone else other than the kid from Riverside.

Anyone have stats available for these kids?

Isaiah Groves Stats

165 Carries

2036 yards

12.3 ypc 

19 Rushing Tds

12 Receptions

177 Rec Yards

4 Rec TDs

2216 total Yards and 25 Total TDs.

1 hour ago, wholder said:

Darien Meza Mt Pleasant

10 KO returns 399 yards & 3 TD's

4 punt returns 80 yards and one TD

3 INT, 101 yards, 1 TD

41 receptions for 888 yards and 12 TD

27 rushes 210 yards and 1 TD

85 touches, 1679 yards and 18 TDS

He has scored on 21% of his touches. I was glad he wasn’t involved in the offense more when they played LC.

59 minutes ago, horse said:

Grays a good player but if anyone from Huntingdon should have been nominated it should have been #36 CJ best all around player for Huntingdon. And never comes off the field.  

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but this award typically goes to players with the offensive stats to show for it, which happens to be Gray for this team. 

But I've said for 2 years to anyone who will listen that CJ is the most underrated player on this team. But he's definitely a bigger force on defense than he is on offense. Defensively he leads the team in tackles, with over 100 credited to him this year. And he's around the ball on EVERY play even if he's not necessarily the one who made the tackle. Pelinero may actually be the unspoken MVP of this team. Gonna be the hardest to replace next year, imo.

1 hour ago, horse said:

Grays a good player but if anyone from Huntingdon should have been nominated it should have been #36 CJ best all around player for Huntingdon. And never comes off the field.  

Not knocking Eubanks at all he is a very good player and leader of the offense but yes 36 plays a very active role on the defensive side. Called his name out more than a few times 

1 hour ago, Bigpun54 said:

Stone Wallace 73-116-1332 yards passing (18.24) 17 tds. 

79 rushes for 840 yds (10.6) 13 tds

2172 total yards  30 tds

Just going off the stats, Stone has to be the favorite to win it this year. If not for being injured, I would've thought Des would get a nomination this year. As good as Wallace is, I think its 25 that makes this offense go.

2 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

Not knocking Eubanks at all he is a very good player and leader of the offense but yes 36 plays a very active role on the defensive side. Called his name out more than a few times 

For sure, he's the best player on the defensive side of the ball, imo. You're likely to hear his name called a dozen times per game as evidenced by his 100+ tackles on the year. The kid is ALWAYS around the ball.