Clinton at OR Round 2

CU06

OR will get this one easy. I used to think that OR had an easy path to the semis, but after seeing Walker Valley's regular season and the points they put up on the Price twins, which I know they don't know how to play D, I think that could be a big game for OR. 

EH had no problem driving the ball on OR with mostly running it, they just kept letting OR's WRs get by them with the long bomb. Walker Valley wont be that bad on D.

Clinton will score some points but OR should give them a steady dose of 22 and control the ball. Don't throw it too much. Then they will the game. 

3 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

OR will get this one easy. I used to think that OR had an easy path to the semis, but after seeing Walker Valley's regular season and the points they put up on the Price twins, which I know they don't know how to play D, I think that could be a big game for OR. 

EH had no problem driving the ball on OR with mostly running it, they just kept letting OR's WRs get by them with the long bomb. Walker Valley wont be that bad on D.

Clinton will score some points but OR should give them a steady dose of 22 and control the ball. Don't throw it too much. Then they will the game. 

EH QB is super elusive. As much or even more so than Clinton’s QB. They had some of the best skill players we’ve played all season. Remember they beat WV too. EH ain’t no slouch by any means. It’s hard to believe WV only put up 10 against their defense though.

Edited by SweetScience

11 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

EH QB is super elusive. As much or even more so than Clinton’s QB. They had some of the best skill players we’ve played all season. Remember they beat WV too. EH ain’t no slouch by any means. It’s hard to believe WV only put up 10 against their defense though.

I will admit that they did have some athletes at EH. The end of the year in that region was crazy for sure.

1 hour ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I will admit that they did have some athletes at EH. The end of the year in that region was crazy for sure.

Why do you think we will win easily? Not saying we won’t, but just interested in others’ opinions. Clinton seems to be on a little roll. Granted, besides MC their opposition has been quite soft during that run. And honestly, it seemed like MC fell way down from where they were midway through the season. Clinton does deserve credit though. I don’t want to take anything away from what they’ve accomplished past 3-4 weeks. 

22 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Why do you think we will win easily? Not saying we won’t, but just interested in others’ opinions. Clinton seems to be on a little roll. Granted, besides MC their opposition has been quite soft during that run. And honestly, it seemed like MC fell way down from where they were midway through the season. Clinton does deserve credit though. I don’t want to take anything away from what they’ve accomplished past 3-4 weeks. 

Karns and Heritage are pitiful. McMinn is a quality win.

Clinton will score some points. The only way they make it close is if OR gets cute and tries to throw it more than 13 times. This is another game where riding 22 will play to your favor. Give 3 and 13 some jet sweeps here and there, but ride 22. Not only will he be the best player on the field but he will also help control the game and keep Clinton's QB off the field. OR's QB thinks he can fit the ball in small windows and that has been proven that he cannot. But to his credit he gets play calling to suggest he is better than he really is. 

That is why I think OR will win easily is because the formula for success is easy. 22 doesn't get tackled by the first guy ever. Has great vision and he can cut a hair in three pieces.

Just now, SheriffofRedRock said:

Karns and Heritage are pitiful. McMinn is a quality win.

Clinton will score some points. The only way they make it close is if OR gets cute and tries to throw it more than 13 times. This is another game where riding 22 will play to your favor. Give 3 and 13 some jet sweeps here and there, but ride 22. Not only will he be the best player on the field but he will also help control the game and keep Clinton's QB off the field. OR's QB thinks he can fit the ball in small windows and that has been proven that he cannot. But to his credit he gets play calling to suggest he is better than he really is. 

That is why I think OR will win easily is because the formula for success is easy. 22 doesn't get tackled by the first guy ever. Has great vision and he can cut a hair in three pieces.

I agree pretty much with everything you said, but you also have to take into account that the QB is still only a Sophomore, albeit we are deep enough into the season where he needs to cut out some of those throws he makes and just throw the ball away. Like you said, though, I lay a lot of the blame on the coaches for putting him in those types of positions. Right now his arm strength isn’t up to par to make some of the throws he makes, but that will improve as he gets older and stronger. He’s very good for a Sophomore, I will say. Granted, he has some great weapons available out there, which certainly helps his cause. Also, don’t forget #2. He’s starting to blossom, but as you alluded to, this time of the season it’s good to put the ball in the hands of your seniors, for the most part.

4 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I agree pretty much with everything you said, but you also have to take into account that the QB is still only a Sophomore, albeit we are deep enough into the season where he needs to cut out some of those throws he makes and just throw the ball away. Like you said, though, I lay a lot of the blame on the coaches for putting him in those types of positions. Right now his arm strength isn’t up to par to make some of the throws he makes, but that will improve as he gets older and stronger. He’s very good for a Sophomore, I will say. Granted, he has some great weapons available out there, which certainly helps his cause. Also, don’t forget #2. He’s starting to blossom, but as you alluded to, this time of the season it’s good to put the ball in the hands of your seniors, for the most part.

Offensive coaches always want to show how they "schemed a concept up" and prove themselves. This is the time, like you agreed, to give the ball to your stud RB and let him take over the game.

2 is ok and has a history with the QB. Those two will have the show next year, and thats all there will be skill position wise.

They'll be wishing they still had 22, or used him better, if they fall short. This team is at least semi final caliber if they use 22 like they should

I agree with what many of you are saying about this game. If OR won't get too pass happy and give the ball to 22 a lot, OR wins this game. While the QB has had a good year stat wise, he throws too many interceptions (he's a sophomore). Put the game into the hands of a Dozier, a senior, and the also the best player on the field. Also, take advantage of the edge the OR O-line has over the Clinton d-line. I know some thought Dozier ran it too many times in the first game against Clinton (41) but I hope he runs it 40-50 times this game. If he does, OR wins and that's guaranteed! If he runs it 20 times and OR throws it 30 times, I'm not so sure. I doubt it was coincidence that Gaddis, the man so many of you love to hate, was on the sideline that last Clinton game and Dozier ran it 41 times. I hope Rang will follow suit. I love Rang as our coach but I do hope he feeds Dozier the ball 30-40 times at least. It's one game at a time but I think it will be Clinton, Walker Valley, Powell, and Henry County. I think OR goes all the way but that depends on the coaching staff putting this game into the hands of Dozier and the o-line. 

53 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

I agree with what many of you are saying about this game. If OR won't get too pass happy and give the ball to 22 a lot, OR wins this game. While the QB has had a good year stat wise, he throws too many interceptions (he's a sophomore). Put the game into the hands of a Dozier, a senior, and the also the best player on the field. Also, take advantage of the edge the OR O-line has over the Clinton d-line. I know some thought Dozier ran it too many times in the first game against Clinton (41) but I hope he runs it 40-50 times this game. If he does, OR wins and that's guaranteed! If he runs it 20 times and OR throws it 30 times, I'm not so sure. I doubt it was coincidence that Gaddis, the man so many of you love to hate, was on the sideline that last Clinton game and Dozier ran it 41 times. I hope Rang will follow suit. I love Rang as our coach but I do hope he feeds Dozier the ball 30-40 times at least. It's one game at a time but I think it will be Clinton, Walker Valley, Powell, and Henry County. I think OR goes all the way but that depends on the coaching staff putting this game into the hands of Dozier and the o-line. 

I think West beats Powell. If OR can outscore WV then they will face West in the Semis. That will be the 1st defense OR would potentially face that could "contain" 22 and force the offense to throw. They have never needed to throw so far, they chose to.