Macon at Upperman

19 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I have some very good friends that live in MC and tons of respect for the schools up there and the coaches. Macon had a very good team this year. They will be back. Too much pride and tradition not to. 

You haven’t acted like it recently. You basically said Macon was a crap program and Upperman would steamroll them. You even acknowledge the advantages they have in all sports. In the end Macon actually beat themselves with 2 fumbles. Borders trying to score before half instead of going down cost them. 
You were blaming refs earlier on obvious calls. A suplex is going to be called unnecessary roughness every time and refs almost always give the coach a benefit of a doubt on a timeout vs delay of game. The refs actually did a fantastic job tonight and only missed one call (a face mask on Upperman but that happens) that I saw.

Macon was a top 10 team this year and that’s probably their max potential in 4A Football. Next year they should be as good but not better, and after that who knows? The town has supported very very bad teams in the past and regularly had larger crowds vs much larger schools when they were 2-8 teams playing State Championship contenders. 

Edited by Khall555

2 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

You haven’t acted like it recently. You basically said Macon was a crap program and Upoerman would steamroll them. You even acknowledge the advantages they have in all sports. In the end Macon actually beat themselves with 2 fumbles. Borders trying to score before half instead of going down cost them. 
You were blaming refs earlier on obvious calls. A suplex is going to be called unnecessary roughness every time and refs almost always give the coach a benefit of a doubt on a timeout vs delay of game. The refs actually did a fantastic job tonight and only missed one call (a face mask on Upperman but that happens) that I saw.

Liar I never said one negative thing about Macon County program. Upperman was better that’s all I said and yeah there were a few calls that went against Upperman but they overcame them. The phantom holding call from the back judge 30 yards away on the touchdown run was borderline ridiculous. The refs are part of the game. Upperman was bigger stronger and faster than MC. That won’t be the case the rest of the way. The U will be the underdog going forward. 

4 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Liar I never said one negative thing about Macon County program. Upperman was better that’s all I said and yeah there were a few calls that went against Upperman but they overcame them. The phantom holding call from the back judge 30 yards away on the touchdown run was borderline ridiculous. The refs are part of the game. Upperman was bigger stronger and faster than MC. That won’t be the case the rest of the way. The U will be the underdog going forward. 

It was a hold, how the other refs didn’t see it I’ll never know. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Maybe it wasn’t you, I am sorry dude!

FYI that was a hold it doesn’t matter who called it any time an O lineman tackles an D lineman it’s going to be called (watch the replay it was there) and the TD doesn’t happen if the flag isn’t on the ground. The Macon secondary was all pointing at it and just stopped running. They should have not done it but everyone knew it was coming back. 

Macon lost because they beat themselves with turnovers and couldn’t make a defensive stop when they needed to. Starting talent wise the 2 teams were even. Macon would probably get blown out at Greenville next week anyway. Upperman probably has a chance because of the depth they have. 

Edited by Khall555

9 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Maybe it wasn’t you, I am sorry dude!

FYI that was a hold it doesn’t matter who called it any time an O lineman tackles an D lineman it’s going to be called (watch the replay it was there) and the TD doesn’t happen if the flag isn’t on the ground. The Macon secondary was all pointing at it and just stopped running. They should have not done it but everyone knew it was coming back. 

Macon lost because they beat themselves with turnovers and couldn’t make a defensive stop when they needed to. Talent wise the 2 teams were even. They would probably get blown out at Greenville next week anyway. 

What do you think Upperman’s chances are?

3 minutes ago, UHSbees931 said:

What do you think Upperman’s chances are?

Read my edit.

I’m going to say Greenville by a touchdown but Upperman’s size and depth certainly has a better chance than Macon would’ve. It’s the other side of the bracket that could be the problem for either team that wins. 

Edited by Khall555

5 minutes ago, UHSbees931 said:

I would say it’s a toss up game. I really have no clue 

Game at Upperman and they probably win playing like tonight but the long trip and early start could really hurt. Greenville is supposed to be close to their championship team from a few years ago but who knows until they line up. 

8 hours ago, Khall555 said:

You are a powerhouse in Football, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball ect. While the rest of the schools in your county doesn’t seem to win at anything. Amazing how that works!! Macon has to have 20 years for the stars aligned perfectly to win at anything while you just load up every year in every sport. I have said all along it’s not cheating but it’s impossible for smaller counties to consistently compete with that advantage. Plus you don’t have any respect for schools like Macon, DeKalb, LA  and think they are beneath you. 

Montrey has been to the semis in football and championship game in boys basketball. Cookeville just went to the second round in football, and championship game in girls basketball. Montery and CHS are not poverty programs like you suggest. 

7 hours ago, Khall555 said:

I can’t believe people were booing the suplex being called. The whistle was already blown and he could have broke his neck with that.

I seen this play, and it was clearly a foul and should have been called. Upperman cannot commit silly personal fouls like roughing the kicker against Greeneville, and expect to win. That was a 14 point play in my estimation.  At the very least a 7 point play.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Montrey has been to the semis in football and championship game in boys basketball. Cookeville just went to the second round in football, and championship game in girls basketball. Montery and CHS are not poverty programs like you suggest. 

I hear y’all are broke and in poverty up there now after buying off the refs in last nights game! LOL we got something for Georgia today son! If you come I’ll be section B row 35 at Neyland 

Edited by Mr. Postman1
  • Like 1