Macon at Upperman

22 hours ago, Khall555 said:

It bothers me because it strikes at the heart of high school sports. What is happening makes it impossible for small county schools to compete. Upperman is dominating in every sport possible. The rest of the schools in the other 6/5 region/district teams are playing for 2nd place and just lucky to beat them in any thing. 
Look at the teams in this thread 

Macon loses 9 (5 Starters) Seniors Upperman 18 (9 Starters) Seniors

Macon Returns 14 Jr’s including a Mr Football candidate 

Upperman 10  Jr’s 3 or 4 starters

Which team should go 10-0 and which is staring 6-4 and barely making the playoffs next year? Logic says Macon should be better but it’s actually Upperman that will dominate the Region because they can reload their roster. Macon after next season will have 3 win seasons while Upperman will continue to compete for Championships. It’s not coaching that matters when you can just pick players off of other rosters. But I won’t post anything about this anymore 

Half of Upperman’s seniors didn’t even play. You act like every kid that transfers in is an All-American. If anyone was cheating or recruiting there would be more than half the seniors playing 

3 minutes ago, UHSbees931 said:

Half of Upperman’s seniors didn’t even play. You act like every kid that transfers in is an All-American. If anyone was cheating or recruiting there would be more than half the seniors playing 

Upperman consistently had sub par seasons before Caine got here. It has much more to do with coaching than you think

• Like 2

On 12/4/2023 at 1:48 PM, UHSbees931 said:

Upperman consistently had sub par seasons before Caine got here. It has much more to do with coaching than you think

2013-2017 I would hardly call subpar

13-1 in 2013

7-5 in 2014 after losing a huge class from the ‘13 squad

9-3 in 2015 with another district title

4-7 in 2016. Subpar I will agree

6-5 in 2017. Par

Upperman had consistently subpar season before 2013. That 2013 team got it turned around and Upperman has taken it a step further under Caine

On 12/7/2023 at 6:23 AM, TheBlueprint said:

2013-2017 I would hardly call subpar

13-1 in 2013

7-5 in 2014 after losing a huge class from the ‘13 squad

9-3 in 2015 with another district title

4-7 in 2016. Subpar I will agree

6-5 in 2017. Par

Upperman had consistently subpar season before 2013. That 2013 team got it turned around and Upperman has taken it a step further under Caine

They had 1 great year (minus getting killed by Alcoa) and 1 decent year, and that’s pretty much all they’ve won before Caine other than 1996. 

On 12/8/2023 at 10:43 AM, MidTennFootball said:

Upperman, you better get used to the idea that ppl will hate you for being successful and that means they'll use every excuse in the book and hope one sticks. Most can't get their brains around the idea that success recruits itself

100%, they’ve done it in girls basketball for years too