South Pittsburg vs Gordonsville (Stone Cold vs Action Jackson)

Southtowner

6 hours ago, TheBlueprint said:

So are you saying this SP team is one of the best in program history?

No it’s a once in every 15 year Team through the years. Personally I think the 94 Team was the best. BUT!! This Team has the fastest Defense I’ve seen. Also the Athleticism on the WHOLE Team is better imo. One of the issues and it’s a great issue to have is soooo many Game changing Athletes on this Team it so hard to decide what to do. Honestly there are 6-8 play makers on this Team that was shine on any 1-2 and some 3 A Teams imo.  I’ve said all alone it would really Suprise me if anyone scores on South Pittsburg in the Playoffs the 4 points allowed per Game the 1st string is probably averaging 2 Points per Game if looked back on. And half of those were a Big Play. I don’t see any Team in the east to drive the field again and again. It’s not gonna happen and the Teams we have played would probably tell you that. This is Gordonsville BUT not your typical Team. I travel there for work all the time and talk to people and I just don’t see the enthusiasm. Pirates by 28 if the Pirates play like they have the last 2 Playoff Games it could get worse. 

Edited by Geno

8 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

How does a Gordonsville fan know this and an SP fan doesn’t even know it?  I wasn’t sure what we average. Are you a researcher or a coach? :roflol:

Not a coach. I guess you could call me a researcher. I just went to SP’s schedule on coacht and went to the “analysis” tab. Shows how many points scored and given up. Then I divided both numbers by 12 for games played

4 hours ago, Geno said:

No it’s a once in every 15 year Team through the years. Personally I think the 94 Team was the best. BUT!! This Team has the fastest Defense I’ve seen. Also the Athleticism on the WHOLE Team is better imo. One of the issues and it’s a great issue to have is soooo many Game changing Athletes on this Team it so hard to decide what to do. Honestly there are 6-8 play makers on this Team that was shine on any 1-2 and some 3 A Teams imo.  I’ve said all alone it would really Suprise me if anyone scores on South Pittsburg in the Playoffs the 4 points allowed per Game the 1st string is probably averaging 2 Points per Game if looked back on. And half of those were a Big Play. I don’t see any Team in the east to drive the field again and again. It’s not gonna happen and the Teams we have played would probably tell you that. This is Gordonsville BUT not your typical Team. I travel there for work all the time and talk to people and I just don’t see the enthusiasm. Pirates by 28 if the Pirates play like they have the last 2 Playoff Games it could get worse. 

Definitely no secret that this Gordonsville team isn’t like some of the past. We lost a big class that had high expectations and never made it past the quarters in their 4 years. This team wasn’t supposed to be as good and honestly is kind of a surprise to have made it this far. We will be better within the next few years. Got a good group of underclassmen and Jr high kids. I think the Pirates have their way with us this year as well. Just want our boys to compete and not throw in the towel early

2 hours ago, TheBlueprint said:

Definitely no secret that this Gordonsville team isn’t like some of the past. We lost a big class that had high expectations and never made it past the quarters in their 4 years. This team wasn’t supposed to be as good and honestly is kind of a surprise to have made it this far. We will be better within the next few years. Got a good group of underclassmen and Jr high kids. I think the Pirates have their way with us this year as well. Just want our boys to compete and not throw in the towel early

Oh no way your Boys will quit!! I just want BOTH Teams to be classy on the Field

2 hours ago, TheBlueprint said:

Not a coach. I guess you could call me a researcher. I just went to SP’s schedule on coacht and went to the “analysis” tab. Shows how many points scored and given up. Then I divided both numbers by 12 for games played

I’ve given those numbers several times on here. We were ranked #2 Offensive Team no matter the classification in Tennessee and #2 Defensive Team no matter the Classification. Not sure where we rank now I don’t know if it’s updated. If we kept our 1st String in we would probably be at the Top. And all I heard were people saying we don’t play anyone. At 10-0, 5 of those Teams were ranked

1 hour ago, Geno said:

I’ve given those numbers several times on here. We were ranked #2 Offensive Team no matter the classification in Tennessee and #2 Defensive Team no matter the Classification. Not sure where we rank now I don’t know if it’s updated. If we kept our 1st String in we would probably be at the Top. And all I heard were people saying we don’t play anyone. At 10-0, 5 of those Teams were ranked

I’m taking SP by 16 in this one.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Yes it happened right in front of me on the wall. Clay kid and SP kid got in a ruckus and threw a punch at each other. Both were ejected as they should have been. 

Is he suspended for this game? Back in 2011 we had a kid get suspended playing SP in the playoffs and had to sit out the opening game of 2012 season. Pretty crazy