South Pittsburg vs Gordonsville (Stone Cold vs Action Jackson)

Southtowner

4 hours ago, TheBlueprint said:

“Expecting” isn’t the right word. “Hoping” is more like it. You guys are obviously a different animal than you were last year and we lost a big group of seniors. I’m sure it would take the game of our lives to leave with a W this year

Good luck to Gordonsville. But to get that Win you will have to get by possibility the Best and fastest Defense I’ve seen at South Pittsburg! And a Offense when in a groove will not be stopped. As I’ve said since August this is a once in every 10-15 year Team at South Pittsburg. Not Gloating just telling it like it is!

Edited by Geno

1 hour ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says theys a certainty of one thing, the Pirates’ defense is going to do a HEEP of Earholing come Fueding time. Them Gordy Tigers best come prepared fer it with a good supply of Bayer aspirin. OP likes the Pirates chances of advancing towards Finley. YepReconSo 

That Britton man has a good picture from the Clay game that shows all 11 Pirates surrounding a Clay ball carrier. Swarming defense unlike my Vols. YepReconSo

3 hours ago, Geno said:

Good luck to Gordonsville. But to get that Win you will have to get by possibility the Best and fastest Defense I’ve seen at South Pittsburg! And a Offense when in a groove will not be stopped. As I’ve said since August this is a once in every 10-15 year Team at South Pittsburg. Not Gloating just telling it like it is!

So are you saying this SP team is one of the best in program history?

5 minutes ago, TheBlueprint said:

This team is averaging 49 points a game and only giving up 4 … is there any other SP team that’s came close to that?

Different competition…. No way to compare teams but to answer your question about best team….no

Edited by team69
  • Upvote 1

This is a good Pirate squad this year.

Honestly, to me,  to be compared to other Pirate teams is a bit premature in my opinion. 

This squad has goals set just like all Pirate squads before them. 

This squad has attained an undefeated regular season, region 3 champs, 2 rounds of the playoffs. 

That's it.   

Got work to do.

Go Pirates!!

19 minutes ago, TheBlueprint said:

This team is averaging 49 points a game and only giving up 4 … is there any other SP team that’s came close to that?

I think the closest would be 07 scoring 48 allowing 11 but thats with 15 games. I'd have to agree with team69 it's very hard to compare. As far as athletes I'd say it's as good as any SP team but not close on the line.   I'd have to rank defensive side pretty high as well. Honestly as of now the wheels are still turning and we have a big task coming up on Friday. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

This is a good Pirate squad this year.

Honestly, to me,  to be compared to other Pirate teams is a bit premature in my opinion. 

This squad has goals set just like all Pirate squads before them. 

This squad has attained an undefeated regular season, region 3 champs, 2 rounds of the playoffs. 

That's it.   

Got work to do.

Go Pirates!!

ST you I was searching for the correct word and yes I totally agree this talk is "premature "  Pirates have a tough matchup on Friday and all focus needs to be on 2023 Gordonsville Tigers. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

I think the closest would be 07 scoring 48 allowing 11 but thats with 15 games. I'd have to agree with team69 it's very hard to compare. As far as athletes I'd say it's as good as any SP team but not close on the line.   I'd have to rank defensive side pretty high as well. Honestly as of now the wheels are still turning and we have a big task coming up on Friday. 

Agree to all this.