South Pittsburg vs Gordonsville (Stone Cold vs Action Jackson)

Southtowner

2 hours ago, powerp said:

I’m excited for this game Friday night. I know Gordonsville has a dangerous qb but who are some other players to watch? @TheBlueprint

#14 Dalton Hancock has really stepped up big at WR since Gentry went down. Definitely our first option in the passing game

#2 Musgrove is a good solid RB. Doesn’t really burn but can make some good things happen

#22 Jermario Williams is another RB who has came out of nowhere. From Jamaica and is just a sophomore. Just now learning how to play football but is a pretty shifty with the ball in his hands

#34 Kyle Adams. Kind of a do it all type athlete. Plays a lot of positions and is tough hard nosed kid

3 hours ago, powerp said:

It’s not the music it’s the volume of it. When your speakers sound distorted that’s an issue…but what do I know..I’ve only ran a soundboard for 25 years lol 

Not questioning your knowledge on how to run a soundboard patna. I was just sayin I like it loud and I like the selection of music as well. 

1 hour ago, pirate4ever said:

Yes. And maybe the cheerleaders could NOT play their's at the same time......

Amen 

8 hours ago, TheBlueprint said:

Probably will be until Regions 3 & 4 change up. Or unless we go to 2A next cycle. Our Jr High and Jr pro teams all had good seasons this year so more good talent is on its way to the high school field. Makes me think we will be seeing more matchups between Tigers and Pirates hopefully

Heard last week that this is probably last year for G-ville to be 1A.,going up to 2A...Don't know if that is true or not but that is the talk

8 hours ago, tkam said:

Heard last week that this is probably last year for G-ville to be 1A.,going up to 2A...Don't know if that is true or not but that is the talk

We were right at the cutoff for 1A. I think we were the 3rd highest enrollment in 1A. All depends on if TSSAA changes the cutoff number. I know they want to try and keep the same amount of teams in each classification so we could maybe stay 1A depending on what they do to that number. Time will tell 

21 hours ago, rlh said:

Gordy rolled into South Pittsburg on Halloween night in 1980 ranked as the number 1 team in the old Class A.  It was the Pirates Homecoming and we threw the biggest Halloween Party in the state of Tennessee that night to the tune of 38 - 0 Pirate victory.  Gordy was supposed to whip SP all over the field. 

So what you are saying is you all through a "Pitty" party for Gordonsville that year, hahahaha

2 hours ago, TheFootballDad said:

So what you are saying is you all through a "Pitty" party for Gordonsville that year, hahahaha

It was one of the best Home Coming games of all time!  Those Gordy guys didn't like it at all.  Too much orange and black that night I guess. 

Edited by rlh
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, rlh said:

It was one of the best Home Coming games of all time!  Those Gordy guys didn't like it at all.  Too much orange and black that night I guess. 

hahahahaha, ya i can see that color scheme being a little overwhelming at that time, lol...good times brother, that is what high school sports is all about...making and having those memories and experiences that never die!

28 minutes ago, TheFootballDad said:

Does the rain help or hurt either of the teams you think? i really dont know if either are spread em out passing teams. but also hard to hold on to that wet pig skin hahahaha.

It would hurt us imo. We are able to run the ball effectively because teams have to spread out and respect our passing attack. But if we are unable to throw and catch because the slippery conditions, our run game will be very ineffective because SP can just stack the box on us

Realistically, if SP had athletes galore they can just play man everywhere and stack the box anyways and it would be hard for us to do much on O