Round 3: Oz @ Coalfield

rtl112

30 minutes ago, ThinkAboutIt said:

Let's talk about it.  Morgan County has open zones.  I am sure that "your school" has been the recipient of a few good athletes in recent memory.  Is that recruiting?  Or is that politics?

Think about it!

Doesn't matter if its open or not TSSAA says otherwise. 

1 hour ago, EdForHeisman said:

Do we want to speak about the kid that is playing basketball for Coalfields Middle school program who played for sunbright last year and during the summer this past summer. Yet his family is still living in the same residence. No one will report coalfield from Morgan County because of retaliation of Mr Treece which is just plain sad. 

Wouldn't that be a tssaa ruling,not county? Just curious

2 hours ago, EdForHeisman said:

Doesn't matter if its open or not TSSAA says otherwise. 

Elementary school athletes would not have an athletic record.  Moving from a middle school to play for a different high school is legal so long as the county is open zoned....which Morgan county is.  

So, the kid you are talking about....why has no one reported him again?  Afraid of the Superintendent?  Wouldn't that be a school board issue?  Is this another victim card being played?

Think about it!

20 hours ago, ThinkAboutIt said:

Elementary school athletes would not have an athletic record.  Moving from a middle school to play for a different high school is legal so long as the county is open zoned....which Morgan county is.  

So, the kid you are talking about....why has no one reported him again?  Afraid of the Superintendent?  Wouldn't that be a school board issue?  Is this another victim card being played?

Think about it!

Bus routes are involved with the transfer rule by TSSAA rules and regulations.  It isn't as simple as open enrollment which varies by county.

2 hours ago, rlh said:

Bus routes are involved with the transfer rule by TSSAA rules and regulations.  It isn't as simple as open enrollment which varies by county.

i think you have to move as a freshman, like you can't just be a jr and decide to move schools.

On 1/7/2024 at 8:00 PM, crow said:

Honestly I’m not sure Oneida took OS off the schedule or if OS took Oneida off, I don’t have an answer about Oneida and OS other than maybe with the new region alignment for both there may have been a scheduling conflict for one side or the other, maybe both or something. It’s been on and off for a long time now. We’ll play a few years then won’t for a few. That’s the only thing I can figure but I do not have a for sure answer. 

I know Oneida isn't dodging the Bobcats that's for sure!  I'm not intending Oz would either for all you Bobcats out there.

Edited by rtl112

On 1/9/2024 at 2:06 PM, BFL347 said:

i think you have to move as a freshman, like you can't just be a jr and decide to move schools.

No you absolutely can move anytime you’d like. If you’re a junior and change schools you either have to have a legitimate change of address as defined in the transfer rules or you must sit out 1 year from last athletic participation. Example if you transfer after game 3 of your junior year and you do not meet change of address requirements then you would not be eligible until game 4 or your senior season but you absolutely would be eligible to play your senior season. 

Edited by crow

On 1/10/2024 at 12:25 PM, rtl112 said:

I know Oneida isn't dodging the Bobcats that's for sure!  I'm not intending Oz would either for all you Bobcats out there.

No I highly doubt either is scared to play the other. I suspect a schedule conflict somewhere with both regions having some changes this past year. 

On 1/11/2024 at 3:54 PM, crow said:

No I highly doubt either is scared to play the other. I suspect a schedule conflict somewhere with both regions having some changes this past year. 

I wasn't saying scared, its just always a good game and gate. I like that game but picking up Whitwell was good for us.

On 1/12/2024 at 9:31 AM, orngnblk said:

No, you can move any year you want to as long as it's a bonafide change of address.

yes, we agree on that for sure! the open borders in morgan means you can go to any school in county, Thats all but you can't per say go to Wartburg freshman yr. and then say Oakdale sophmore,without moving.

1 hour ago, BFL347 said:

yes, we agree on that for sure! the open borders in morgan means you can go to any school in county, Thats all but you can't per say go to Wartburg freshman yr. and then say Oakdale sophmore,without moving.

You can but it would cost you 1 year of eligibility by sitting out.