Round 3: Oz @ Coalfield

rtl112

1 hour ago, GFD709SHREK said:

Coalfield by 2 scores 

You tell it like it is and I appreciate that. How does Coalfield continue to blow teams out? I watched some games online of them this year. Are teams just not that great up that way? Hope to see the Kees and Pirates match up again in the coming years!

21 minutes ago, powerp said:

You tell it like it is and I appreciate that. How does Coalfield continue to blow teams out? I watched some games online of them this year. Are teams just not that great up that way? Hope to see the Kees and Pirates match up again in the coming years!

This is as down as region 2 has been in a very long time top to bottom. Region 1 as well both 1A and 2A. Coalfield is a good team but no where near what they have been in recent years. Coalfield, York and Hampton are all clearly the better teams but I’m not sold they’re great teams. Semifinals will expose quad 1 in both classifications in my opinion. 

Edited by crow
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, crow said:

This is as down as region 2 has been in a very long time top to bottom. Region 1 as well both 1A and 2A. Coalfield is a good team but no where near what they have been in recent years. Coalfield, York and Hampton are all clearly the better teams but I’m not sold they’re great teams. Semifinals will expose quad 1 in both classifications in my opinion. 

I agree, except in my opinion, I think South Pitt will exposes everybody in the east not just quad 1.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

I agree, except in my opinion, I think South Pitt will exposes everybody in the east not just quad 1.  

You are right rt as they do most years.We up here don't have the ability to pull those type athletes EVERY year.We had a good run and area kids loved to play for coach Ryan but this is the best it's gonna be for a while.Your best is still not close to an average SP team.We on the other hand have Blount County next door and we can pull them in but not with what we have now.Yes you have to have 1 or 2 studs to win against them just as they get each year.If we could have kept Ladue (Maryvillle) and Duggan (Alcoa) we would have a shot.Ladue is a legit D1 back.Duggan not so much but would have been All State here.

Edited by orngnblk

So let me get this straight....if you have good players you can compete for a state championship?  Nice logic.

And if the team that you pull for isn't as good as YOUR team was way back when then what should happen? What should the athletes or the coaches do?

From what I gather, everyone from the east needs to kick rocks, take the LOSS, complain that the coach is terrible,  and move on to next year.  

Think about it!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ThinkAboutIt said:

So let me get this straight....if you have good players you can compete for a state championship?  Nice logic.

And if the team that you pull for isn't as good as YOUR team was way back when then what should happen? What should the athletes or the coaches do?

From what I gather, everyone from the east needs to kick rocks, take the LOSS, complain that the coach is terrible,  and move on to next year.  

Think about it!

Alot of good points.Basically take your beating and be happy with a Semi final appearance,not many get one.