THE U TRAVELS TO GREENEVILLE. LETS GO

UCSportsFan

3 hours ago, crow6424 said:

I don’t believe this for a second. You will need to elaborate on this. 

Go back and watch their video of who they voted for. 
White’s QB Pinion

Upperman’s DL Harris

They mentioned Borders but said they couldn’t vote for him because they didn’t think he should win it because they didn’t think he was the best player in the Region this year. They also said he was a finalist last year and he would get votes for that and they wanted to see other kids in the Region get votes. 

https://uppercumberlandreporter.com/2023/10/here-is-who-we-have-on-ucrs-2023-mr-football-ballot/

What they said about him came off as very petty.

Edited by Khall555
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Go back and watch their video of who they voted for. 
White’s QB Pinion

Upperman’s DL Harris

They mentioned Borders but said they couldn’t vote for him because they didn’t think he should win it because they didn’t think he was the best player in the Region this year. They also said he was a finalist last year and he would get votes for that and they wanted to see other kids in the Region get votes. 

https://uppercumberlandreporter.com/2023/10/here-is-who-we-have-on-ucrs-2023-mr-football-ballot/

What they said about him came off as very petty.

I usually don’t chime in on the boards as I find them entertaining, but this is so moronically stupid that I can’t help myself.

We most certainly did not “intentionally leave Borders off so he wouldn’t win.” We voted for two people we thought we could argue were the best in the classification. Nothing more, nothing less. Think what you want about us, but we certainly don’t disrespect kids so you can shove that.

Hopefully both these teams play their best game tomorrow and leave healthy!

• Like 1

Borders twins our amazing players. Tripp for white co is amazing also and is a really good basketball player to. There is way to many players in our region to just pick one. The game tomorrow night is going to be good and who wants it the most and the one that doesn’t turn the ball over the least and can’t get penalties in spots that cause drives to stall

51 minutes ago, NoahMcKayUCR said:

I usually don’t chime in on the boards as I find them entertaining, but this is so moronically stupid that I can’t help myself.

We most certainly did not “intentionally leave Borders off so he wouldn’t win.” We voted for two people we thought we could argue were the best in the classification. Nothing more, nothing less. Think what you want about us, but we certainly don’t disrespect kids so you can shove that.

Hopefully both these teams play their best game tomorrow and leave healthy!

Ok thanks for clarifying I was wrong about that. I was not sure. G Border’s stats this year were hurt because his brother was healthy. Both the kids you voted for can play for sure. 

Safe travels tomorrow the trip up to Greenville is so long one that you pass 2 Buc Ee’s. FYI I thank your sponsors for supporting your shows. 

7 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Ok thanks for clarifying I was wrong about that. I was not sure. G Border’s stats this year were hurt because his brother was healthy. Both the kids you voted for can play for sure. 

Safe travels tomorrow the trip up to Greenville is so long one that you pass 2 Buc Ee’s. FYI I thank your sponsors for supporting your shows. 

Both the Borders’ are awesome players. We’re blessed by all the great athletes at the 19 schools we cover.

Not trying to attack you personally at all, just don’t want 1) a kid to think we aren’t for him when we absolutely are or 2) people to think we are against their schools when we definitely aren’t. Kids deserve people to highlight them, that’s all we’re trying to do. Happy Thanksgiving

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NoahMcKayUCR said:

Both the Borders’ are awesome players. We’re blessed by all the great athletes at the 19 schools we cover.

Not trying to attack you personally at all, just don’t want 1) a kid to think we aren’t for him when we absolutely are or 2) people to think we are against their schools when we definitely aren’t. Kids deserve people to highlight them, that’s all we’re trying to do. Happy Thanksgiving

Make sure you info is correct about the opposing teams before going on air and looking dumb as well. While our games were stopped due to weather use the correct info especially with the Alcoa game. I have a really good feeling after the game tomorrow you’ll be thinking just how good Greeneville is. 35-14

9 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Make sure you info is correct about the opposing teams before going on air and looking dumb as well. While our games were stopped due to weather use the correct info especially with the Alcoa game. I have a really good feeling after the game tomorrow you’ll be thinking just how good Greeneville is. 35-14

“Greeneville is really good.” -me on air. Thanks for watching.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Slingitdownfield said:

I will say this about upperman, in 2013 they came to Alcoa, riding very high on a qb that never got sacked or dirty, their fans were obnoxious, talked trash even in the ticket lines that went to the bottom of the hill. Their players, namely the qb was better than anyone in the state to hear them talk!!!! At half time they wished they had never crossed the plateau! That qb couldn’t even tell what number he was nor what their colors were. By the end of the fourth, they had 75 hung on them. I said all that to say this, upperman can be a great program but they are their worst enemies, like the next year were beat AGAIN, on their own field but blame the refs on their OWN  muddy azz field that was offered to be played at tech because of all the rain, but THEY would NOT!!! But yet cried about the game!!! AGAIN, to be the man, BEAT  the man, in this case the devils!!!!! Greenville by 14!!!!!! 

Remember this day well. Upperman and the UpperCumberland learned a lot about what needs to happen in order to compete against top level competition. That was a “out behind the woodshed azz kickin”  as you yourself noted the next time these two teams played it was a much closer game. However the end result was still the same. A Loss for Upperman. This program is getting better and better. Are we on the level of a Greeneville yet?  We are about to find out. 

45 minutes ago, NoahMcKayUCR said:

It’s all good man. I just think what separates him from the others is the ability in all 3 phases. He can return the Kickoff for a TD, make a drive stopping INT/Tackle and score anytime on offense. 

Now to tomorrow’s game I have Greenville scoring a game sealing TD late and winning 27-14

Be safe everyone 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

It’s all good man. I just think what separates him from the others is the ability in all 3 phases. He can return the Kickoff for a TD, make a drive stopping INT/Tackle and score anytime on offense. 

Now to tomorrow’s game I have Greenville scoring a game sealing TD late and winning 27-14

Be safe everyone 

If you chose Harris, Pinion, or Borders you wouldn’t be wrong. All three are deserving but unfortunately only one wins. Uppercumberland Reporter does a great service by allowing us to see games we normally wouldn’t get to see. My nephew plays for the basketball team and I live in Nashville so it’s hard to make it to some of the games. So I’m thankful for them.

• Like 2