2023 Arby's Classic

TribalEmpire

33 minutes ago, MentorFan said:

For those who have watched Mentor and Kell so far, what are your thoughts on this semifinal? My hunch is that if Mentor had so much trouble with GW, they will have a very tough time beating Kell unless they really turn it around defensively along with maintaining a high efficiency of offense. I know Kell has a guard committed to South Florida. Any other big time players on their team?

Just my two cents but I think mentor will struggle with Kell’s athleticism and size. They’ll have to be on from the 3 point line to have a chance. However, they’re always fun to watch and well coached so who knows. 

9 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

Proud of Maryville season so far. Every loss was to a great team. Maryville is a sophomore dominated team. they will be good the next few years.

DB is in a similar situation this year. Sophomore dominated. But you guys are obviously 20 points better. We might have to get a top-notch transfer if we want to compete with you the next couple years. But you never know how players will develop. Playing good competition right now is the best thing for both teams. 

25 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

DB is in a similar situation this year. Sophomore dominated. But you guys are obviously 20 points better. We might have to get a top-notch transfer if we want to compete with you the next couple years. But you never know how players will develop. Playing good competition right now is the best thing for both teams. 

One of those stud sophomores transfered from Webb.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

We'll be lucky to get out of the Region this year. 

10 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

Arby's Classic semifinal 2 final:

Jackson-Reed 63, Mater Lakes 42

Tigers will play Kell for the 40th Arby's Classic championship tomorrow.

Bears will play Mentor for third place tomorrow.

Wonder what end our favorite team will be sitting today? I hope it's our end.

Edited by Lon4182
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

We'll be lucky to get out of the Region this year. 

We got spoiled the past two years. This year is a little painful but I'm already thinking past it. The future looks good. I haven't seen the freshman play this year, but I've seen some of the scores. Looks like they're pretty darn good. If they continue to develop maybe our chances of getting to state will be good for the next three years at least.