Pearl Cohn vs Upperman

Volsfan52

14 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Upperman will be playing for something more than a Gold Ball. We lost J T Butler, a fixture on the Upperman coaching sideline for many years. He passed away on the field at Greeneville after the game. Not that the game itself wasn’t big enough, but the desire to win it for JT is an even greater motivation. 

Prayers for JT family and the bees…Extra motivation for yall to bring it. We got one who in the hospital fighting for his life coming back from school who graduated last year. Everyone has had #6 or Jayden somewhere on their body. Both programs are hurting

16 hours ago, Volsfan52 said:

If Upperman can control the game like last week I feel they can win. If they get down early and a lot I think Pearl Cohn will win. If Upperman can run the ball and slow down Pearl Cohn like they were able to Greeneville. I like Upperman chance. Should be a terrific game. 

Years ago this would have scared me but playing MbA,CPA,WhiteHouse and station Camp twice who runs that ball control offense eases my nerves. The kids are prepared and they understand what they’re going against. Execution is the key one thing that upperman won’t be able to simulate is the speed and I’m just not talking offensive speed.

5 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Years ago this would have scared me but playing MbA,CPA,WhiteHouse and station Camp twice who runs that ball control offense eases my nerves. The kids are prepared and they understand what they’re going against. Execution is the key one thing that upperman won’t be able to simulate is the speed and I’m just not talking offensive speed.

I think people underestimate Upperman’s team speed because of the offense they run. They were flying around against Greeneville.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

I have only watched 10 minutes of film on pearl cohn. They have team speed and it seems like they want to run a fast pace on offense. To try and tire out the defense. Upperman has to run the ball and throw it enough to try and not make themselves one dimensional. Upperman can’t get into a shootout with them. They our not built to do that I don’t feel. Coach wants to run the ball and out physical the other ol and dl. If Upperman can execute there offense and defense like they did greenevile. I feel they have a chance. Pearl Cohn is going to score. Upperman just get down big early because if we have to really on pass our qb is not ready to sling it every yet. Should be next year but not this season

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Volsfan52 said:

I have only watched 10 minutes of film on pearl cohn. They have team speed and it seems like they want to run a fast pace on offense. To try and tire out the defense. Upperman has to run the ball and throw it enough to try and not make themselves one dimensional. Upperman can’t get into a shootout with them. They our not built to do that I don’t feel. Coach wants to run the ball and out physical the other ol and dl. If Upperman can execute there offense and defense like they did greenevile. I feel they have a chance. Pearl Cohn is going to score. Upperman just get down big early because if we have to really on pass our qb is not ready to sling it every yet. Should be next year but not this season

I like y’all’s QB. The kid got passion and effort 

45 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

Looking at all of the other matchups, this maybe the best game at the championships. Both teams are stacked. I’m impressed by how well the bigger guys from PC moves. One of the o lineman looks like he is about 350 and pulls to block with ease. 

To bad they got two 14-0 teams playing on a sat at 10am local time smh.

Booger observed them Firebirds come real close to collectin their 4th or 3rd Gold Ball at that last years Gold Ball contest.....Baxter has never been to a Gold Ball dance....thinkin the move up to 4A so they didnt have to play Aluminum City has been a plus over on the east side....

....the Bees have had a great season...and Booger lookin forward to observin them play in their first Final....but unfortunately Baxters first trip to the big dance will not end with a Gold Ball...Booger thinkin Upperman needs to find a additional 2 to 3 trips to endzone to have a chance at that W.....but the Firebirds LB play want let that happen

the Firebirds collect another Gold Ball Saturday and Coach Brunetti collect his first....

thats a Booger Pickin :thumb: