Craney steps down at Central

HTV

5 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Warren was 1-9. Stevens did not do good at OR but he won state at AE. I know who I would pick

Stevens also was terrible at LaVergne. Warren just happened to be the poor soul that was in charge after Bishop graduated. Give any coach the loaded cupboard Stevens had and they'd have a title to their name as well. Central can do MUCH better

16 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Stevens also was terrible at LaVergne. Warren just happened to be the poor soul that was in charge after Bishop graduated. Give any coach the loaded cupboard Stevens had and they'd have a title to their name as well. Central can do MUCH better

I don't think that LaVergne was ever loaded as a team. Sure they had a few great athletes but what team in that RuCo area doesn't these days. Take them out of that region and they have good success. You of all people should know that. Warren was unfortunate to take over after bishop left, but to me no chance at the job with the other names in the hat

58 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I have heard that Karns could open up, but not because of him leaving for another job. Maybe that is starting to be said to save face. No way he gets the job over Stevens, Cummings or Taylor, if Taylor threw his name in the hat.

So Warren is leaving Karns?  Just doesn't know the destination?

1 minute ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Not for sure on that, just heard rumors. I disputed them when I heard them arguing that karns is not a good job and he would need more time to see if he is good or not for Karns

A friend of ours said he doesn't really engage in the Karns community and doesn't really get in depth with his players.  Only certian ones.  I've always thought Karns or any team in a situation like Karns could be good if they realize that they don't get the best athletes so every year will be a challenge to coach to thier abilities and not make them adapt to a certian coaching style or whatever.  Hopefully that just made sense.

25 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I don't think that LaVergne was ever loaded as a team. Sure they had a few great athletes but what team in that RuCo area doesn't these days. Take them out of that region and they have good success. You of all people should know that. Warren was unfortunate to take over after bishop left, but to me no chance at the job with the other names in the hat

I know LaVergne has a ceiling of what's possible and aware of the quality of football being played, but nobody did less with more than Stanton Stevens at LaVergne. Central is better off hiring an assistant 

1 minute ago, MidTennFootball said:

I know LaVergne has a ceiling of what's possible and aware of the quality of football being played, but nobody did less with more than Stanton Stevens at LaVergne. Central is better off hiring an assistant 

I just got a text that said Stanton Stevens is the Dollar Tree Bryson Rosser. :D

3 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Has LaVergne ever been good? I would agree that 1 out of 3 HC jobs being successful for him isn't great. But in baseball terms if you're batting .300 you're in the HoF.

I would probably pick Cummings or Taylor just because they are not as removed in their HC careers of being a coach. Cummings hasn't coached for one season and Taylor the same as far as I know.

13 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Has LaVergne ever been good? I would agree that 1 out of 3 HC jobs being successful for him isn't great. But in baseball terms if you're batting .300 you're in the HoF.

I would probably pick Cummings or Taylor just because they are not as removed in their HC careers of being a coach. Cummings hasn't coached for one season and Taylor the same as far as I know.

They've had a little success. Stevens was there 10 years, he had plenty of time. You ask anybody in RuCo or OR, they're likely to have the same opinion. There is a reason why he hasn't been a HC since 2019. This isn't baseball, if you only convert a third of your 3rd downs, your not having a good game

Edited by MidTennFootball