Craney steps down at Central

HTV

26 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Once again way off base.  Your admin "connection" at HVA doesn't have a clue either.  the hurt dog is HVA and their pathetic athletic programs which are an embarrassment to Knox Schools.  

And it's better to let people think you're an idiot, than to prove it every time you post on Coach T.

Ok friend. It’s obvious that you don’t know what’s going on. Look no further than the kids at northwest middle school & vine. Where they end up going determines a big part of who is good between west, Fulton, central etc. 

29 minutes ago, HawkDad33 said:

Buddy we are not performing rocket surgery here. Look at 5A in Knoxville. When the kids in that area went to central, they won back to back titles. Now they are going to west, west is winning titles. 

the only one that is an exception is Powell and that’s because they got Walter Nolan to transfer in lol. 

in 2019 Central played west in the state semis... can you explain that with your theory?  And in 2018, west got beat by catholic by 6, then central beat catholic by 5.  

I went and looked it up, because wondered if you were right.  You're not.  

The main thing about west is they've had two good coaches in the last ten years.  Cummings in 13-14 with two state appearances.  Brown was hired for the 2018 season.  In 2019 he made the state semis... 2020 was the quarters... 2021 semis... 22&23 was the whole tamale.

So you take a look at that and think the idea he's recruiting makes sense?  How did he bring in enough players to make the semis in one season?

He had a good record at Motown, and when he went to west he has been really successful.  I'm not certain I can recall the last time HVA hired a HC with a winning record prior to the arrival...

But sure, you're right and we're all wrong.

37 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

in 2019 Central played west in the state semis... can you explain that with your theory?  And in 2018, west got beat by catholic by 6, then central beat catholic by 5.  

I went and looked it up, because wondered if you were right.  You're not.  

The main thing about west is they've had two good coaches in the last ten years.  Cummings in 13-14 with two state appearances.  Brown was hired for the 2018 season.  In 2019 he made the state semis... 2020 was the quarters... 2021 semis... 22&23 was the whole tamale.

So you take a look at that and think the idea he's recruiting makes sense?  How did he bring in enough players to make the semis in one season?

He had a good record at Motown, and when he went to west he has been really successful.  I'm not certain I can recall the last time HVA hired a HC with a winning record prior to the arrival...

But sure, you're right and we're all wrong.

So it’s not about the players… it’s all about the coaches. 

So I’ll wait and see Cummings rack up the titles at LC 

15 minutes ago, HawkDad33 said:

So it’s not about the players… it’s all about the coaches. 

So I’ll wait and see Cummings rack up the titles at LC 

It's like you focus on tiny piece of the whole discussion. 

Everyone here says West has players in-zone.  And they have for at least ten years.  Did you even look into the former UT players kids and relatives that are on the team?  (of course not, doesn't fit your soccer-dad narrative).  

If they already have players, then a decent coach can make a succesful program.

Did you explain how Brown turned it around in one year?  

And as for cummings at LC.  They'll be better than they were, but they don't have that many players in-zone.  history says they never really have.

1 hour ago, HawkDad33 said:

Ok friend. It’s obvious that you don’t know what’s going on. Look no further than the kids at northwest middle school & vine. Where they end up going determines a big part of who is good between west, Fulton, central etc. 

Once again, open your mouth and prove it.  Please just stop before you lose all credibility.   Roughly 50% of the students at Bearden Middle are zoned West and 50% to Bearden.  Northwest middle has very few zoned for West with the majority zoned for Karns and Powell.  Vine has very few students at West and even less play football. Their high school is determined by their address.  Now, you are correct in that they can apply for a transfer and start their athletic career elsewhere with an approved transfer.  According to a coach at West that I talked to today,  off the top of his head they have one player they know of that transferred from AE, and they don't have any from Central.  I think the West coordinator knows a little more about their roster than you do.  West has built a brand of winning.  If an upcoming ninth grader would rather play for West than Karns, then sure they have a helmet and shoulder pads for them.  Too bad nobody wants to play for HVA, not even their own players.   

Edited by oridgecat
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Once again, open your mouth and prove it.  Please just stop before you lose all credibility.   Roughly 50% of the students at Bearden Middle are zoned West and 50% to Bearden.  Northwest middle has very few zoned for West with the majority zoned for Karns and Powell.  Vine has very few students at West and even less play football. Their high school is determined by their address.  Now, you are correct in that they can apply for a transfer and start their athletic career elsewhere with an approved transfer.  According to a coach at West that I talked to today,  off the top of his head they have one player they know of that transferred from AE, and they don't have any from Central.  I think the West coordinator knows a little more about their roster than you do.  West has built a brand of winning.  If an upcoming ninth grader would rather play for West than Karns, then sure they have a helmet and shoulder pads for them.  Too bad nobody wants to play for HVA, not even their own players.   

More like 70% and up from Bearden Middle school go to West. Not that many make it to BHS. West Valley and Cedar Bluff both feed a higher % of students into BHS. 

• Upvote 2