Craney steps down at Central

HTV

HC's  need to be seen in the building everyday. Interact with players outside of football practice. It also helps create buy-in from the other people in the building if the HC is seen working in the building. Being in the building also helps solve issues that can happen during the day. If a teacher emails about a student or a player isn't going to class. Being in the building allows for you to deal with those issues first and not the admin or another coach.  Not saying it is the only method, but I believe it only helps your program.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, FootballJunkie077 said:

HC's  need to be seen in the building everyday. Interact with players outside of football practice. It also helps create buy-in from the other people in the building if the HC is seen working in the building. Being in the building also helps solve issues that can happen during the day. If a teacher emails about a student or a player isn't going to class. Being in the building allows for you to deal with those issues first and not the admin or another coach.  Not saying it is the only method, but I believe it only helps your program.  

100% better for the HC to be in the building.  In fact, the more coaches in the building the better.  Look at West, all but 2 work in the building every day.  When you have 100 plus players in the building, it creates several advantages over schools that do not have the head coach and majority of staff in building.  West football team meets for Advisory period with the head coach, every day.  They are not just screwing around, they have a team building type of activity every day.  The more time coaches spend with players the better, creates real buy in.  Second, discipline.  Players behave themselves and act like somebody with 10 of their football coaches in the building with them.  Academics improve, some coaches don't have a clue how their star players act and perform in the classroom.  Much easier to monitor academics and eligibility when coaches are in the building.  The advantages go on and on.  

Edited by oridgecat
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

100% better for the HC to be in the building.  In fact, the more coaches in the building the better.  Look at West, all but 2 work in the building every day.  When you have 100 plus players in the building, it creates several advantages over schools that do not have the head coach and majority of staff in building.  West football team meets for Advisory period with the head coach, every day.  They are not just screwing around, they have a team building type of activity every day.  The more time coaches spend with players the better, creates real buy in.  Second, discipline.  Players behave themselves and act like somebody with 10 of their football coaches in the building with them.  Academics improve, some coaches don't have a clue how their star players act and perform in the classroom.  Much easier to monitor academics and eligibility when coaches are in the building.  The advantages go on and on.  

A system in a neighboring county here in Georgia has a policy that a coach has to teach (or be an administrator) at the school he coaches at. In other words, you can’t teach at the middle school and be on the high school coaching staff.

West success has way more to do with funneling inner city Knoxville kids into their building and keeping them out of central, AE, Bearden etc.  lets talk about what actually matters. 

45 minutes ago, HawkDad33 said:

West success has way more to do with funneling inner city Knoxville kids into their building and keeping them out of central, AE, Bearden etc.  lets talk about what actually matters. 

That's BS,  you don't have a clue.  You act like you're in the know but you just repeat what some blowhard tells you.  Anybody from HV that thinks they know what's best for a program.........please!

Edited by oridgecat

1 hour ago, HawkDad33 said:

West has a great zone already for athletes. They don't have to recruit anymore they have built a brand. Now Bearden is who is doing what you're saying the most. Everyone recruits though some have to have foot soldiers and some just have to have open doors.

1 hour ago, HawkDad33 said:

You should probably stay out in the valley before you talk about too many things you don't understand.  You think the 100+ kids they have out are transfers? The stars they have getting publicity are mainly zoned for them I'm pretty sure.  I mean seriously, have you even watched them on TV?  In fact, many of their big time players are former UT players kids.  I thought this was public knowledge?

3 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

You should probably stay out in the valley before you talk about too many things you don't understand.  You think the 100+ kids they have out are transfers? The stars they have getting publicity are mainly zoned for them I'm pretty sure.  I mean seriously, have you even watched them on TV?  In fact, many of their big time players are former UT players kids.  I thought this was public knowledge?

Buddy we are not performing rocket surgery here. Look at 5A in Knoxville. When the kids in that area went to central, they won back to back titles. Now they are going to west, west is winning titles. 

the only one that is an exception is Powell and that’s because they got Walter Nolan to transfer in lol. 

That's BS,  you don't have a clue.  You act like you're in the know but you just repeat what some blowhard tells you.  Anybody from HV that thinks they know what's best for a program.........please!

Hurt dog gon holler 

5 minutes ago, HawkDad33 said:

Hurt dog gon holler 

6 minutes ago, HawkDad33 said:

Buddy we are not performing rocket surgery here. Look at 5A in Knoxville. When the kids in that area went to central, they won back to back titles. Now they are going to west, west is winning titles. 

the only one that is an exception is Powell and that’s because they got Walter Nolan to transfer in lol. 

Once again way off base.  Your admin "connection" at HVA doesn't have a clue either.  the hurt dog is HVA and their pathetic athletic programs which are an embarrassment to Knox Schools.  

And it's better to let people think you're an idiot, than to prove it every time you post on Coach T.

Edited by oridgecat
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, HawkDad33 said:

Everyone recruits who has success, no doubt about it. West's zone is good enough they can win with their own. They have only had two recruits locally that I know of in the Brown tenure. The LB/QB from bearden who ended up getting hurt one year and the RB they got from TKA. Other than that they are playing with their own. They don't have to recruit. Remeber a decade ago they won state with cummings too so the talent has always been there. 

The team you need to be going after is bearden they are killing the central/fulton/AE area.

New fulton HC will try to put an end to and so will new HC at central. He was probably the best recruiter not named Jones at bearden. You HV folk just dont get that your kids aren't strong or fast so football and basketball will never be better than average. Now with the baseball issue my guess is anyone worth a darn will leave

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Everyone recruits who has success, no doubt about it. West's zone is good enough they can win with their own. They have only had two recruits locally that I know of in the Brown tenure. The LB/QB from bearden who ended up getting hurt one year and the RB they got from TKA. Other than that they are playing with their own. They don't have to recruit. Remeber a decade ago they won state with cummings too so the talent has always been there. 

The team you need to be going after is bearden they are killing the central/fulton/AE area.

New fulton HC will try to put an end to and so will new HC at central. He was probably the best recruiter not named Jones at bearden. You HV folk just dont get that your kids aren't strong or fast so football and basketball will never be better than average. Now with the baseball issue my guess is anyone worth a darn will leave

Spot on!  Now Sherrif is a guy that is tuned in with what is really going on.  Unlike Daddyballs who relies on hearsay from the incompetent.