New BGA Coach

LetMeSpin

18 minutes ago, QuickStrike said:

That's fine.  When was the last time BGA won gold in football?

I looked it up: https://tssaasports.com/history/results/champions/?sport=football

Runners-Up in 2018, 2014, 2002, 1992

State Champs in 2003, 2001, 1998, 1997, 1995

Looks like Roc Batten had them in a good place...did the DEI kick in after he left?

4 hours ago, QuickStrike said:

This football job is a disaster.   BGA used to be a proud tradition that has been ruined by political correctness and DEI. 

They have the means and Roc got the facilities, all they need is a commitment from the powers that be and they could be a force to be reckoned with 

5 hours ago, QuickStrike said:

This football job is a disaster.   BGA used to be a proud tradition that has been ruined by political correctness and DEI. 

What has BGA done that would constitute it’s making decisions due to DEI? I would like to know specifics because this is the first I’ve heard of it. 

While BGA certainly has a more progressive view of many social issues its far from some East coast "woke" academic institution.  While the school was competitive from 2010-2018 its also fair to say the competition outside of CPA is not exactly high level football.  Its a low bar to be good in this division and that is just the truth.  There are 3 teams in this division running football programs and 2 of them just started in the last 24 months. 

Take a look at BGA athletics as a whole both boys and girls.  The only sports doing ok are boys basketball, girls soccer and volleyball.  That is it. I don't understand the expectation to pay $30,000 a year and not pursue excellence in all areas.  Athletics are not to the detriment of academics like many would say.  You can in fact pursue both at a high level and should!  Our kids deserve it.   We have to quit with all the excuses.  It really is as simply as run a great program where kids are seen, known, and developed and the numbers will take care of themselves.  Its not about recruiting or other excuses.  BGA needs to run a legit football program and hire someone who knows how to do that.  If they just want a "coach" there will be no change.  They need a program.         

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TeeterTot2 said:

I heard BGA is waiting for the NFL season to be over before they announce Bill Belichick as the new coach.

in TN more like Tim Tebow. No coaching experience at all...  perfect.  That is exactly what we are looking for.  Just get talented kids to show up and play sloppy football with no real development.