New BGA Coach

LetMeSpin

8 hours ago, LevisTheFuture8 said:

There’s not a school in Tennessee that would mercy rule CPA in recent years… 

Looks like 2 games in recent years with a running clock.

https://www.unapproved website.com/tn/nashville/christ-presbyterian-academy-lions/football/21-22/schedule/

https://www.unapproved website.com/tn/nashville/christ-presbyterian-academy-lions/football/22-23/schedule/

25 minutes ago, ChuckDSanAntonio said:

Was waiting someone to respond with that.  Not even sure how CPA got brought up in this.  Coincidence that those 2 games were against a coach with no known knowledge of D2?  

9 hours ago, LevisTheFuture8 said:

There’s not a school in Tennessee that would mercy rule CPA in recent years… 

Mater Dei Monarchs team or Desoto Eagles team could both come to Tennessee and mercy rule CPA Lions. It would happen. I guarantee it. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

2 minutes ago, CaptainGuru said:

Mater Dei Monarchs team or Desoto Eagles team could both come to Tennessee and mercy rule CPA Lions. It would happen. I guarantee it. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

He said in Tn.  Those are not in TN.  The LA teams certainly could however to his point I do not believe there is a  team currently in the state that could.  

6 minutes ago, Fnltexas said:

He said in Tn.  Those are not in TN.  The LA teams certainly could however to his point I do not believe there is a  team currently in the state that could.  

For that matter, is there anyone in TN that would mercy rule the top 10 or 15 teams in TN?  Probably not.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2023/12/05/tennessee-high-school-football-super-25-rankings-mccallie-finishes-no-1-tssaa/71795641007/

3 hours ago, Fnltexas said:

If Mater Dei Monarchs team or Desoto Eagles team came to Tennessee to play then they would be in Tennessee though. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

4 hours ago, CaptainGuru said:

If Mater Dei Monarchs team or Desoto Eagles team came to Tennessee to play then they would be in Tennessee though. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Lipscomb is an anomaly, when you bring on out of state kids, I truly forgot about how lopsided some of those games are, but that’s done now. Lipscomb isn’t what they were two years ago, also I don’t get what this point about Desoto and Mater Dei is. BGA’s goal isn’t to mercy rule CPA, nobody’s goal was. Lipscombs goal was to build a program to boost enrollment and the name of the school, and most importantly, get Dilfer a better job, but yes while the only school to mercy rule CPA was Lipscomb, it won’t happen again. Captain Guru gotta read better. 

2 hours ago, LevisTheFuture8 said:

Lipscomb is an anomaly, when you bring on out of state kids, I truly forgot about how lopsided some of those games are, but that’s done now. Lipscomb isn’t what they were two years ago, also I don’t get what this point about Desoto and Mater Dei is. BGA’s goal isn’t to mercy rule CPA, nobody’s goal was. Lipscombs goal was to build a program to boost enrollment and the name of the school, and most importantly, get Dilfer a better job, but yes while the only school to mercy rule CPA was Lipscomb, it won’t happen again. Captain Guru gotta read better. 

You talk about Lipscomb bringing in kids from out of state.  Do you not think that Baylor and McCallie bring in kids from out of state.  Look at all the kids they have from the Canadian national team.

2 hours ago, cbg said:

You talk about Lipscomb bringing in kids from out of state.  Do you not think that Baylor and McCallie bring in kids from out of state.  Look at all the kids they have from the Canadian national team.

Nah my bad, meant to clarify, obviously yes they are, but just saying that not being boarding and having kids from California and Illinois coming in is just different.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LevisTheFuture8 said:

A funny CPA mercy rule story involves Knox Catholic. We mercy ruled them in 2015, I think it surprised and ticked them off. They went on to win 4A by mercy ruling PC. 

In 2016 they were laser focused with Amari Rodgers scoring 5 or 6 TDs in the first half. During halftime a crazy lightning storm  descended and the game was called 45-0. I kinda always thought God called it for mercy, because I believe they would have done their best to hang a 100 on us that night…

10 hours ago, LevisTheFuture8 said:

Nah my bad, meant to clarify, obviously yes they are, but just saying that not being boarding and having kids from California and Illinois coming in is just different.

Right or wrong with so many people being allowed to work remotely it’s actually surprising to me that more families are not moving from one state to another one for their children's athletics.  The end result of Covid has really changed how and where families live while never changing jobs.  If a school has a high profile coach like Trent Dilfer that is known worldwide that alone attracts talent to a school.  There are very, very few high school coaches with the name recognition of TD where they can make a call on a players behalf and get the in front of numerous power 5 coaches.