D2A 2024 Way Too Early Favorites

ReitzFan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

My preliminary thoughts, I have not really dug in to see what's in the hopper for each team.

East: DCA and who knows? Both MTCS and FCS lose a lot of ammo to graduation

Middle: NCS and COLA

West: TCA and JCS

tho Booger would agree on the youth of that overall young DCA squad and their performance this season was rather commendable.......thinkin its possible them Wildcattin Baptist will be adjustin to a new HC.....

Booger just sayin ;)

19 hours ago, BobbyB said:

If one free transfer passes , it will be schools who have recruited in the past step above rest.

once them coaches, AD's and educatin institutional administrators that are uncomfortable workin in the gray ever get that green light to accept transfers...they will catch up.....

them folks over at T$$AA struggle to keep up with transfers now.....to do it with that number triplin or doublin...

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

1 hour ago, Booger said:

tho Booger would agree on the youth of that overall young DCA squad and their performance this season was rather commendable.......thinkin its possible them Wildcattin Baptist will be adjustin to a new HC.....

Booger just sayin ;)

I think it is really possible for the wildcats to be adjusting to a new hc….. if that is the case….. good luck to them….. was at their home game against nsc….. pretty sure they had more people on the band then on the field and they still beat them pretty good….

AAA - I don't have much pulse on 3A except to say that the Chattanooga schools have been dominate as of late so my guess is the winner comes from Baylor or McCallie or whoever can knock them off.

AA - After attending the AA championship game I would say CPA has to be the favorite. Also, playing in the last 6 championship games and winning a few doesn;t hurt either. They had close to, if not, 100 kids dressed out and some studs on the field and sidelines so they keep reloading, right? Rankin will continue to develop Boyd's program and they will be tough. They had many young players contributing so they should continue to improve. I would say other teams in the running would be Davidson, FRA, Webb, Lausanne. Reynolds may have a better year next year at CCS too.

A - My picks in no particular order would be CA, DCA, JC, FC, MTCS. I leave out NC only based on what posters have said about Curtis moving on. If he's back, then they obviously jump back in the mix if not move closer to the overall favorite.

On 12/5/2023 at 7:42 PM, The50YardLine said:

It is online….. 2,826 yards through the air…. I saw that he broke all kinds of school records??? Impressive… if wade stays and the o line/ d line improves…. DCA could be dangerous and be again once in the hunt…. Really depends on if wade stays… 

Not really about Wade. His attention to detail and coaching and teaching the OL is crazy good. I’ve truly been amazed at how technical and detailed he’s been with those kids on the line and all the other players as well. He’s built a good team just hasn’t had enough linemen this last year and the QB who just broke all those records had more INTS than TDs the year before as a sophomore. If Wade isn’t the coach they will still throw it all over the place. If they get a few linemen to play who are walking the hallways or their young linemen get more size and strength they will be very very good for a very down division. Of course the division was way down this year as well from the previous years but it will be beyond that next year. 

Edited by Playerscoach

On 12/6/2023 at 1:18 AM, ReitzFan said:

provide a link so I can check it out. It is not on the           M  Preps site that most schools use for such things.

I don’t think there is a traditional listing of their stats on Instagram that you’d normally be able to pour over, but I think this is the post he is referring to. You don’t have to have instagram, just this URL in a browser  

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzqrrWWuRDK/

Edited by BreadTruck28

3 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

I don’t think there is a traditional listing of their stats on Instagram that you’d normally be able to pour over, but I think this is the post he is referring to. You don’t have to have instagram, just this URL in a browser  

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzqrrWWuRDK/

Thanks for providing the link I was looking for. Playercoach inferred that this was where all DCA stats are posted. It obviously was not. I don't do Instgram so I would have no idea how it works