2A York Dragonettes Beat 4A Cookeville 52-48

bobcatfan300

The Dragonettes had an early 14 point lead on the 6-1 Lady Cavaliers but Cookeville took the lead by 3 with about 5 minutes to go. York retook the lead at 50-48 with 51 seconds to go. Cookeville panicked with seconds to go and threw up a terrible 3...it missed by 10 feet at least. York brought it in and Clemson signee, Reese Beauty, was fouled. She sank both free throws for the 52-48 win.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

The Dragonettes had an early 14 point lead on the 6-1 Lady Cavaliers but Cookeville took the lead by 3 with about 5 minutes to go. York retook the lead at 50-48 with 51 seconds to go. Cookeville panicked with seconds to go and threw up a terrible 3...it missed by 10 feet at least. York brought it in and Clemson signee, Reese Beauty, was fouled. She sank both free throws for the 52-48 win.

Desperation will get you in most cases, not really and fan of either team, but if I had to pick I'm happy York pulled out a win. 

• Like 1

good game between two good teams last night.  Lady Cavs switching to the zone seemed to slow York down a little bit and allowed CHS to fight back and take the lead.   Still a lot of  talented youth (although some experience from last year) at the guard spots for Cookeville.  They will only keep getting better. 

I thought the difference was just York clearly had the best player on the court. 

It was a good game.  End of the game was pretty bad for the Cavs.  York went up 2 pts with like 53 seconds left.  And Cookeville didn’t get a shot off in the final 53 seconds.  I can’t call that last one a shot.  It was more of a desperation throw.  A lot of that had to do with great pressure defense by York and poor execution by the Cavs.  

In both of Cookeville losses, they had a bad first quarter.  You can’t give a good team a 14 pt lead in the first quarter and win most nights.  But also in both losses Cookeville never stopped fighting and left it all on the court.  Great game by York though!  They played very well.  Even when Cookeville made the run and took the lead late in the 4th,  York made a key steal on the press, offensive rebound on FT, and clutch game winner by the toughest player on the court.  Big time players make big time plays in big time games.   

• Like 1