Basketbrawl

Hadmatter

Any word from the Part Time-Part Time A.D. at Greenback on this mess. This whole incident reminds me of my younger day's when I had this friend who would go into a bar on the strip in Knoxville and cause a big fight and come running out with 6 or 7 people running after him while we waited down the street a few blocks to pick him up before anyone caught him. 

On 12/16/2023 at 9:24 AM, Southtowner said:

I seen this mess last night as it came across my timeline. 

I have no idea what started the melee.

You can see an older gentleman, who is wearing a red hoodie, run across the court in small choppy steps.  His first step going into the stands is a "doozy." He slips & falls into the stands, gathers himself, then monkey crawls up another step,  may or may not push a player in a white Jersey out of the stands, and then gets swallowed up.

the guy in red sweater is the grandfather of #2 from oakdale,which his son is the man that was in fight,the guy on right that ends up on top. im pretty sure guy on right was over there,telling the greenback guy to quit calling his sons number,and to quit talking to him while hes on the court.

At the end of the day, this is totally on the administration at Oakdale.  Someone should have stopped the parent who walked around to the Greenback side especially if they had trouble with this parent before. Oakdale needs to own this, and correct this from ever happening again.  By the way, both coaching staff needs to review their responsibilities to keep players on the bench during an altercation whether it’s on the floor or in the stands.  Usually an assistant coach should be responsible for this.  Both schools can do better!  

Furthermore, both parents should be ashamed of themselves. Their actions just may have cost their schools from participating in post season play. If both schools appeal their punishment, and I’m sure they will,  each will have to show the TSSAA more than just two game suspensions for all parties involved. It may take banning the parents involved for the rest of the season to lift the post season ban. 

5 hours ago, Thebalduglyduck said:

This isn’t oakdales first incident. They’ve had players ejected from football for fighting. Last year they had that parent that went after the referee. Then all this happened. Remember all of this is kept in a file and punishments are based everything. 

Sounds like you are suggesting that Oakdale has a culture issue of poor sportsmanship with their male sports programs.  

1 hour ago, Orangeslide said:

At the end of the day, this is totally on the administration at Oakdale.  

Unconfirmed dialogue overheard between Oakdale game administrator and Deputy Sheriff:

Admin: that ole boy is really letting Clyde’s boy have it tonight

Fife:  yep, somebody ought to get ahold of him

Admin: uh oh, Barney, look here! There goes Clyde walkin over there. He’ll shut him up!

Fife: yep, I’d say ole Clyde will dot those eyes if he don’t hush up!

Moments later, all heck breaks loose while the two stooges stand in the corner with their popcorn. 

I agree with you. This should’ve been taken care of before it got to the boiling point.