Varsity rosters

ReitzFan

Perhaps one of the many coaches who read these forums will answer my question.

When asked to supply a numerical roster for broadcast media or public address announcers when you are on the road, how come some of you coaches won't put them in numerical order? I have seen coaches send out rosters with players listed by class, by alphabetical order, and a small few of you send them with no number at all.

Come on coaches, do better!

Rant Over!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Honestly, I wish the TSSAA would mandate a roster uploaded on their website.  That would help everyone!

Totally agree. I’m not sure if folks outside of media or game day crews realize how something as simple as a roster can be made so difficult. Having them in one unified location would be a huge benefit.

And @ReitzFan, I’m working a game today. You would not believe the roster sent to me to share with our announcer and radio guy. I’ve looked at it for over 24 hours and still can’t figure out how it was put together. And best of all is the fact that it doesn’t even have numbers for the players. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Most programs that are legit have their rosters on one or more platforms. unapproved website is credible most of the time

Unfortunately, there are people who put a roster on that site and the same player is listed multiple times or they have a goofy amount of players on the roster like 30 or more.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Totally agree. I’m not sure if folks outside of media or game day crews realize how something as simple as a roster can be made so difficult. Having them in one unified location would be a huge benefit.

And @ReitzFan, I’m working a game today. You would not believe the roster sent to me to share with our announcer and radio guy. I’ve looked at it for over 24 hours and still can’t figure out how it was put together. And best of all is the fact that it doesn’t even have numbers for the players. 

I'm taking a not so wild guess and saying you are covering your girls today. So many of the Memphis schools are such a joke

6 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Honestly, I wish the TSSAA would mandate a roster uploaded on their website.  That would help everyone!

Sadly, they still manage to screw that up at times. Unfortunately, basketball coaches are the worst about making a proper roster available. If I call on Monday for a roster to use in a Friday game, I should not have to still be making return calls on Thursday. That is way too common.

• Like 2

On 12/28/2023 at 12:28 AM, ReitzFan said:

Perhaps one of the many coaches who read these forums will answer my question.

When asked to supply a numerical roster for broadcast media or public address announcers when you are on the road, how come some of you coaches won't put them in numerical order? I have seen coaches send out rosters with players listed by class, by alphabetical order, and a small few of you send them with no number at all.

Come on coaches, do better!

Rant Over!

Coaches and fans should do this,are they just darn lazy?