Top Coaches in East TN

EastTNfootballFan111

11 hours ago, Rebelyell10 said:

Memphis isn’t what it used to be….most of the serious players moved to private schools etc

You do realize that when DB won the State two years ago there were players like Brandon Miller, Amarr Knox, JR Jacobs, Jarred Hall, etc. at the Glass House.  Stop trying to down play what DB did at the highest level of Public School basketball in Tennessee 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

You do realize that when DB won the State two years ago there were players like Brandon Miller, Amarr Knox, JR Jacobs, Jarred Hall, etc. at the Glass House.  Stop trying to down play what DB did at the highest level of Public School basketball in Tennessee 

Bearden defeated Brandon Miller and Jarred Hall...but give DB credit.  They played very well that tournament after getting the easiest draw.  Best Coaches in East TN imo are at Fulton, Bearden, Greeneville, Oak Ridge, Sevier Co, and DB

1 hour ago, KnoxBBall1993 said:

Bearden defeated Brandon Miller and Jarred Hall...but give DB credit.  They played very well that tournament after getting the easiest draw.  Best Coaches in East TN imo are at Fulton, Bearden, Greeneville, Oak Ridge, Sevier Co, and DB

You are correct but other than playing Coffee County in the first round I wouldn’t say beating Bartlett (who beat Beech the same team that beat Bearden earlier in the year by over 20 and the tournament favorite) and then beating Bearden in the Championship was an easy draw.  The poster made it sound like DB won it all when there wasn’t some high quality players in that tournament.

18 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Just answer the question. What's your record? How many games have you won? 

I'm sure he's undefeated... never lost a game.

11 hours ago, Rebelyell10 said:

How did your coach poore and his injuns do tonight wacko?  

I'll give you this.  We're much worse than I even thought we were... we abandoned defense entirely hoping we could outscore Boone and failed miserably.  I'm starting to think we'll be lucky to win a single conference game.  I know we're young, but Poore is the kind of coach who doesn't like using that as an excuse.  He's getting pretty fed up with the way they're playing and you can tell.

On 1/4/2024 at 3:07 PM, 99SportsFan said:

Sam Tarlton (North Greene)

John Dyer (West Ridge)

John Dyer, (are you kidding me)?  He has coached for almost 40 years.  He just got win #600, an average of 15 wins per season.  One state tournament trip in 40 years.  If he hadn't moved down to AA for several years, his win total would be atrocious. Don't believe me, look it up.  They named a gym after him!  Well, they named the gym at west ridge after the school superintendent for some crazy reason.  This was pathetic, when you have gym's named after Buck Van Huss, Dickie Warren, Bobby Snyder Charlie Bayless.   That is the way that works.