Westview HC search

2 hours ago, GOCHARGERS said:

Westview got a good one and he's meeting with the team now. We are pumped!!

So why did Mcconnell leave Westview after 1 year and why would Westview bring him back after not winning no more than 4 games a year at Camden? 

Edited by PantherPride12

Just now, PantherPride12 said:

So why did Mcconnell leave Westview after 1 year and why would Westview bring him back after not winning no more than 4 games a year at Camden? 

They can have him  losing games while scoring 50+ is as frustrating as it gets. Not sure we did  a single tackling drill the entire time he was Head coach here. 

I am hoping we can get Coach josh Wolfe. The mans a leader a winner!The Kids loved and respected him both times he was here. He never moved from Camden in the 5 years he was turning around the west Carrol program as HC or the  2-3 years  he has been coaching at henry County.  Fools if we don't

22 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Did not see that hire coming.

And I doubt I am the only person who feels that way. Time will tell if this was the correct move or an over correction after the last coach.

McConnell is a brilliant offensive coach...if he can get a good defensive coordinator and let him do his thing, Westview will be a juggernaut as soon as Simpson gets comfortable in the QB role. If McConnell's ego gets in the way of the defense, there'll be blowout wins against lesser competition and 70 point shootouts against the good teams. May be sooner, but I look for Westview to be the favorites two years from now if they can stay in 2A, and to be picked to get to the championship if they move back up.

33 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

McConnell is a brilliant offensive coach...if he can get a good defensive coordinator and let him do his thing, Westview will be a juggernaut as soon as Simpson gets comfortable in the QB role. If McConnell's ego gets in the way of the defense, there'll be blowout wins against lesser competition and 70 point shootouts against the good teams. May be sooner, but I look for Westview to be the favorites two years from now if they can stay in 2A, and to be picked to get to the championship if they move back up.

McConnell will do well like u say offensively but for him to come back he must have got a no contact order from a couple of people lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tradertwo said:

They better hope for a favorable reclassification next cycle or it’s going to be a long haul in 3A. Fun fact: the older Simpson won 5 playoff games in 4 years as a starter at Westview, all 5 coming in his senior year! Zero wins over Covington, Milan, and South Gibson in that span. That district was tough! That purple team down there will almost always have something to say about who gets to play for 2nd in the Alcoa bowl. 

On 1/26/2024 at 5:23 PM, tradertwo said:

He's baiting you to think that Matt McConnell is going to be the coach. Could very well be, but I trust this source about as far as I could throw him. McConnell is an outstanding offensive coach, but he doesn't strike me as the type to be subordinate to anyone and it's been strongly insinuated that others will have a lot of input on the direction of the offense there.

You better be glad you did not bet me. You would owe me money. Westview Chargers will be mercy ruling a lot of teams the next few years. It will happen. I guarantee it. Do you want to bet me NOW? I am THE Captain Guru and I approve this message.

I'm still a little confused. No offense to the kids here, but Camden was not a good team. They would have lost to Dresden by 70 if they had played an entire game rather than a Jamboree 2023. It was the same way (or worse) in preseason scrimmages the 2 years prior to that. I just don't see what all the heroics are with the McConnell hire. Hope it works out for them. GAURANTEE they slide back to 2A.

Chris Coleman on the other hand is the real hire to me. The kids loved him. Offense or defense, he was the one they ran to on the sideline excited after a big play. That says something about the respect he commanded & got from the team. He really put the energy into them & it showed.