Copper Basin 2024

5 hours ago, FootballDavis said:

They drug their feet so long on the applicant from Rhea County he withdrew his name because the hiring process was such a fiasco. Plus he started getting other calls and Copper Basin wouldn't pull the trigger.

Doesn’t surprise me.. I’ve heard Jon Rectorovic is the top guy. Man this should be interesting. A journeyman, I was hoping we would get someone that had been committed to a place for a while but when the hiring process is so interesting I don’t blame serious people for pulling their names.

I have a good friend who just went through the process with Copper Basin. I will say this, that community is committed to football. There are some people there who are investing a lot in making sure the football program gets on track. The administration are kind and are going to do everything they can to help the next coach. I hope the best for the Cougars in the future.

13 hours ago, elcants4life said:

I have a good friend who just went through the process with Copper Basin. I will say this, that community is committed to football. There are some people there who are investing a lot in making sure the football program gets on track. The administration are kind and are going to do everything they can to help the next coach. I hope the best for the Cougars in the future.

I hope that’s the case, I know some good and bad within the administration and I do believe some have the best in mind but the others are power hungry.

4 hours ago, TheCommander said:

Nothing to update other than, supposedly the old tellico guy got hired and thirty minutes later came back and decided he didn’t want it. Not sure how much truth there is to that.

Heard he was told he couldn’t use foul language if he wanted to be the coach and he said that he couldn’t coach that way. That’s what has been passed down the grapevine 

The principle and AD should be FIRED. It's ridiculous, and a complete lack of adequate leadership. Knox Central, Rhea Co, Lenoir City, Austin East, Fulton, etc..etc... have all went through the hiring process with a great since of urgency with a priority on winning, and program upgrades. 

• Like 2

On 3/16/2024 at 3:26 AM, TheCommander said:

Heard a hire was made don’t quote me on it but I’m hearing Brett Graves a young gun from Hayesville. If that’s the case I hope he can bring some energy we need in the Basin. 

That was made official today. He coached at Hayesville in middle school for a few years that I know of and then was on the high school staff just a couple of years. Hasn’t been coaching too long and never as a head coach in high school so this one will be interesting. I know the administration is a big problem in the school and the job is very unattractive. A lot of wrong people have been trying to get their hands on things the past few years and still are. The people of Copper Basin on the high horses are a big issue and there are a lot of them. Hopefully Graves brings in the right people to help him but it is slim pickings since all the good help was forced out of the program and still aren’t welcomed back by the beloved trying to control it. No idea if he actually knows anything about football but I know small time 1A ball in Tennessee is very different than a lot of places and especially Hayesville so I hope he at least develops an attitude for the boys.

• Like 1