#1 Soddy v. #2 Signal

cowcatcherII

6 minutes ago, FR615 said:

Looks like the bump up for JoJo gonna cost them points again. He gets a major at 126, but they get pinned at 120. 

Not sure if it would have mattered or not, they don’t have really anybody between them and once their 113 almost got tech falled they were going to have a tough time catching up.

9 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Not sure if it would have mattered or not, they don’t have really anybody between them and once their 113 almost got tech falled they were going to have a tough time catching up.

That’s a good point. Not there but it appears Soddy has really dominated this match. 

Edited by FR615

2 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

44-19 and boogie is wrestling up at 150 and Turner is last if they even have him wrestle. Only these 2 matches left

Large gap between Soddy and the rest in that division. Soddy is solid at almost every weight. 

On 1/22/2024 at 2:07 PM, cowcatcherII said:

Does anyone know if this dual is still taking place tomorrow and if so what time and where? I hated I missed it last year. Heard it was a wild environment. Hoping to take my son this year. 

Soddy is truly elite in my opinion this year. Signal has their studs in the lowerweights but does Signal have anything in the upperweights besides the Davis kid that will give them a chance? 

Soddy won 55 to 19.

2 hours ago, FR615 said:

Large gap between Soddy and the rest in that division. Soddy is solid at almost every weight. 

They looked fired up tonight. Not sure who they have tomorrow but whoever it is will have to bring their best to even have a shot

Edited by cobrakid8

19 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

They looked fired up tonight. Not sure who they have tomorrow but whoever it is will have to bring their best to even have a shot

Lol,  Cleveland ain't walking through that door tomorrow. I mean that to say, there's only a handful of teams that could give them a run.  None of which are small school.  

Edited by TotallynotLEO

4 minutes ago, TotallynotLEO said:

Lol,  Cleveland ain't walking through that door tomorrow. I mean that to say, there's only a handful of teams that could give them a run.  None of which are small school.  

I knew they were good but I really had a hard time believing you from before about how good, but they even have some good JV kids to fill roles when needed! I say they have Alcoa at 5 tomorrow at the round gym. At state I’m not sure what anyone else has for them but it should be a nice ride! 

9 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

I knew they were good but I really had a hard time believing you from before about how good, but they even have some good JV kids to fill roles when needed! I say they have Alcoa at 5 tomorrow at the round gym. At state I’m not sure what anyone else has for them but it should be a nice ride! 

I've been to quite a bit of off season stuff last spring/ summer.  I saw a lot of SD kids at those events. I saw quite a few at FS/GR stuff.  Also saw em at the Soddy Showdown this season.  They're solid, I've seen enough.  In my opinion,  they're probably top 3 public school in the state, regardless of small/big classification. I think they would beat most of the big school teams at state duals heads up. Not Cleveland,  but they make that one respectable.  

I looked for my coach while I was at SD but never did find him.  Maybe next year.  

6 minutes ago, TotallynotLEO said:

I've been to quite a bit of off season stuff last spring/ summer.  I saw a lot of SD kids at those events. I saw quite a few at FS/GR stuff.  Also saw em at the Soddy Showdown this season.  They're solid, I've seen enough.  In my opinion,  they're probably top 3 public school in the state, regardless of small/big classification. I think they would beat most of the big school teams at state duals heads up. Not Cleveland,  but they make that one respectable.  

I looked for my coach while I was at SD but never did find him.  Maybe next year.  

There was a ton of people last night at the dual, although I actually thought it would be packed to the gills, but it was a great atmosphere! Yeah, alot of the kids got out and wrestled FS/GR during offseason and you can see the strides they have made there, with one of the biggest strides coming from the heavy Davis, this year he looks like a totally different wrestler, not only bigger and stronger but he is aggressive also!  I will say Signal is better than they showed last night, I just don't think any of the moving around they did worked out as well as if they had wrestled straight up, although I think if they wrestle again it would be closer, after last night I don't think they can beat Soddy even if they brought their A game and Soddy didn't wrestle all that good and that is coming from me who is very superstitious and I don't like picking my own teams to win things especially winning big. They are just tough from top to bottom. I will say I'm not sure what they have in the pipeline but once Jojo is gone and they no longer have any Uhorchuk's left they are going to have a tough time staying on top! Those boys have really helped somewhat carry that team for a long time with pretty much always having a guaranteed 5 or 6 points!