#1 Soddy v. #2 Signal

cowcatcherII

14 minutes ago, rideOut said:

Bro, please stop, you are not funny and you are casting a bad light on the Cleveland program, which I know is not in any way represented by you, but its bad taste and quite annoying. Leave your bitterness in the other thread and move on. I promise your life will feel more fulfilling if you just let the little things go.

I am just doing what he did to me for a few days. LOL. He said a contract was presented but yet he can’t prove it. He’s a moron and a liar

15 minutes ago, masonlillard said:

With all due respect, how is 175 seen as a 50/50 match? Yes, Rawlinson is pretty good but the evidence of separation between the two is seen in the results on Track both in Folkstyle and Freestyle. Always a good match between the two though. 

I've seen Jackson in person,  he's legit. I just haven't seen Logan in person much so I was guessing a bit.  I meant no disrespect.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Davis win,  at all.  He's a bit unorthodox at times and confuses people, to his advantage.  

I bet there's some shuffling in the lineups. Two good coaching staffs so whoever wins the toss will play a big factor. If they wrestle it straight up, I see it playing out something like this.

106-Higdon (SM) dec. Mayhan (SD), 3-0 SM

113-Davis (SM) pins Roberts (SD), 9-0 SM

120-Jojo (SM) pins Flavin (SD), 15-0 SM

126-Duncan (SD) pins Lynch (SM), 15-6 SM

132-E. Uhorchuk (SM) pins Lewis (SD), 21-6 SM

138-Wysong (SD) maj. Patrick (SM), 21-10 SM

144-Cosper (SD) pins anyone for SM, 21-16 SM

150-Shriner (SM) dec. Bull (SD), 24-16 SM

157-Turner (SD) pins Smith (SM), 24-22 SM

165-Ross (SD) pins Lillard (SM), 28-24 SD

175-Davis (SM) pins Rawlinson (SD), 30-28 SM

190-Wade (SD) dec. Burkolder (SM), 31-30 SD

215-Laxton (SD) pins anyone from SM, 37-30 SD

285-Davis (SD) pins Strong (SM), 43-30 SD

I think Soddy's slight advantage in the middle and significant edge from 190-285 will be the difference. It wouldn't shock me to see this one decided by a match or two though.

21 hours ago, cowcatcherII said:

Thanks cobra! Do you what time the matches start and is it at the high school or the old off campus gymnasium? 

Any predictions?

Cowcatcher:  region duals will start at 6 Thursday at the round gym at Soddy! 
matchups will be Soddy Daisy vs Red Bank.  Hixson vs Signal with winners up after those matchups!  Like last year this should be a fun matchup and I’m hoping it’s a different result than last year. After that I have a feeling both Signal and Soddy win their sectional matches and make the state tourney.  

1 hour ago, cobrakid8 said:

Cowcatcher:  region duals will start at 6 Thursday at the round gym at Soddy! 
matchups will be Soddy Daisy vs Red Bank.  Hixson vs Signal with winners up after those matchups!  Like last year this should be a fun matchup and I’m hoping it’s a different result than last year. After that I have a feeling both Signal and Soddy win their sectional matches and make the state tourney.  

Thanks Cobra! My son and I plan on coming after I get off work. He’s a big Jojo fan but I think Jojo’s team could be in for a long night. Signal could make it interesting but your boys would really have to have an off night to lose this one or to anyone in small school in my opinion. I’m looking forward to watching Cosper myself. He was a fun one to see at the state tournament last year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cowcatcherII said:

Thanks Cobra! My son and I plan on coming after I get off work. He’s a big Jojo fan but I think Jojo’s team could be in for a long night. Signal could make it interesting but your boys would really have to have an off night to lose this one or to anyone in small school in my opinion. I’m looking forward to watching Cosper myself. He was a fun one to see at the state tournament last year. 

Sounds good, come by and say hello, I’ll be the one with the big sign that says my name is Doug lol  should be a great night and a great atmosphere for sure!

boogie is great, been a fan of his since he was a little one, I was friends with his grandmother when we worked together before she passed and she was a huge proponent of her grandson and he’s been all she said he was as a wrestler! 

• Like 1

I will miss this one for the Baylor v. McCallle match to see if the big blue can end the 20 year streak, but you love to see Chattanooga wrestling back with some great rivalries like Soddy-Signal and what should be a competitive battle tomorrow between Baylor and McCallie. 

While I understand the excitement around this one, actually don’t see it being all that close though despite it being #1 against #2. As Clubber Lang once said, “My prediction? Pain.” And a lot of it for the boys from the mountain tomorrow. Soddy will show they are officially back to the Steve Henry glory days. And that’s great for Chattanooga and Tennessee wrestling as a whole. I hope to see them start wrestling McCallie again next year like Coach Henry would. 

A little birdy told that tomorrow will be the first time all season that Soddy has their full lineup and their guys down to weight.

106 Mayhan dec Higdon (3-0 Soddy)

113 Jenkins pins Davis (9-0 Soddy) 

120 Uhorchuk pins Flavin (9-6 Soddy)

126 Duncan pins Lynch (15-6 Soddy)

132 Uhorchuk dec Lewis (18-9 Soddy)

138 Wysong pins Patrick (24-9 Soddy)

144 The Boogieman pins Clingan (30-9 Soddy)

150 Bull dec Shriner (36-9 Soddy)

157 Turner pins Smith (42-9 Soddy)

165 Ross pins Lillard (48-9 Soddy)

175 Davis majors Rawlinson (48-13 Soddy)

190 Wade pins Burkholder (54-13 Soddy)

215 Laxton pins or receives a forfeit. It looks like Signal forfeits 215 and heavyweight a lot (60-13 Soddy)

285 Davis pins or receives forfeit (66-13 Soddy)

The only way this one is close is if Soddy forfeits out once they clinch the dual. No disrespect to Signal Mountain, but this Soddy Daisy team is for real  and people aren’t giving them the respect they deserve because they’re in small school. I bet they would give McCallie, Ryan, and Baylor a run for their money.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, littlejohnny said:

I will miss this one for the Baylor v. McCallle match to see if the big blue can end the 20 year streak, but you love to see Chattanooga wrestling back with some great rivalries like Soddy-Signal and what should be a competitive battle tomorrow between Baylor and McCallie. 

While I understand the excitement around this one, actually don’t see it being all that close though despite it being #1 against #2. As Clubber Lang once said, “My prediction? Pain.” And a lot of it for the boys from the mountain tomorrow. Soddy will show they are officially back to the Steve Henry glory days. And that’s great for Chattanooga and Tennessee wrestling as a whole. I hope to see them start wrestling McCallie again next year like Coach Henry would. 

A little birdy told that tomorrow will be the first time all season that Soddy has their full lineup and their guys down to weight.

215 Laxton pins or receives a forfeit. It looks like Signal forfeits 215 and heavyweight a lot (60-13 Soddy)

The only way this one is close is if Soddy forfeits out once they clinch the dual. No disrespect to Signal Mountain, but this Soddy Daisy team is for real  and people aren’t giving them the respect they deserve because they’re in small school. I bet they would give McCallie, Ryan, and Baylor a run for their money.

I hope you are right and yes, looking at results through the year, it does seem like they haven’t had their entire lineup all season as Turner has barely wrestled, so I do hope they bring it and win going away tomorrow, but the boys from the Mnt always bring their A game also and they have been good at scrounging points when needed and I expect them to do the same tomorrow. I’m looking forwards to it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, littlejohnny said:

Baylor beat Signal something like 52-21 before the incident. Match was right before the snow. I doubt Soddy wins that big but they will win comfortably. 

pretty interesting box in the Baylor signal match. Signal bumped JoJo to 126 where they only got a decision.

Edited by FR615