Carter High New Coach

uofl

1 hour ago, CaptainGuru said:

Carter Hornets will not be as good with a new coach. Carter Hornets had a good coach in Coach P. Carter Hornets will get mercy ruled at least one time in 2024 season. it will happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

pretty sure they got mercy-ruled a couple times this year...

41 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

pretty sure they got mercy-ruled a couple times this year...

Carter Hornets only got mercy ruled twice in Strawberry Plains this season. Carter Hornets also got mercy ruled once in the playoffs. Carter Hornets went to Gatlinburg Highlanders field and mercy ruled the team with the coach that posts selfies so much. Carter Hornets also mercy ruled Seymour Eagles last season. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

22 hours ago, TheRedDevil1986 said:

This is going to sound much meaner than intended, but is Coach P considered a good coach? They have had decent talent the past couple years, but, to my knowledge, have never beat Gibbs or AC. Is that on him or is it their talent?

Carter is one of the smallest 4A schools. Gibbs has more kids and more talent on most years. Especially at their middle and youth programs. They do a great job there. 

Anderson county hasn’t lost a region game since 2016 so that’s irrelevant. 

3 minutes ago, HawkDad33 said:

Carter is one of the smallest 4A schools. Gibbs has more kids and more talent on most years. Especially at their middle and youth programs. They do a great job there. 

Anderson county hasn’t lost a region game since 2016 so that’s irrelevant. 

Ah, that makes sense. I was purely wondering about the landscape over there. I know my comment may not have come across that way. Thanks for the insight. Given that, it seems he did a good job with what he had to work with. I can't imagine it is easy to attract talent to Carter. Keeping kids at Carter, or any school in Knox County, is pretty difficult in the current landscape as well. 

On 1/30/2024 at 3:02 PM, TheRedDevil1986 said:

This is going to sound much meaner than intended, but is Coach P considered a good coach? They have had decent talent the past couple years, but, to my knowledge, have never beat Gibbs or AC. Is that on him or is it their talent?

No.  Twitter game is strong, though.

On 1/30/2024 at 3:02 PM, TheRedDevil1986 said:

They have done pretty decent considering the circumstances. Alcoa kills them by taking their players. Bearden took a stud RB from them about 2 years ago. Just a tough place to win at.