Carter High New Coach

uofl

On 2/10/2024 at 3:48 PM, CherokeeTrail said:

There’s a lot of good young coaches that could bring life into that program. 

And why is AE the only school that needs a "young coach". Did these other schools not need a "young coach" to bring life into their programs?

11 hours ago, HawkDad33 said:

I heard that Troy Flemming applied and part of his pitch was bringing several VFLs and titans players on his staff. That would be intriguing at least 

I know he has tried to apply at a couple different schools as a HC in years past and never gets hired. So maybe there is more to the story than we know. 

On 2/21/2024 at 9:14 PM, HawkDad33 said:

I heard that Troy Flemming applied and part of his pitch was bringing several VFLs and titans players on his staff. That would be intriguing at least 

Troy DID NOT apply at AE however, he did apply for other openings within the county. HVA being one that he really wants and he really wants to try to TURN that program around.  Most of the principals/KCS policy is that can't hire a head coach that is not in the building, that's why Troy never gets hired because he's liking his current job and it'll be hard to give it up to go coach.  Until KCS do away with a coach having to be inside the building policy then a lot of schools will miss out on former NFL players/well qualified coaches that wants to be there.  

On 2/14/2024 at 12:45 PM, SheriffofRedRock said:

AE will not be getting a young coach, they will get one that knows the lay of the land and has won there before

I know that, I'm just saying every time you turn around someone post, "AE needs a young coach". but you never read, "Carter/HVA/Central/South Doyle....etc needs a young and up coming coach!"  Its always AE and I'm asking why none of the other schools don't need a young coach and why is it only AE

2 hours ago, Turtle said:

Troy DID NOT apply at AE however, he did apply for other openings within the county. HVA being one that he really wants and he really wants to try to TURN that program around.  Most of the principals/KCS policy is that can't hire a head coach that is not in the building, that's why Troy never gets hired because he's liking his current job and it'll be hard to give it up to go coach.  Until KCS do away with a coach having to be inside the building policy then a lot of schools will miss out on former NFL players/well qualified coaches that wants to be there.  

There’s no such policy that prohibits schools from hiring Non faculty. That’s absolutely false. 

Bearden, Central, Carter all have non faculty head coaches. 

Troy definitely applied and interviewed. 

33 minutes ago, HawkDad33 said:

There’s no such policy that prohibits schools from hiring Non faculty. That’s absolutely false. 

Bearden, Central, Carter all have non faculty head coaches. 

Troy definitely applied and interviewed. 

You right he did, but he applied other places too and got the same answer - “we want someone that can be in the building !”

49 minutes ago, Turtle said:

You right he did, but he applied other places too and got the same answer - “we want someone that can be in the building !”

Maybe so, idk the ins and outs of the interviews. But just saying there is absolutely nothing that limits head coaches to strictly being in the building. 

as it shouldn’t. That’s an insane rule.

On 2/23/2024 at 12:08 PM, Turtle said:

I know that, I'm just saying every time you turn around someone post, "AE needs a young coach". but you never read, "Carter/HVA/Central/South Doyle....etc needs a young and up coming coach!"  Its always AE and I'm asking why none of the other schools don't need a young coach and why is it only AE

Yea I hear ya I don't understand the hate on AE could they be good yes, that has been proven in the past. The problem is these kids weren't alive for that. They are getting sold dreams from other places, I am afraid it has been too much pillaging and the longer it takes to bring stevens in the worse it will be.

On 2/23/2024 at 12:06 PM, Turtle said:

Jones at bearden is not a teacher, and Lane at Central to my knowledge is not a teacher. I don't think this matters anymore if the school wants the guy.