Carter High New Coach

uofl

On 2/23/2024 at 2:43 PM, Turtle said:

You right he did, but he applied other places too and got the same answer - “we want someone that can be in the building !”

Want in one hand and you know what in the other see which one fills up quicker. KCS doesn't pay enough for teachers or coaching supplements so they will get more and more non faculty HCs and that will not be good for the building staff.

On 2/26/2024 at 8:37 AM, SheriffofRedRock said:

Jones at bearden is not a teacher, and Lane at Central to my knowledge is not a teacher. I don't think this matters anymore if the school wants the guy.

I agree, if a school wants a certain coach they will take them teacher or not. Administrators believe that having your football coach in the building helps build a better culture as the coach can monitor his players actively at school.  The days of full time coaches being full time teachers are slowly diminishing away.  Knox County school should always be able to attract quality coaches in football.  Find you guy and hire him.  

On 2/27/2024 at 9:41 AM, Orangeslide said:

I agree, if a school wants a certain coach they will take them teacher or not. Administrators believe that having your football coach in the building helps build a better culture as the coach can monitor his players actively at school.  The days of full time coaches being full time teachers are slowly diminishing away.  Knox County school should always be able to attract quality coaches in football.  Find you guy and hire him.  

KCS locked their coaches stipends like 30 years ago. They are one of the worst school systems in Tennessee to coach for.