Pemberton Leaves Rhea for Campbell County

15 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

They started hot and then people figured them out. Their problem was they never added in new wrinkles or changed tendencies. Almost like they bought a program and just did it exactly to a T. 

Yeah exactly, zero new wrinkles,  and never been any good on defense.  

18 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

A side note. I am surprised media wise for a Rhea County coach to switch in a few respects; Rhea has always been leaning less media attention towards showing games on tv  Nfhs etc. while Campbell county is all about transparentcy having all there games live etc. and another point this will be a complete turn around. Whereas Rhea is known for ground and pound. I don't see that system working out well for CCHS. The crowds are about quick thrill and frils at CCHS. As CCHS just has really never had a winning program until the Price brothers got there. CCHS has tried this ground and pound numerous times and so far they haven't accomplished much. It's just not a ticket seller and they need that to keep interest involved. Maybe the new coach will put his stock in Defense but that may not sell for too long. Wish the coach the best and maybe that's why he's the coach, he may know better than the fans 

One thing CCHS will learn is Pemb does not give two S***s about the fans or media. He will run the double wing-T, it's his baby and he knows it better than anyone. But Defensive side of the ball will be whatever the DC decides to run. 

14 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Hey it could work; something has to work. He appears to be a pretty good coach. But I had high hopes for the Price twins. Wife said if they couldn't get CCHS to stability than no one can. And they did start off well and were completive longer than anyone in CCHS history and beat Oak Ridge which was a first. 

As far as X's and O's, he's up there with the rest of them. As far as relationship building, nope. And in high school sports that matters. The kids need to believe you have their best interest at heart. If you are not a starter, or a highly talented backup, you might as well not exist. He runs his program like a college one, and it relies heavily on the strength and conditioning program. 

5 minutes ago, Random1234 said:

As far as X's and O's, he's up there with the rest of them. As far as relationship building, nope. And in high school sports that matters. The kids need to believe you have their best interest at heart. If you are not a starter, or a highly talented backup, you might as well not exist. He runs his program like a college one, and it relies heavily on the strength and conditioning program. 

I have heard he runs practice without pads, don't know if it is true or not. When he started at Rhea it didn't seem like it mattered but as time went on it started to seem like it was true.

3 minutes ago, Random1234 said:

these days you absolutely have to build positive relationships with these kids or it will never work.  Especially in a program that has struggled to win football games since the school opened.   I just can't see this working out, really just a strange hire and fit.   

Just now, SheriffofRedRock said:

I have heard he runs practice without pads, don't know if it is true or not. When he started at Rhea it didn't seem like it mattered but as time went on it started to seem like it was true.

Can only speak on what I've seen recently, and it was no shoulder pads on offense, full pad on defense. 

2 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

these days you absolutely have to build positive relationships with these kids or it will never work.  Especially in a program that has struggled to win football games since the school opened.   I just can't see this working out, really just a strange hire and fit.   

I'm guessing, again just a guess no factual evidence to back this, but I think his time in Rhea just came to a close. Talent level is going to drop losing Davis, his bell cow. I also know that there was pressure from admin to control finances. He's been looking to get out over the past couple years, I can only believe CCHS offered up a nice chunk of $$$

3 minutes ago, Random1234 said:

I'm guessing, again just a guess no factual evidence to back this, but I think his time in Rhea just came to a close. Talent level is going to drop losing Davis, his bell cow. I also know that there was pressure from admin to control finances. He's been looking to get out over the past couple years, I can only believe CCHS offered up a nice chunk of $$$

They do 11 month contracts whereas most public schools do 10 month contracts. So they spread 11 months of pay across the 12 months and normally schools spread 10 months of pay across the 12 months.

• Like 1

at the end the day gents and others.....RC on average will never get past the 2nd round and/or out of Knoxville in pursuit of a title.....history has proven they dont have the athletes to get thru Knoxville..

no matter who gets the gig

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Booger said:

at the end the day gents and others.....RC on average will never get past the 2nd round and/or out of Knoxville in pursuit of a title.....history has proven they dont have the athletes to get thru Knoxville..

no matter who gets the gig

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Rhea is a beautiful place......