Pemberton Leaves Rhea for Campbell County

10 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

you got something that is accurate and up to date?

Yeah, just google the school system's website and follow links till you find the pay scale for that county.  Rhea doesn't have theirs on their website because nothing is up to date in that area, but your teaching salaries start at $40,000 or more now due to increases by state funding etc....  I do have a good teacher friend that stated you can negotiate your salary when coming to Rhea Co, but who knows...that is just hear say.  But back to the topic at hand....What happen between Rhea and Pemberton??? 

3 minutes ago, LarrySmellsTidwellsTrap said:

Yeah, just google the school system's website and follow links till you find the pay scale for that county.  Rhea doesn't have theirs on their website because nothing is up to date in that area, but your teaching salaries start at $40,000 or more now due to increases by state funding etc....  I do have a good teacher friend that stated you can negotiate your salary when coming to Rhea Co, but who knows...that is just hear say.  But back to the topic at hand....What happen between Rhea and Pemberton??? 

Yea I did that and nothing up to date on either schools site. I just know that Campbell county pays an 11 month schedule and most schools dont do that.

7 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Yea I did that and nothing up to date on either schools site. I just know that Campbell county pays an 11 month schedule and most schools dont do that.

Tennessee needs to do that.  Georgia is way ahead of Tn in that department.  11 month contracts are the way to go to get quality coaches to actually come on board.  

8 minutes ago, RCfan said:
48 minutes ago, LarrySmellsTidwellsTrap said:

What happen between Rhea and Pemberton?

Things have been souring at Rhea between Pemberton and the community for a few years now. That I know for a fact. As to why they soured - I only know the rumors and what I hear from parents that still have kids in the program and I wouldn’t want to spread unfounded or biased rumors. Let’s just say that there is a large part of the Rhea fan base  that is very happy he is leaving and that is not the normal reaction when you lose a coach with a win loss record like Pemberton has. 
He probably should have left a few years ago….I will loosely quote Harvey Dent in saying “you either leave a hero or hang around long enough to become the villain” 

The Eagles have been down the last couple of years but these issues go way back farther than that. I will let some of our other folks that are closer to the situation fill in the blanks.

GO EAGLES!!!

Expand  

Rhea Eagles better find them a good coach or they will get mercy ruled in most games this season. If Rhea Eagles are getting mercy ruled your best players will leave to go play for Bradley Bears again next season. If you do not get a good coach it will happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.