Summit gets Cleveland in Round 1

fooseball95

38 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

You aren't the only ones who host a dual tournament. Clarksville hosts the Slamfest every year, Christian Brothers hosts a dual tournament each year, MBA, Wilson Central, Knox Halls, Smokey Mountain Duals, the list goes on and on. 

The arrogance is just never ending. 

No, the point was that out of all the teams that people accuse us of being scared to wrestle, we are the only team OUT OF THAT SPECIFIC GROUP that hosts a dual tournament. My gosh. I feel like my mastery of English grammar and syntax is sufficient to make the point I was trying to make. Read a little closer next time. And for the record, did Buford or Camden wrestle at those tournaments? Could we have gone to Clarksville to get those two specific duals? Come on man. That response is a joke and completely missed the point.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

so why did your daughter go there and not Bradley? Both mine went to Soddy and since Bradley is an open county your kids go where YOU choose for them to go, so you made a conscious decision to go to Cleveland and not Bradley!  So yeah, I'm smarter than a third grader, you on the other hand I'm not so sure you would pass pre-k! Seems like the song says, "when it comes to brains he got the short end of the stick" was written about you!  I probably should just leave you alone, its hard to have a battle of wits when someone is unarmed.

Doug you are a bitter soccer dad. lol

you look the part of one. 

Who else is excited about state duals? They are almost here! Cleveland Raiders should win it but Summit Spartans will not be a pushover. Summit Spartans are the only thing stopping Cleveland Raiders from winning the whole enchilada. I guarantee it. I wish someone would bet me. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

I have not been on Coach T for years. I jumped on last week because of these idiots dogging Josh and Joey. I made a huge mistake. Do you people ever actually talk about wrestling? It seems like every conversation seems to be steered by two or three people who have some fetish about hating Cleveland to the topic of “Cleveland this or Cleveland that.” This thread started about seeding (or lack thereof) at the state tournament. These message boards would be a lot more interesting if we actually talked about wrestling. You think Buford is better than us? Throw the lineups up there and make an argument about how the dual would go.

Edited by FrecoFanatic
  • Upvote 1

Cleveland vs. Buford

106 - Cordero over Matz

113 - Walker over Clarke

120 - Ibold over Maughon

126 - Bosken over McCormack

132 - McArthur over Rice

138 - Gorman over Congdon

144 - Toss-Up

150 - Pope over Cleveland

159 - Schuft over McCormack

165 - Fowler over Hernandez

175 - Fowler over Santee

190 - Symborski over Pope

215 - Riner over Moore

285 - Russell over Buford

Giving both toss-ups to Buford…

Cleveland - 8 Wins

Buford - 6 Wins

So it probably comes down to bonus points.

19 minutes ago, TheTreyB said:

Doug you are a bitter soccer dad. lol

you look the part of one. 

awe, good comeback from someone lacking a brain, go see the wizard maybe he has one for you tinman! 

you look like a douche bandwagon fan, again never answered what team besides Cleveland you spend time on your knees worshiping? You afraid to answer Alabama or Georgia, prob a school you never stepped on campus and couldn't point at the city on a map! 

5 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

awe, good comeback from someone lacking a brain, go see the wizard maybe he has one for you tinman! 

you look like a douche bandwagon fan, again never answered what team besides Cleveland you spend time on your knees worshiping? You afraid to answer Alabama or Georgia, prob a school you never stepped on campus and couldn't point at the city on a map! 

Talk about wrestling instead.

32 minutes ago, Kell16 said:

The point freco was making is in direct response to the comments about us not leaving Cleveland to wrestle good teams, which if you read his post, is false. For sure we could travel to Clarksville and wrestle local Nashville teams and maybe a few Kentucky teams but instead they have traveled to Camden last year and lake Norman in 2022. Not that no one else hosts tournaments but that Buford or Baylor or Camden don’t travel to ours and we have traveled to tournaments where the are.

I could only find Cleveland's 2020/2021 schedule on their site.  But looking at when the Cleveland Duals were then.....the Buford Invitational looks to be the same weekend.  Like I've said before...scheduling is hard.  For Buford.....December looks pretty full....their tournament, then Missouri, Florida, and Ohio.

3 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

Cleveland vs. Buford

106 - Cordero over Matz

113 - Walker over Clarke

120 - Ibold over Maughon

126 - Bosken over McCormack

132 - McArthur over Rice

138 - Gorman over Congdon

144 - Toss-Up

150 - Pope over Cleveland

159 - Schuft over McCormack

165 - Fowler over Hernandez

175 - Fowler over Santee

190 - Symborski over Pope

215 - Riner over Moore

285 - Russell over Buford

Giving both toss-ups to Buford…

Cleveland - 8 Wins

Buford - 6 Wins

So it probably comes down to bonus points.

once they release their brackets tomorrow for their regions I will have a better idea of where everyone slots in there. Pope goes 144 on most all his matches this season and considering we wont have any idea who all they can move around it will have to be straight up their region lineup vs the one you all have used most of the season. Also I like your 285, but I have a feeling he would have a very tough time with Bufords HW so that would be a heck of a match and a matchup overall! 

• Like 1

Just now, RMC said:

I could only find Cleveland's 2020/2021 schedule on their site.  But looking at when the Cleveland Duals were then.....the Buford Invitational looks to be the same weekend.  Like I've said before...scheduling is hard.  For Buford.....December looks pretty full....their tournament, then Missouri, Florida, and Ohio.

Exactly my point. Guess what, our December is full too. We had Cleveland Duals, Carnahan, Knockout, and Powerade. We are not scared to wrestle them, and they are certainly not scared to wrestle us either, so arguing over it is dumb. I posted a hypothetical matchup. Talk about that instead.

1 minute ago, FrecoFanatic said:

Talk about wrestling instead.

I did, but Trey the douche wants to keep crying about not having a brain, must suck his entire life is wrestling he really needs a hobby, I enjoy my hobbies and so my life isn't entirely made of my sons soccer, sadly Trey there still living vicariously through his son! 

3 minutes ago, RMC said:

yep, they have a very tough schedule against some of the best teams across the country, all the while their football team ends up a lot of times playing into December so they don't have their full team until sometime in mid December or even January, since we all know football shape and wrestling shape are not the same!