Summit gets Cleveland in Round 1

fooseball95

2 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

once they release their brackets tomorrow for their regions I will have a better idea of where everyone slots in there. Pope goes 144 on most all his matches this season and considering we wont have any idea who all they can move around it will have to be straight up their region lineup vs the one you all have used most of the season. Also I like your 285, but I have a feeling he would have a very tough time with Bufords HW so that would be a heck of a match and a matchup overall! 

The Buford heavyweight is 215 lber and bumped against Camden I think. And they may bump against us. We also have a bunch of flexibility with our lineup and would definitely be putting Fowlers and Lucas on their weaker weights to ensure bonus. You can’t just put region vs region because a dual like that is all about hypothetical. Pope at 144 changes nothing because I have them winning both 144 and 150 anyway.

8 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

yep, they have a very tough schedule against some of the best teams across the country, all the while their football team ends up a lot of times playing into December so they don't have their full team until sometime in mid December or even January, since we all know football shape and wrestling shape are not the same! 

Their football team got bounced early this year if I am not mistaken. So that is a moot point. Cleveland made the playoffs last couple of years too and we have the same challenges as several of our better kids (including Lucas) play football.

Edited by FrecoFanatic

2 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

The Buford heavyweight is 215 lber and bumped against Camden I think. And they may bump against us. We also have a bunch of flexibility with our lineup and would definitely be putting Fowlers and Lucas on their weaker weights to ensure bonus. You can’t just put region vs region because a dual like that is all about hypothetical. Pope at 144 changes nothing because I have them winning both 144 and 150 anyway.

but that's the thing, you can't be bumping people, because first you have NO idea what weight it starts at or who has to send out who first. So you take their lineup straight up and your lineup straight up and make a prediction. It's the only way it works even for hypothetical matchups. So tomorrow they will put out their lineup for regions which should be their toughest lineup since its for state individuals and they want to take all 14 to state. Also, yes their HW is under 215 so he might wrestle 215, but most every match he has had this year has been at 285 including state duals, the Southern Slam and KC Stampede, he wont Southern Slam and was 1 match away from placing at KC which is a very tough tournament. So he's a good wrestler.

5 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

Their football team got bounced early this year if I am not mistaken. So that is a moot point. Cleveland made the playoffs last couple of years too and we have the same challenges as several of our better kids including Lucas play football.

they got put out in the third round this year which was 11/24 so yeah they would be missing some guys in early to mid December and for reference although I'm not sure how many football players you all have, but Cleveland football was eliminated on 11/3

Edited by cobrakid8

11 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

Exactly my point. Guess what, our December is full too. We had Cleveland Duals, Carnahan, Knockout, and Powerade. We are not scared to wrestle them, and they are certainly not scared to wrestle us either, so arguing over it is dumb. I posted a hypothetical matchup. Talk about that instead.

Not really arguing.....I'd just like to see it.  

Just now, cobrakid8 said:

but that's the thing, you can't be bumping people, because first you have NO idea what weight it starts at or who has to send out who first. So you take their lineup straight up and your lineup straight up and make a prediction. It's the only way it works even for hypothetical matchups. So tomorrow they will put out their lineup for regions which should be their toughest lineup since its for state individuals and they want to take all 14 to state. Also, yes their HW is under 215 so he might wrestle 215, but most every match he has had this year has been at 285 including state duals, the Southern Slam and KC Stampede, he wont Southern Slam and was 1 match away from placing at KC which is a very tough tournament. So he's a good wrestler.

Then there is no point in debating it, because neither team is going to wrestle it straight up. Buford did not wrestle Camden straight up. They bumped around. I posted how we would probably try to match up to maximize wins. You want to post a different scenario, then do it. I went off their dual against Camden and thought what they would likely do against us to maximize wins. Where would they do it differently than what I posted? Post how they would try to matchup against us.

5 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

Their football team got bounced early this year if I am not mistaken. So that is a moot point. Cleveland made the playoffs last couple of years too and we have the same challenges as several of our better kids (including Lucas) play football.

Umm.......I wouldn't go there.....comparing their football teams......Buford had more 5 star players than the entire state of Tennessee....wouldn't go there with any other sport against Buford....feel free to check.

1 minute ago, RMC said:

Umm.......I wouldn't go there.....comparing their football teams......Buford had more 5 star players than the entire state of Tennessee....wouldn't go there with any other sport against Buford....feel free to check.

But don't you know? These cleveland parents think they're the best at EVERYTHING. 

all hail cleveland

3 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

they got put out in the third round this year which was 11/24 so yeah they would be missing some guys in early to mid December and for reference although I'm not sure how many football players you all have, but Cleveland football was eliminated on 11/3

So one week difference!? Lol. Bro, move on and actually talk about wrestling. What does it even matter? They did not wrestle us in a dual. No way they or us would wrestle after the first of the year because the post season is the focus for both teams. If they will never have their full lineup in December, then it is stupid to even talk about this topic because the two of us would never wrestle a dual with both lineups at full strength. Move on man.

Just now, RMC said:

Cleveland isnt really good at football much anymore, they went 6-5 this year and bounced 1st round Nov 3rd, didnt make it the year before and they havent made it out of the 1st round in many years

7 minutes ago, RMC said:

What the actual heck are you talking about!? What does that have to do with the fact both teams were still playing in November? We were talking about them having wrestlers still in football in November. I pointed out that we were also playing in November. At what point did I say Cleveland is as good in football as Buford? Your argument makes no sense, and them being better in football does not change the validity of my point that both teams had to deal with wrestlers playing football in November. Stop. You are saying ridiculous things to try and be right instead of thinking about what you are saying.

Edited by FrecoFanatic

3 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

So one week difference!? Lol. Bro, move on and actually talk about wrestling. What does it even matter? They did not wrestle us in a dual. No way they or us would wrestle after the first of the year because the post season is the focus for both teams. If they will never have their full lineup in December, then it is stupid to even talk about this topic because the two of us would never wrestle a dual with both lineups at full strength. Move on man.

what, one week difference?  I think again you are showing a lack of reading comprehension! Cleveland isnt very good at football, you haven't made it out of the first round of the playoffs(the latest being Nov 6th since any of the kids have went to the high school! Literally this past season you all were out NOV 3RD BUFORD WASNT OUT TILL NOV 24TH  so a difference of 3 weeks!