Summit gets Cleveland in Round 1

fooseball95

2 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Cleveland isnt really good at football much anymore, they went 6-5 this year and bounced 1st round Nov 3rd, didnt make it the year before and they havent made it out of the 1st round in many years

What the heck does that have to do with anything? BOTH teams had wrestlers playing football in November.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

Their football team got bounced early this year if I am not mistaken. So that is a moot point. Cleveland made the playoffs last couple of years too and we have the same challenges as several of our better kids (including Lucas) play football.

Wrong…

This was the first season in about four or five years Cleveland has made the playoffs. And this is the first year in a long time that a lot of football players have come out for wrestling. 

6 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Cleveland isnt really good at football much anymore, they went 6-5 this year and bounced 1st round Nov 3rd, didnt make it the year before and they havent made it out of the 1st round in many years

Better than any good Soddy team(s). The last couple of years. 

14 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

but that's the thing, you can't be bumping people, because first you have NO idea what weight it starts at or who has to send out who first. So you take their lineup straight up and your lineup straight up and make a prediction. It's the only way it works even for hypothetical matchups. So tomorrow they will put out their lineup for regions which should be their toughest lineup since it’s for state individuals and they want to take all 14 to state. Also, yes their HW is under 215 so he might wrestle 215, but most every match he has had this year has been at 285 including state duals, the Southern Slam and KC Stampede, he wont Southern Slam and was 1 match away from placing at KC which is a very tough tournament. So he's a good wrestler.

He is a good wrestler, and that is why they don’t want to wrestle him against Tyson. Why risk losing both 215 and HWT? And it does not matter what weight we start at. If the lineup I posted is what we want to send, we can send that lineup. They can bump around to get different matchups, but they can’t dictate who we send at what weight. So yeah, I can say that is the lineup we send. Since that is true, tell me how they would adjust their state duals finals roster to negate our lineup’s advantages.

Just now, Humorist said:

Better than any good Soddy team(s). The last couple of years. 

yep, for sure! We just fired our coach because they were terrible, have been for a very long time which means we have an added bonus of getting our wrestlers in to actually get into wrestling shape and be able to wrestle

2 minutes ago, Humorist said:

Wrong…

This was the first season in about four or five years Cleveland has made the playoffs. And this is the first year in a long time that a lot of football players have come out for wrestling. 

Bro, you are talking out of the side of your neck. Four of our best wrestlers have played football all through high school.

1 minute ago, cobrakid8 said:

yep, for sure! We just fired our coach because they were terrible, have been for a very long time which means we have an added bonus of getting our wrestlers in to actually get into wrestling shape and be able to wrestle

You and @Humoristneed to go to the football message boards. You finally shut up about “Cleveland this and that” and then talk about football instead of wrestling. I don’t give a crap about Cleveland or Buford’s football programs.

6 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

What the heck does that have to do with anything? BOTH teams had wrestlers playing football in November.

3 weeks longer this year to get wrestlers into shape and on weight, last year would have been a long time since you didnt make the playoffs and even though Buford only made the 2nd round that was still Nov 18th when they got put out, the year before that they won State in football and didnt finish until Dec 11th. So yeah it makes a big difference in those early year tourneys when you have weeks more to prepare get in shape and on weight. I mean their HW that weighs under 215 now was 235 at 5'10 in football shape as a LB and FB. 

2 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

Bro, you are talking out of the side of your neck. Four of our best wrestlers have played football all through high school.

Haha…Tygaard himself even said this was the first year he’s had this many wrestlers come out for the team. And they haven’t been to the playoffs in four years. Bahahaha. You make me laugh hysterically. I get it your new to the area or County. But C’mon man those teams right there with those guys wouldn’t even stand up to us. 

5 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

your football team sucks buddy! For as good as your wrestling team is, your football team isnt! They have missed the playoffs altogether in 2022 and 2019, those other years for your senior wrestlers they have not made it out of the first round, the latest any of them have played was Nov 5th, so yeah maybe your best wrestlers have played football but they also get out pretty early to get back to wrestling

5 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

You and @Humoristneed to go to the football message boards. You finally shut up about “Cleveland this and that” and then talk about football instead of wrestling. I don’t give a crap about Cleveland or Buford’s football programs.

Because you got your facts wrong. I keep telling you to do your homework and study the history of your school before commenting. But then again it’s like someone opening a book in the middle and trying to understand. That’s the problem with some of the parents.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Humorist said:

Because you got your facts wrong. I keep telling you to do your homework and study the history of your school before commenting. But then again it’s like someone opening a book in the middle and trying to understand. That’s the problem with some of the parents.

This is why Cleveland is the bad guy. Not because of josh or joey, because of parents like this who think cleveland is the greatest in everything ever. 

Like we said, the arrogance of the parents is nauseating. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1