D1 AA Duals Predictions

Bump11

2 hours ago, CaptainGuru said:

Do not say bloody mary or candy man three times or you know what happens. Also you forgot about Beetlejuice. If you say Beetlejuice three times he will appear as well. Have you seen the part where Beetlejuice head gets shrunk? They are coming out with a new Beetlejuice movie too. Are they coming out with a new Candyman movie too? That one was a scary one.  I can't wait to see the state duals. Cleveland Raiders have an awesome team. Summit Spartans do as well but Cleveland Raiders are ranked number 1 in the state. I still do not think Summit Spartans will actually get mercy ruled in the match. Summit Spartans are too good to let it happen. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

What do you consider mercy rule? I’ve been around wrestling for 15 years and have never seen that before. 

49 minutes ago, desselle said:

What do you consider mercy rule? I’ve been around wrestling for 15 years and have never seen that before. 

If Summit Spartans beat someone by 25-30 total points that team is mercy ruled. It is the same if Cleveland Raiders do it to Summit Spartans. I do not think Summit Spartans will allow it though. Summit Spartans are just too good to let it happen. Summit Spartans have some state champion wrestlers on the squad that will help keep the team from getting mercy ruled because some of them will pin some of the Cleveland Raiders wrestlers. It will happen. Watch and see. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

2 hours ago, desselle said:

seems like a point thing...

dec is win by 7 or less -> team is "ruled" if they lose by 24 or less

maj dec is 8-14 -> team is "mercy ruled" if they lose in the 25-30 range

tech fall is 15 or more -> team is "no quarter'd" if they lose by 31 or more 

Edited by StarRaider

1 hour ago, StarRaider said:

Thank you StarRaider. Cleveland Raiders have mercy ruled a lot of teams. Summit Spartans have also mercy ruled a lot of teams. I do not think Summit Spartans will let Cleveland Raiders mercy rule them though. Summit Spartans are too good to let it happen. Watch and see. Cleveland Raiders will probably just rule them. Cleveland Raiders will probably not mercy rule Summit Spartans. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

On 1/31/2024 at 2:01 PM, CaptainGuru said:

If one of these teams beat the other one bad enough it is still considered a mercy rule win. Did you see where the Gatlinburg Female Highlanders mercy ruled Eagleton Female Royals almost four times in on game? Gatlinburg Female Highlanders beat Eagleton Female Royals 101-18.  That means they mercy ruled them more than three times in one game. 25 points times 3 is 75 points. 75 points plus 18 points is 93 points. If Gatlinburg Female Highlanders had scored 7 more points they would have mercy ruled Eagleton Female Royals four times in one game. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Basketball is not wrestling. The only place a wrestling mercy rule exists  is in your posts. It does not exist in the federation rules nor the TSSAA guidelines. Stick to wrestling please. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, StarRaider said:

16 hours ago, ScottOsters said:

Basketball is not wrestling. The only place a wrestling mercy rule exists  is in your posts. It does not exist in the federation rules nor the TSSAA guidelines. Stick to wrestling please. 

You can call it whatever you would like but the mercy rule is stated above for a better understanding. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

11 hours ago, dca44 said:

Cleveland sucks.

my name is dca44, and i approve this message

That is not a very smart post. We all know Cleveland Raiders do not suck. Cleveland Raiders and Summit Spartans are the two best teams in the tournament. I guarantee it. It sucks that Cleveland Raiders and Summit Spartans have to play first match. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

20 minutes ago, CaptainGuru said:

You can call it whatever you would like but the mercy rule is stated above for a better understanding. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

We just call it an a** beatin. 

Edited by desselle
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, desselle said:

We just call it an a** beatin. 

Summit Spartans have done a lot of that on the mat the last several years. I guarantee it. I do not think Summit Spartans will get mercy ruled by Cleveland Raiders at duals but it will be hard to beat Cleveland Raiders overall. Cleveland Raiders are too good to let it happen. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

4 hours ago, CaptainGuru said:

That is not a very smart post. We all know Cleveland Raiders do not suck. Cleveland Raiders and Summit Spartans are the two best teams in the tournament. I guarantee it. It sucks that Cleveland Raiders and Summit Spartans have to play first match. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

this is not a very smart post. we all know cleveland sucks. one day soon the world will know. but until then, my name is dca44……..and i approve this message

I didn't want to say it but now that it's over I will. No one was getting Cleveland. No one was getting Soddy.

No one gave Halls much credit or thought.  I know the seeding was crap but they got by DB and a Bradley team that had momentum. I think there was resentment towards them coming from small school.  Many prolific posters on this board dismiss small school wrestlers and programs. I think Halls showed they can compete and I'm glad to see it. IMO Sayne has done more with less than anyone in the state.  No transfers, no big money, all developed in house. Most importantly,  he cares about these kids deeply. 

• Upvote 1