Mcconnell leaves for Westview

On 1/26/2024 at 1:38 PM, CaptainGuru said:

Westview Chargers will be getting a good coach soon. Westview Chargers will be back to mercy ruling their opponents soon enough. When the new coach for Westview Chargers coached Gavin and Montez they mercy ruled a whole lot of teams. Westview Chargers will be good again very soon. It will happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. Does anyone want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

I tried to tell people last week that Westview Chargers were getting a real good coach and they would be mercy ruling a lot of teams very soon. They did not believe me. Now do you believe me? Westview Chargers with Coach Simpson's son will be mercy ruling everyone they play in time. It will happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. I am Captain Guru and I  approve this message.

20 minutes ago, CaptainGuru said:

I tried to tell people last week that Westview Chargers were getting a real good coach and they would be mercy ruling a lot of teams very soon. They did not believe me. Now do you believe me? Westview Chargers with Coach Simpson's son will be mercy ruling everyone they play in time. It will happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. I am Captain Guru and I  approve this message.

If Westview stays in 3A it wont happen, it will be exactly like it was this past year, they will struggle with the top teams (Covington and Dyersburg maybe even Ripley) and beat up on the bottom teams (McNairy, Bolivar, Liberty, Scotts Hill). Then come playoff time IF they are able to push past Covington or Dyersburg a second time, they will have a team like East Nashville waiting for them, then Alcoa. Westview with Ty Simpson (Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior year) in 3A finished 6th, 4th, and 4th in their region. When they dropped to 2A is when they went 14-1 and won the Gold Ball. 

Not saying Westview will not be good, but I just don't see them doing much in 3A, the only chance they will have will be dropping to 2A again and getting a favorable Region as they did in 2021. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SSHawks12 said:

If Westview stays in 3A it wont happen, it will be exactly like it was this past year, they will struggle with the top teams (Covington and Dyersburg maybe even Ripley) and beat up on the bottom teams (McNairy, Bolivar, Liberty, Scotts Hill). Then come playoff time IF they are able to push past Covington or Dyersburg a second time, they will have a team like East Nashville waiting for them, then Alcoa. Westview with Ty Simpson (Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior year) in 3A finished 6th, 4th, and 4th in their region. When they dropped to 2A is when they went 14-1 and won the Gold Ball. 

Not saying Westview will not be good, but I just don't see them doing much in 3A, the only chance they will have will be dropping to 2A again and getting a favorable Region as they did in 2021. 

Absolutely correct top to bottom. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SSHawks12 said:

3A will be harder for Westview Chargers for sure. People did not believe me when I told them Coach Mac was going to be the coach again. I told them it would happen and it did. Westview Chargers have a better coach than the last one. They will be good again. It will happen. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

34 minutes ago, SSHawks12 said:

Well what are we talking about? This next season or perhaps 3 seasons from now. Normally I'd agree with everything you said but there's 2 things I can't get over. 1. Imo Westviews program is in a better place now than when ty got into high school and 2. I don't normally cite jr high records or performances but when a small town team like Westview is going toe to toe with teams like MBA, it's kinda hard to ignore. Do I think Westview will beat Alcoa in the next 4 years? Negative. But in this day and age talent seems to find a way to come together whether it's the pros or high school. I wouldn't doubt if there's kids who will come there just to be on the team and in film with graham. I honestly could see them making it to Chattanooga or wherever it'll be by the time little Simpson is a senior. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Well what are we talking about? This next season or perhaps 3 seasons from now. Normally I'd agree with everything you said but there's 2 things I can't get over. 1. Imo Westviews program is in a better place now than when ty got into high school and 2. I don't normally cite jr high records or performances but when a small town team like Westview is going toe to toe with teams like MBA, it's kinda hard to ignore. Do I think Westview will beat Alcoa in the next 4 years? Negative. But in this day and age talent seems to find a way to come together whether it's the pros or high school. I wouldn't doubt if there's kids who will come there just to be on the team and in film with graham. I honestly could see them making it to Chattanooga or wherever it'll be by the time little Simpson is a senior. 

Well, on that second part, Going toe to toe with MBA this year lasted all of about 5 minutes. After dismantling Dyer County MS to get to the finals, MBA completely dominated MMS that game to win by 40-ish? But I do agree with Westviews overall program being in a better place now than his first tour. Lots of excitement around the new coaches and thats good for kids. 

Where does this leave Camden? They have rather nice facilities, they are a larger program, etc. Just conversation piece here, but why can't they attract a coach that can take the program to where they legit challenge their neighbors on a Friday night: Huntingdon, McKenzie or the like? Beating Bruceton is just not as impressive as it once was. Money doesn't seem to be a problem, just asking? It seems Martin is gonna have a parade and chalk off an annual McConnell Day holiday on the calendar because of the hire. Why can't Camden do this? 

7 hours ago, CaptainGuru said:

:roflol::roflolk: