Mcconnell leaves for Westview

2 hours ago, Beagle said:

Can't do this? Camden  Hired McConnell away from WV 4 years ago.. He has been a disappointment since season 1. Some of it was covid some of it was self-inflicted but in truth if we get Coach Wolfe it is a huge step in the right direction.  

Camden could be a sleeping giant with the right coach , it’s insane the amount of players you see on the sidelines every single year and yet it doesn’t produce anything, the town support is huge… nice facilities, new field FINALLY lol … Mcconnell was supposed to be that and it wasn’t that long ago when I was playing when Camden VS Huntingdon was a huge rivalry , we couldn’t stand Camden . 

14 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

You called it.  Congratulations to the Westview Chargers on landing a darn good football coach.  

The Westview Charger and Camden Lions fans just would not listen. I tried explaining to them what was going to happen to to Westview Chargers and Camden Lions last week. It happened exactly that way. I guarantee it. Look and see what happened. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

19 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

:roflol::roflolk:

You knew it would happen too vandyfan1. I guarantee it. You did not even have to watch and see. It happened just like I tried to tell them it would happen. I told them to watch and see and that I guaranteed it. Westview Chargers will be real good again and be able to mercy rule more teams. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

13 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Just the fact that Westview hired a coach that lost 71-50 to Waverly, gave up 31 to 1-9 Bruceton (Bruceton only scored 30+ just twice last year), 62-25 to Milan, 55-14 to Riverside 72-41 to Milan, 61-13 to Huntingdon, and 47-14 to Adamsville is surprising. 

Camden's probably happy to pay for the real estate fees.

Little Simpson can pad his stats and throw for all the passing yards he wants to. It's not going to matter.

First off Camden hasn't had the athletes on the football team to compete in that region. Most of those kids play baseball and basketball it's been that way for a while now. So, it's gonna be extremely hard for anyone to win there consistently. Matt is a fantastic offensive minded coach and will put up a ton of points with the athletes we currently have. We return 8 Starters on defense next year and we Avg giving up just 17 points a game this year. Coach Callins will have the Defense ready again next year. It's gonna be a real fun to watch if you're a Westview fan. Not so fun for the competition!

18 minutes ago, SpottedGoat said:

Still think it's funny there is more talk about all this on the 1A/2A page than the 3/4 as everybody knows this is where they'll be next re-align to get away from the bigger dogs. We've seen this show before.

I agree, but don't really understand how a town the size of Martin has roughly the same amount of kids as Scotts Hill... closest traffic light is 13 miles away...1 cafe', 1 grocery, two gas stations, two post offices, three banks, and a lot of corn and soybeans. Worse than that, if our building were bigger we could probably have 600 to 700 students instead of turning some away from lack of room, and Westview can't maintain a student population close to what they had 20 years ago?

Edited by tradertwo

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

I agree, but don't really understand how a town the size of Martin has roughly the same amount of kids as Scotts Hill... closest traffic light is 13 miles away...1 cafe', 1 grocery, two gas stations, two post offices, three banks, and a lot of corn and soybeans. Worse than that, if our building were bigger we could probably have 600 to 700 students instead of turning some away from lack of room, and Westview can't maintain a student population close to what they had 20 years ago?

Union City being in 1A is more questionable.. i’m sure Peabody and Huntingdon drop back to 1A as well . The numbers game has always been a joke , fixed to meet the needs of tssaa

18 minutes ago, west10EZ said:

Union City being in 1A is more questionable.. i’m sure Peabody and Huntingdon drop back to 1A as well . The numbers game has always been a joke , fixed to meet the needs of tssaa

Exactly what I was thinking while reading that except the drop to 1A does not ease the pain like 3 down to 2. Elite 1A teams can play in the 2A league right to the top. '16 Dresden '22 McKenzie, & that '19 or so Lake County team could have won gold in 2A as well. It don't work that way in 3A

There are several entire 1A Regions wouldn't have what Union City has within it's boundaries. But it is what it is. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, SpottedGoat said:

Exactly what I was thinking while reading that except the drop to 1A does not ease the pain like 3 down to 2. Elite 1A teams can play in the 2A league right to the top. '16 Dresden '22 McKenzie, & that '19 or so Lake County team could have won gold in 2A as well. It don't work that way in 3A

There are several entire 1A Regions wouldn't have what Union City has within it's boundaries. But it is what it is. 

I’m a Huntingdon alum, Huntingdon should never go back to 1A again BUT we know how that works . Peabody either , and i’m going to add Mckenzie as well, if your school has a multi million indoor facility you don’t belong in 1A. If your town has a Lowe’s and Walmart, should not be in 1A .. with the exception of Humboldt,  I actually believe there dwindling numbers lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

All true & Martin hasn't lost anything such as a major (to them) factory closing. UTM Online learning has probably put a dent into the actual student population that lives in Martin. Some of those that are classified as "permanent" are counted/not counted as city  population. Not sure how all that transpires but sure to play a card in there somewhere. 

Edited by SpottedGoat

3 hours ago, SpottedGoat said:

Still think it's funny there is more talk about all this on the 1A/2A page than the 3/4 as everybody knows this is where they'll be next re-align to get away from the bigger dogs. We've seen this show before.

Bigger Dogs? LOL. Westview almost beat Dyersburg last year in playoffs with mostly freshmen and sophomores starting. Dyersburg had like 19 seniors. Westview will be the Standard for this Region for several years to come. We are not moving back to 2A. The 7th, 8th, and 9th grade classes are way too big. We will move to 4A before we go back to 2A. 

19 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Just the fact that Westview hired a coach that lost 71-50 to Waverly, gave up 31 to 1-9 Bruceton (Bruceton only scored 30+ just twice last year), 62-25 to Milan, 55-14 to Riverside 72-41 to Milan, 61-13 to Huntingdon, and 47-14 to Adamsville is surprising. 

Camden's probably happy to pay for the real estate fees.

Little Simpson can pad his stats and throw for all the passing yards he wants to. It's not going to matter.

One of the most knowledgeable football guys I have ever known said "well they are exciting to watch" lol   losing while scoring 50 sucks worse than a blow out IMHO but then again we would score 50 and still get blown out.   Simpson will thrive no doubt. Hope the DC gets time to practice.