Lexington Football

On 1/31/2024 at 10:20 AM, SSHawks12 said:

I know this one is recent, just wanting to start the thread and see if there are any front runners for the spot?

Lexington Tigers need to get a good coach soon. If Lexington Tigers wait too long to find a coach they will get mercy ruled a whole lot of times in 2024. It will happen. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, FtBallTimeInTN said:

Any rumors coming out of Big Red Country? 

Dozens of them... none are accurate though. Interviews were completed and an offer was made but turned down. Seems someone else made him an offer that he couldn't refuse at the 11'th hour. Committee is working toward reaching an agreement with another HC that showed interest early on but pulled back...may have to sweeten the pot a bit more.

7 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Dozens of them... none are accurate though. Interviews were completed and an offer was made but turned down. Seems someone else made him an offer that he couldn't refuse at the 11'th hour. Committee is working toward reaching an agreement with another HC that showed interest early on but pulled back...may have to sweeten the pot a bit more.

Lexington is a sweet gig, however,  it's not often you get the chance to work with a Legend. Any hints as to who this coach is? Need some morsels to chew on while we wait!   

1 hour ago, FtBallTimeInTN said:

Lexington is a sweet gig, however,  it's not often you get the chance to work with a Legend. Any hints as to who this coach is? Need some morsels to chew on while we wait!   

Sounds as if you already know who and why the last applicant chose to go elsewhere, and it wouldn't be proper for me to disclose the identity of the new prospective coach. Maybe it's just me, but I believe that it would be his prerogative to choose when and to whom he makes the public aware. In the current era of instantaneous information there's no option of meeting with your old team, then making an "official" announcement... as soon as one person knows, everyone will know within minutes, and there's always the "I don't want my current employer to know" aspect.

Lexington Tigers have been turned down several times already. Lexington Tigers have been turned down by a current head coach from a high profile program that has elected to stay at his program and at least one assistant coach at a high profile program that is likely going to another program. Coach Hollingsworth will get a good coach for the program that means so much to him. I have spoken to Coach Hollingsworth in great length about the search. He is becoming pretty frustrated but he will soon have it announced. I guarantee it. It will happen. Does anyone want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

2 hours ago, FtBallTimeInTN said:

Coach Hollingsworth will tell you if you ask him. He told me who it was but then again I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

23 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Sounds as if you already know who and why the last applicant chose to go elsewhere, and it wouldn't be proper for me to disclose the identity of the new prospective coach. Maybe it's just me, but I believe that it would be his prerogative to choose when and to whom he makes the public aware. In the current era of instantaneous information there's no option of meeting with your old team, then making an "official" announcement... as soon as one person knows, everyone will know within minutes, and there's always the "I don't want my current employer to know" aspect.

As you said, word travels fast these days. I understand the need for discretion, it's just no news makes for a slow day. 

23 hours ago, CaptainGuru said:

Lexington Tigers have been turned down several times already. Lexington Tigers have been turned down by a current head coach from a high profile program that has elected to stay at his program and at least one assistant coach at a high profile program that is likely going to another program. Coach Hollingsworth will get a good coach for the program that means so much to him. I have spoken to Coach Hollingsworth in great length about the search. He is becoming pretty frustrated but he will soon have it announced. I guarantee it. It will happen. Does anyone want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Most admins hate coaching searches, that's why it's important to do it right. I'm sure many qualified individuals are chomping at the bits for the opportunity to take over. 

6 hours ago, FtBallTimeInTN said:

As you said, word travels fast these days. I understand the need for discretion, it's just no news makes for a slow day. 

Most admins hate coaching searches, that's why it's important to do it right. I'm sure many qualified individuals are chomping at the bits for the opportunity to take over. 

Pay no attention to that nut, he doesn't know what's going on and I guarantee it... does anyone want to bet me? He'll probably respond with some of his usual garbage, but I won't see it because I blocked his silly mess about 3 months ago, and I guarantee you that I did.

Not trying to play the blame game at all, but when you have a pool of really good applicants you get on the stick and nail down your guy, or mess around and let folks get nervous. If option #1 isn't doable you get to #2 and get it done. This could have been over already if the details didn't matter and the main focus was just getting the best guy that you can afford.