Cleveland success….

TheTreyB

Just now, CdotRoller said:

You keep singing the same song. 
So in your mind what happened 25 years ago somehow has relevance to kids today?  Kids 5 years ago?

Yes the Jones Center is still here…we are fully aware of that, and wholeheartedly appreciate it.  But that funding isn’t why Cleveland has success now.  One can appreciate the guys that got the ball rolling and still express gratitude for the current regime taking it to another level. 

I don’t think anyone has disagreed with you on how it all started, the issue comes when you’re not giving credit for the hard work and dedication the current coaches and wrestlers have given to get the program to its current level.  You guys have consistently undersold our coaches, our wrestlers, and all their hard work and scratch it up to the money. 

first it wasn't 25 years ago since you are not reading anything I said! Josh went in 2006 to Allan Jones and got a big check written to start the program and to give it the footing to catch Bradley Central! That was said by both Jones and Josh themselves. Jones had a 6 year plan to get their club to be the best anywhere around and in turn knowing that it would help to make their High school team the best program. So with that money they were able to pay kids club coaches good money(which is great, they should since they spend a good bit of time in the wrestling room) however it was almost unheard of that kids club coaches were getting paid like HCWC coaches were! Heck some high school coaches were doing it for the stipend of like 2k for an entire season! So again, yes 20 years or 18 years back does matter, because their success didn't start overnight and it is what it is today because of hard work and GREAT coaching, HOWEVER without that original seed money it might not have ever taken off like it has! That is the exact point most all of us are trying to make!

First, do you believe tomorrow that if Josh is offered 200k a year to coach a kids club somewhere else in the US he wouldn't take that in a heartbeat? Unless it was pretty much matched he's taking the money and starting another kids club where he is paid, that is what happened here, its easy to keep the great coaches when they can either make money for their time here or go somewhere else where it's all volunteer! I did that volunteer stuff at 2 different schools in 2 different states, it's a lot of work to go and spend that time working with kids and not get a dime and all of your paycheck ends up being gone when spent driving to and from the mats all the time, you know how much its cost you to make that drive back and forth, but you are doing it for your son's betterment! 

3 minutes ago, CdotRoller said:

No. My son hasn’t got a penny. 

So what’s easier?

reading comprehension really is a tough subject for you isnt it?

i want you to go through all of my posts, and yours, every time you say your son doesnt get money (and its been a lot) ive said the same thing....go back and read them. 

5 minutes ago, CdotRoller said:

No. My son hasn’t got a penny. 

So what’s easier?

I followed this thread and not one person has said Cleveland wrestlers are personally getting money but you keep saying that. Nobody has a clue what you are talking about bc nobody said that.

Edited by FR615

6 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

No we haven't? MULTIPLE times we have said the kids work hard, the families work hard, the coahcing staff is TOP NOTCH. 

But when we say that you getting more money than any other program makes these things easier you lose your mind..over and over and over again. 

So how does the funding make it easier for my son?

You can’t just throw out these ambiguous blanket statements and show no proof. 

How is it easier on my son?

8 minutes ago, CdotRoller said:

No. They don’t owe him anything. 
He’ll earn everything he gets. 

He considers it a privilege to wear the red and blue and to scrap with his teammates. 

yet they still gave him a scholarship when the school he goes to is free and the same school his dad went to and wrestled at! 

Just now, CdotRoller said:

So how does the funding make it easier for my son?

You can’t just throw out these ambiguous blanket statements and show no proof. 

How is it easier on my son?

Funding provides better coaches, better facilities etc

Go to a school with a brand new program, no money and no facilities. Then come back and tell me which he has the better chance at succeeding at....

Not one single time did ANYBODY say kids were being paid. Seriously, stop saying that. Its making you look dumber than you already look. 

9 minutes ago, Humorist said:

Once again you stir the pot like no other. You seriously have some narcissistic behavior. 
And yeah I’ll start slinging if you want me to? And your the one that made it to the egg? I bet you were outside of it head scratching and got bumped into it. Just shut up and go on. Everyone is tired of your banter. Please go on somewhere little man. 

Easy to just skip my threads, right?

9 minutes ago, Humorist said:

Nobody was trying to join. I was simply bringing my son to get him ready. But obviously he doesn’t want to wrestle anymore. Before you bash on him might wanna hold that tongue. 

When did I bash him? I’ll wait

1 minute ago, FR615 said:

I followed this thread and not one person has said Cleveland wrestlers are personally getting money but you keep saying that. 

He Made a 28 page thread “ Cleveland Recruits”

So what do you suppose that was meant to say?  

Yall keep bringing up funding…that’s money correct?

He keeps saying funding makes it easier, correct?

How so? 

The obvious answer would be the funding helps bring in and pays for kids, right? Hence the Cleveland recruits thread. 

I can’t ask for anyone else…so I’m asking for my son specifically, how has the funding helped or made it easier for him?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

Is that the year the Fowlers left Blackman for Cleveland??

Did he pay Blackman for them to leave?? That sounds like recruiting to me...

If we recruit…. Why would we not go after Natalie at Bradley by far the best girls wrestler they have. Hands down. She is too good to be stuck on that team. That is the only one we would go after if we recruit.