Cleveland success….

TheTreyB

Just now, FR615 said:

That’s great and wish him well. I think it’s good for Tennessee wrestling Cleveland continues to build a great program. I was simply arguing they are hands down the most well funded program.

im not saying we aren't....im just waiting on data from all the other clubs to make sure we are...at that point I will admit the funding helps if in fact we are the highest in the state. 

1 hour ago, Humorist said:

Yup…Allan gave $10million for it to be built. If you have ever been in the Jones and looked up and noticed the double doors? With no stairs? That was supposed to be a lounge area for the guys. But “we” ran out of money to finish it. Also, several days before the grand opening of it one of our guys not gonna mention names decided to be stupid and broke his leg. He was climbing the rope and got to the top and one of his teammates told him to let go and touch the rafter with both hands. Well… he did and plummeted to the ground. Ask Pete about that one. Haha. But yeah it’s starting to show some age. Cleveland has been blessed with all of this. 

Stop. It was nowhere CLOSE to $10 million. Try $2 million.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

I can call many people on here morons, because as FR said above if you cannot see that money has helped get them to where they are now, there really is no hope for you all! 

As far as your reading comprehension, I never said a word about your son getting money! I said before after you said he never got money maybe you should ask since Eli Lane did, which you said again my son never received money! Which again HAS NEVER BEEN SAID! So again, you have been respectful, but when I have made a mistake on here with anything I have said I will call my own self out for it, just like I gave info before on tax returns and was jumping everywhere, was finally able to get a site that gave me everything for years in which I posted the amounts. So I didn't get mad and come back at you for literally saying something I have and never will say about your son, however I will quickly correct you when you don't actually read and yeah there are plenty of dumb morons of Cleveland fans on here, thankfully being good at wrestling doesn't take a bunch of brain power because if so I'm not sure any amount of money would be helping up there! 

You said I should ask for money…

go back and re-read, and I stated we do not want money, he loves wrestling for the red and blue. 

The reason I keep specifically asking about my son getting money, is 100% about my son…I can’t speak for anyone else(although I know the answer).  How has the funding directly impacted him…that building hasn’t made him better, but that room has.  That building didn’t attract us to Cleveland, the coaches and partners did. Good kids bring more good kids. 

You guys seem to be under the impression money has made these kids what they are, and I’ll never agree to that.  I invite you to a practice, stick your head in the room and see how hard these kids work and the skill level these kids are at. I mean many of our MS age wrestlers are National caliber kids, All-Americans left and right, they are reaping the fruits of their labor, plain and simple.  And they are only at that level because of how good the room is and how outstanding our coaches are. I hope the funding is taking care of our coaches!  They deserve every penny. 

Edited by CdotRoller
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CdotRoller said:

You guys seem to be under the impression money has made these kids what they are, and I’ll never agree to that.  

Wrong. We’re saying money contributed. Money paid for the best facilities. Money paid for the best coaches.

All we want is for you guys to acknowledge you get more of it and it contributes to your continued success.

8 minutes ago, BOUNCE said:

mine is gone from HCWC....does that mean I should know all the kids there?  nah man I got better things to do than keep up with who's there and who's not!!!   But I assure you I OWE a debt to HCWC that I can NEVER repay!!!  Mine had success and will prosper from his time there.  

Good for you, so you are talking about something you have no idea about, good to know! 
https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/search?sort=-recent_annual_revenue&state[]=TN&q=Wrestling+club&submit=Apply

22 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

I don't think any of us have said money was the only reason that HCWC and in turn Cleveland High is the juggernaut that they are because of only funding!

LIke I commented on, it was inferred.  go back and re-read almost anything posted by ummmno, he kept referring to the money being an advantage, or words to that effect.  I commented on why he was getting push back and I would say pretty much the same about your general comments as well.  I think Steve Henry was pretty much top of the heap for many years and besides having that round gym available, he and his team were something to fear for most teams.  I do not know his funding situation, but let us agree it is not like Cleveland's, yet he still made it happen.  How is that possible (this is a rhetorical question)?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

Wrong. We’re saying money contributed. Money paid for the best facilities. Money paid for the best coaches.

All we want is for you guys to acknowledge you get more of it and it contributes to your continued success.

The facilities are low on the list. 

Both my boys wrestled in a cracker box with a ton of success before we ever stepped foot in Cleveland.  So I know regardless of how nice or how run down a facility is, my boys can have success. 

Did you look up Lakeway 2020? First year wrestling  two kids placed at Prep. (Only had 3 Wrestlers)

Lakeway 2021 two state champs 

Lakeway 2022 three state champs, State Duals Champs DII A-AA 3 Wrestlers to D1 programs

You are talking about stuff you don’t know 

5 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Good for you, so you are talking about something you have no idea about, good to know! 
https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/search?sort=-recent_annual_revenue&state[]=TN&q=Wrestling+club&submit=Apply

I promise I know way more about things than you do…you sir are a f/n poor soul with nothing to do but hate.  
And I’m still waiting on the data from all the other clubs in the state so I can tell you weather the funding is the reason we are good!  Waiting…do your job, prove yourself right!!  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, texas23 said:

LIke I commented on, it was inferred.  go back and re-read almost anything posted by ummmno, he kept referring to the money being an advantage, or words to that effect.  I commented on why he was getting push back and I would say pretty much the same about your general comments as well.  I think Steve Henry was pretty much top of the heap for many years and besides having that round gym available, he and his team were something to fear for most teams.  I do not know his funding situation, but let us agree it is not like Cleveland's, yet he still made it happen.  How is that possible (this is a rhetorical question)?

I’ve only said it is an advantage. 

and it is.

6 minutes ago, texas23 said:

100%

He’s definitely said it