Cleveland success….

TheTreyB

I was told that Top 100's is not allowed to be hosted at a school, but it is obvious that rules are bent for some to host it.

Honestly the fact that there is not a Top 100 in the Nashville is crazy. It would definitely pull more states in being that people enjoy coming to Nashville and also it truly is in Middle Tennesse which is one section of the Medal Series. 

55 minutes ago, CoachCTaylor said:

I was told that Top 100's is not allowed to be hosted at a school, but it is obvious that rules are bent for some to host it.

Honestly the fact that there is not a Top 100 in the Nashville is crazy. It would definitely pull more states in being that people enjoy coming to Nashville and also it truly is in Middle Tennesse which is one section of the Medal Series. 

I agree 100% for Nashville. The Memphis top 100 needs to go away. Same kids from east Tn and Nashville area. Doesn’t add anymore wrestlers going to Memphis. Crime rate is not worth it out there. To many break ins and stolen vehicles. Will not be going back. Move it to Nashville instead 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheTreyB said:

I agree 100% for Nashville. The Memphis top 100 needs to go away. Same kids from east Tn and Nashville area. Doesn’t add anymore wrestlers going to Memphis. Crime rate is not worth it out there. To many break ins and stolen vehicles. Will not be going back. Move it to Nashville instead 

We were at CBHS duals during the top 100 in Memphis. Didn’t look like a very big turn out. Almost like a local tournament. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, desselle said:

We were at CBHS duals during the top 100 in Memphis. Didn’t look like a very big turn out. Almost like a local tournament. 

Yeah we went to Tulsa. Only a few of our club kids went. Said that was probably their last. IMO it’s not worth the threat of getting broken into. 

7 minutes ago, TheTreyB said:

Yeah we went to Tulsa. Only a few of our club kids went. Said that was probably their last. IMO it’s not worth the threat of getting broken into. 

From what I understand West don’t travel East and vice versa. If I have to travel 5-6 hours for a tournament I’m driving a couple more hours to a tournament like Tulsa, Indy Nationals, bigger tournaments. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, desselle said:

From what I understand West don’t travel East and vice versa. If I have to travel 5-6 hours for a tournament I’m driving a couple more hours to a tournament like Tulsa, Indy Nationals, bigger tournaments. 

Exactly. We drive from Cleveland to Memphis every year until this year. Even if Tulsa wasn’t the same time we would have skipped it. And not because we are afraid of competition it’s more of where it is 

6 hours ago, TheTreyB said:

We aren’t going to drive across the state when it isn’t reciprocated. From what I hear the Memphis venue was nice, BUT where were all the Memphis folks in December in Gatlinburg? 

• Upvote 2

Instead of a Top 100 in Nashville they have the Music City Nationals to try to draw in out of state kids. From what I have notice it tends to draw a little more than Gatlinburg or Cleveland Top 100. In my opinion AAU in the state of Tennessee is a giant money scheme. I am not talking about the clubs I am talking about the people in charge of the tournaments. If your kid gets good enough they earn the right to wrestle the same exact kids at every tournament. And if they don't get good people just make new profiles so they can keep putting them in the "beginner" tournaments. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dontstopbelieving said:

Instead of a Top 100 in Nashville they have the Music City Nationals to try to draw in out of state kids. From what I have notice it tends to draw a little more than Gatlinburg or Cleveland Top 100. In my opinion AAU in the state of Tennessee is a giant money scheme. I am not talking about the clubs I am talking about the people in charge of the tournaments. If your kid gets good enough they earn the right to wrestle the same exact kids at every tournament. And if they don't get good people just make new profiles so they can keep putting them in the "beginner" tournaments. 

It’s not about the venue in Memphis. It’s Memphis period. It doesn’t add any new wrestlers to the tourney as well. So why travel all the way out there for the same kids? Until everyone stops going and their numbers plummet they will continue to give it to them. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CoachCTaylor said:

Not sure rules are "bent"

Cleveland puts on a great tournament, and facilities are accommodating to needs.

Nashville would be a great location, and if a High School was big enough to support the needs, I am confident it would be considered.

Which school has a facility that could hold 8 mats, and have the support to run it efficiently?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rasslinking said:

Not sure rules are "bent"

Cleveland puts on a great tournament, and facilities are accommodating to needs.

Nashville would be a great location, and if a High School was big enough to support the needs, I am confident it would be considered.

Which school has a facility that could hold 8 mats, and have the support to run it efficiently?

I know most could get 6 maybe 7. 8 is pushing it.