Lake County head coaching job open?

Don't know or guess it would affect his present job at the moment but I'd be willing to bet it's Ronnie Lanier who has been in LC many years.Lots of talent coming up from middle school next few years ,including his son.So he knows all these kids and has house here so pretty sure he's not going to leave ,even if successful.

2 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Don't know or guess it would affect his present job at the moment but I'd be willing to bet it's Ronnie Lanier who has been in LC many years.Lots of talent coming up from middle school next few years ,including his son.So he knows all these kids and has house here so pretty sure he's not going to leave ,even if successful.

Yea the list isn’t really that impressive, so keeping it in house makes a lot of sense .. especially if he has history there 

3 hours ago, truefalconfan said:

Ok folks here are the 5 candidates being interviewed for the lake Co head coaching job. Current LC assistant hunter short, current lake County middle school coach Ronnie Lanier, Ripley coach Justin Cruise, Cole Clanton current coach at Union City and an unnamed assistant from Trinity Christian Academy in Jackson. What's everyone's thoughts? Chime in!

I don’t know if coaches would appreciate their name getting out. I do appreciate your fandom!

3 hours ago, truefalconfan said:

Ok folks here are the 5 candidates being interviewed for the lake Co head coaching job. Current LC assistant hunter short, current lake County middle school coach Ronnie Lanier, Ripley coach Justin Cruise, Cole Clanton current coach at Union City and an unnamed assistant from Trinity Christian Academy in Jackson. What's everyone's thoughts? Chime in!

SMH... hope that everyone is cool with their names being made public.

15 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

15 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I’m going to be play devil’s advocate here … stuff comes out in the media sports world every day on ESPN that coaches don’t want out but they deal with it because it’s a business . It’s not any different in high school even if it’s small town stuff . Most coaches want their name out so they can look wanted and get raises or some kind of support in the building or district. This isn’t anything new and I appreciate the transparency. 

Just now, west10EZ said:

I’m going to be play devil’s advocate here … stuff comes out in the media sports world every day on ESPN that coaches don’t want out but they deal with it because it’s a business . It’s not any different in high school even if it’s small town stuff . Most coaches want their name out so they can look wanted and get raises or some kind of support in the building or district. This isn’t anything new and I appreciate the transparency. 

Someone gets it! It's all a game

• Like 1

1 minute ago, west10EZ said:

Transparency is the key word, I just mentioned that in my previous post.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, west10EZ said:

Just a difference in perspective. It's not a question of "who knows" for me, it's the viewpoint that I'm not entitled to display other folks' business on social media, or to make their private affairs public without their consent. Should be their choice, but hey, that's just my own opinion... you are as entitled to yours as I am to mine.

2 minutes ago, truefalconfan said:

Private affairs in relation to a public school coaching job? When did it become the rule to request a consent disclosure for a public school coaching candidate? Any candidate that applies should'nt have a reasonable expectation of privacy not only in my opinion but state law reaffirms that. Especially when a private citizen has applied for a public job,

No need to be semi hostile about it, I said that it was just my opinion and that you were as entitled to yours as I am to mine. It's not a secret, and most all the information will be out there sooner or later, but as I said already... I don't feel entitled to tell everything that I know in order to stroke my ego or appear as if I'm in the know. As far as I know, when a public school hires an employee it's considered to be open to public domain, and everyone has the right to know... that's not my point. My opinion is not concerning the right of people to know who is involved, it's more to do with respecting other's right to decide how and when they make it known.

Example

Lexington hires Derek Carr to become the next HC of the Tigers. The deal is done hours before Milan and McKenzie scrimmage, but everyone involved respects Coach Carr's right to decide when and where to tell his team that he's leaving. The two teams scrimmage, then Carr gathers his team and reads a very well composed speech thanking the kids, parents, and administration at Milan. Classy move on his part, but what if (hypothetically) I'm privy to this deal and decide that it makes me look like a big shot if I beat everyone to the punch and break the news on coachT?

19 minutes ago, truefalconfan said:

Private affairs in relation to a public school coaching job? When did it become the rule to request a consent disclosure for a public school coaching candidate? Any candidate that applies should'nt have a reasonable expectation of privacy not only in my opinion but state law reaffirms that. Especially when a private citizen has applied for a public job,

Yeah not cool. This could prohibit future candidates from expressing interest if they know their name is gonna get leaked. Really bad form, public job or not. But pretty typical really for LC

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

No need to be semi hostile about it, I said that it was just my opinion and that you were as entitled to yours as I am to mine. It's not a secret, and most all the information will be out there sooner or later, but as I said already... I don't feel entitled to tell everything that I know in order to stroke my ego or appear as if I'm in the know. As far as I know, when a public school hires an employee it's considered to be open to public domain, and everyone has the right to know... that's not my point. My opinion is not concerning the right of people to know who is involved, it's more to do with respecting other's right to decide how and when they make it known.

Example

Lexington hires Derek Carr to become the next HC of the Tigers. The deal is done hours before Milan and McKenzie scrimmage, but everyone involved respects Coach Carr's right to decide when and where to tell his team that he's leaving. The two teams scrimmage, then Carr gathers his team and reads a very well composed speech thanking the kids, parents, and administration at Milan. Classy move on his part, but what if (hypothetically) I'm privy to this deal and decide that it makes me look like a big shot if I beat everyone to the punch and break the news on coachT?

It’s not about stroking ego or letting people know who are in the know … the man isn’t being hostile at all … he’s just being transparent for a program he truly cares about. You can agree to disagree with our view points, but the sports world hasn’t really changed ever and it’s not going to change in your favor or viewpoint in the future because it’s the current world we live in today … look at NIL , NFL combine , recruiting etc …it’s not anything new that people are in it for themselves… leave your relationships and feelings out of your know . We can argue it’s actually the stroking of YOUR ego to not report what we know … you are clearly someone who knows quite a bit , and everyone respects that from you from what i’ve seen…maybe some people know who you are and you don’t want to attach your name to it, but the majority of the public wants to know and deserves to know and that separates the weak from the strong . I’ve reported mid season Coach Crews of Bruceton has lost the team and that Coach Mcmackins was the front runner … nobody actually cares but the region and county . . because IT MATTERS. Like you said , agree to disagree