Lake County head coaching job open?

1 hour ago, MondaymornQB said:

Yeah not cool. This could prohibit future candidates from expressing interest if they know their name is gonna get leaked. Really bad form, public job or not. But pretty typical really for LC

News flash … THEY DONT CARE LOL

28 minutes ago, west10EZ said:

It’s not about stroking ego or letting people know who are in the know … the man isn’t being hostile at all … he’s just being transparent for a program he truly cares about. You can agree to disagree with our view points, but the sports world hasn’t really changed ever and it’s not going to change in your favor or viewpoint in the future because it’s the current world we live in today … look at NIL , NFL combine , recruiting etc …it’s not anything new that people are in it for themselves… leave your relationships and feelings out of your know . We can argue it’s actually the stroking of YOUR ego to not report what we know … you are clearly someone who knows quite a bit , and everyone respects that from you from what i’ve seen…maybe some people know who you are and you don’t want to attach your name to it, but the majority of the public wants to know and deserves to know and that separates the weak from the strong . I’ve reported mid season Coach Crews of Bruceton has lost the team and that Coach Mcmackins was the front runner … nobody actually cares but the region and county . . because IT MATTERS. Like you said , agree to disagree 

How about this... you do you and I'll do me, and we'll both be fine in thinking we are right. Not that you need it at all, but you have my blessing to believe that my opinion is stupid and self centered if you wish, and by all means if you believe that something needs put out there for public scrutiny, shout it from the rooftops and I'll gladly read it.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

How about this... you do you and I'll do me, and we'll both be fine in thinking we are right. Not that you need it at all, but you have my blessing to believe that my opinion is stupid and self centered if you wish, and by all means if you believe that something needs put out there for public scrutiny, shout it from the rooftops and I'll gladly read it.

Absolutely… but just so you know , the biggest difference in you and me is that I don’t think i’m solely right … i’m just merely pointing facts . I never said your opinion is stupid , that’s just your opinion to undermine my opinion because people know who you are …. I can clearly tell you’re older and beyond your years …. times have changed … catch up or retire. 

Edited by west10EZ

41 minutes ago, west10EZ said:

Absolutely… but just so you know , the biggest difference in you and me is that I don’t think i’m solely right … i’m just merely pointing facts . I never said your opinion is stupid , that’s just your opinion to undermine my opinion because people know who you are …. I can clearly tell you’re older and beyond your years …. times have changed … catch up or retire. 

OK, I tried... I didn't say that I'm solely right, or that I'm undermining your opinion, and very few people "know who I am" (not that it matters anyway). LOL... it's time for my Geritol (look it up whipper snapper) and to put my teeth in their cup if I'm gonna get my nap out, so you can put the top back on your bottle and pass out now... nighty night now.

• Upvote 1

Gonna chime in on this one. Names of applicants have absolutely no business on an internet message boards. Seen a lot of stress out on families because of speculation and conjecture. The “need to know” does not supersede 1) a family’s right to private and 2) their wishes for how they want the news getting out. And that doesn’t even scratch the surface of how irresponsible it would be for any employer to share such information. 

25 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Gonna chime in on this one. Names of applicants have absolutely no business on an internet message boards. Seen a lot of stress out on families because of speculation and conjecture. The “need to know” does not supersede 1) a family’s right to private and 2) their wishes for how they want the news getting out. And that doesn’t even scratch the surface of how irresponsible it would be for any employer to share such information. 

You do realize they want their name out more times than not right ? You do realize that reports come out everyday on ESPN from every where around the world about coaches, players, ownerships … high school sports is no different. Once they put in for a job …. they know their name is going to be out there and that comes with the territory and choice they made to apply . We can all agree to disagree I guess but there’s nothing un-ethical about his reporting no matter how you slice it. They are public employees, mostly anyway. 

Edited by west10EZ

16 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Exactly! Even LC should be able to show a little class. There is absolutely no reason for anyone other than committee mEmbers to know the applicants names.

6 hours ago, tradertwo said:

OK, I tried... I didn't say that I'm solely right, or that I'm undermining your opinion, and very few people "know who I am" (not that it matters anyway). LOL... it's time for my Geritol (look it up whipper snapper) and to put my teeth in their cup if I'm gonna get my nap out, so you can put the top back on your bottle and pass out now... nighty night now.

Geritol sounds amazing , may I suggest MEGAMAX brand for your incontinence briefs as well ? I’m kidding  I mean no disrespect… have a good day sir . 

48 minutes ago, west10EZ said:

You do realize they want their name out more times than not right ? You do realize that reports come out everyday on ESPN from every where around the world about coaches, players, ownerships … high school sports is no different. Once they put in for a job …. they know their name is going to be out there and that comes with the territory and choice they made to apply . We can all agree to disagree I guess but there’s nothing un-ethical about his reporting no matter how you slice it. They are public employees, mostly anyway. 

You are comparing the Lake County Football coaching search to ESPN?

And yes, it is highly unethical. 

51 minutes ago, west10EZ said:

They know their name is going to be rumored around Tiptonville, but not expecting to be on a message board of which their current players and fans would probably look at. You're comparing a million dollar business in college football where coaches make millions dollars off rumors (example: Mike Norvell rumored to leave Florida State for Alabama. FSU gave him a well deserved pay raise.)

You're saying "they want their name out more times than not right" is pure speculation. I can't imagine Derek Carr's name to be rumored for the Lexington job on a message board. Thankfully, it appears that Lexington did a good enough job to try to keep that as privately as they could.

There's not a Jimmy Sexton in High School football. Ripley isn't going to give Cruise a pay raise just because he "interviewed" at a 1A school..

• Thanks 1