Cleveland vs McCallie Dual: Who wins at their best?

ohreally15

4 minutes ago, ObseverW said:

I mean it is wrestling and anything can happen, I mean look at Spencer Lee getting pinned by Ramos, but wrestle it 10 times I am taking Carson Gentle 8 of the 10 so not a zero chance, but I think Carson is a better wrestler at this point. Now Russell is only a junior so he has another year while Carson will be up at UT playing football, but at this point Carson is bigger, stronger and more athletic! 

Bigger.... Only by 5-10 lbs (not enough to make a difference at HWT)

Stronger/Athletic- Probably 

Those are logical responses.

1 minute ago, Rasslinking said:

Bigger.... Only by 5-10 lbs (not enough to make a difference at HWT)

Stronger/Athletic- Probably 

Those are logical responses.

Not sure how big Russell is(I'm thinking prob 215-220 watching him) while Carson is at least 245-250, so it would be more than 5-10lbs. Carson has been sent with a weight training program from UT so he can already start to bulk up before showing up during the summer for practice. 

25 minutes ago, Rasslinking said:

Nothing to do with Cleveland

Everything to do with what he said

"but a realization of who Carson is "

"there is zero chance they'd win that one"

ZERO? Thats crazy

Nothing to do with Cleveland but somehow has something to do with my son? Weird.

I'll concede that zero is probably a bit dramatic. Less than 5% chance...in my opinion...if I'm allowed to have one.

14 minutes ago, CarlSpackler88 said:

Nothing to do with Cleveland but somehow has something to do with my son? Weird.

I'll concede that zero is probably a bit dramatic. Less than 5% chance...in my opinion...if I'm allowed to have one.

No...No opinion allowed for you! Now if you had said Tyson Russell would kill Carson and Carson would have no chance against him you would have nary heard a word! Just remember that! 

Just MY OPINION….but anyone on here who thinks Tyson Russel has a 0% or 5% chance of beating Carson, you’ve lost your mind! Carson may beat Tyson but you definitely can’t say there is no chance or you don’t watch enough wrestling. It would be a great match 10/10 times whoever wins the majority. IMO.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ObseverW said:

I mean it is wrestling and anything can happen, I mean look at Spencer Lee getting pinned by Ramos, but wrestle it 10 times I am taking Carson Gentle 8 of the 10 so not a zero chance, but I think Carson is a better wrestler at this point. Now Russell is only a junior so he has another year while Carson will be up at UT playing football, but at this point Carson is bigger, stronger and more athletic! 

This was my whole point. Lol. To say that Tyson Russell, who is a stellar athlete and great wrestler, has ZERO chance of winning that match is crazy. I think my guy wins a close one, but I definitely think the other guy could win as well. It would be a great match. What got me fired up is certain people on here disrespecting Tyson as a warrior by saying he has zero chance in that matchup. Then, to justify it, they applied these crazy standards that judge his ability, but did not apply the same standards to the other two guys. You can’t penalize Tyson for not having a win over a kid FLO ranked and not acknowledge Gentle does not either. You can’t diminish Tyson for placing at Carnahan, Knockout, and Powerade when the other kid has not traveled outside of TN. Who can’t be critical of Tyson for being a state runner-up, and then ignore the fact the other kid placed 3rd in DII. It has nothing to do with Cleveland and everything to do with giving that man the respect of at least acknowledging that he has the ability to beat Gentle, and Davis, and anyone else. Respect is earned, and that young man has earned it with what he has done. He went from being a kid who did not make the state tournament, to a kid who made the state finals, to a kid who placed high at three of the very toughest tournaments in the country. How can people ignore that and say he has ZERO chance? That is disrespect, period. I respect BOTH athletes and made that clear by saying the match could go differently than what I predicted in my pick. It is ridiculous that some other people can’t do that. Good will come out of this, because the disrespect fuels passion and growth. I just hope McCallie has another good heavy next year, because Tyson is going to take it as a personal challenge.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

#1) Gentile is good.

But how in the world is a kid that has NEVER made the State Finals (3rd last year losing to a FC kid) so unbeatable?

A realization of who Carson is?? Ha are you serious?

Whats his best win?

You dont think Tyson has competed against great athletes?

#2) Its crazy how confident a man can become once his son taste "a little" success. You have become quite embarassing on here, knowing who you are. If that dual happens, I have a good idea who they are putting High on. 

@CarlSpackler88 is a good man and Coop is a great kid and a warrior who deserves respect because he has earned it. Mattox High will NOT be “put” on anyone because of disagreement about who would win between two kids. If he earns a spot in the lineup, he will wrestle whoever McCallie sends to the line. He will also humbly respect that kid as a warrior and a wrestler because that is how he has been raised. Carl is entitled to his opinion and he is respectful in giving it, unlike other goofballs on here.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

@CarlSpackler88 is a good man and Coop is a great kid and a warrior who deserves respect because he has earned it. Mattox High will NOT be “put” on anyone because of disagreement about who would win between two kids. If he earns a spot in the lineup, he will wrestle whoever McCallie sends to the line. He will also humbly respect that kid as a warrior and a wrestler because that is how he has been raised. Carl is entitled to his opinion and he is respectful in giving it, unlike other goofballs on here.

Thanks but after re-reading the post, I can definitely see how my comments can be perceived as disrespectful to Tyson. I’m not trying to be at all. He’s turned into something special…just think my guy would win. It’s another reason why we need to see this dual. It’s be a ton of fun

32 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

This was my whole point. Lol. To say that Tyson Russell, who is a stellar athlete and great wrestler, has ZERO chance of winning that match is crazy. I think my guy wins a close one, but I definitely think the other guy could win as well. It would be a great match. What got me fired up is certain people on here disrespecting Tyson as a warrior by saying he has zero chance in that matchup. Then, to justify it, they applied these crazy standards that judge his ability, but did not apply the same standards to the other two guys. You can’t penalize Tyson for not having a win over a kid FLO ranked and not acknowledge Gentle does not either. You can’t diminish Tyson for placing at Carnahan, Knockout, and Powerade when the other kid has not traveled outside of TN. Who can’t be critical of Tyson for being a state runner-up, and then ignore the fact the other kid placed 3rd in DII. It has nothing to do with Cleveland and everything to do with giving that man the respect of at least acknowledging that he has the ability to beat Gentle, and Davis, and anyone else. Respect is earned, and that young man has earned it with what he has done. He went from being a kid who did not make the state tournament, to a kid who made the state finals, to a kid who placed high at three of the very toughest tournaments in the country. How can people ignore that and say he has ZERO chance? That is disrespect, period. I respect BOTH athletes and made that clear by saying the match could go differently than what I predicted in my pick. It is ridiculous that some other people can’t do that. Good will come out of this, because the disrespect fuels passion and growth. I just hope McCallie has another good heavy next year, because Tyson is going to take it as a personal challenge.

You seem a little thin skinned to me, so message boards might not be for you!  Don't think anyone said anything about Russell not being a good wrestler, what some people including me think though, is that I don't think he is the caliber of wrestler that Gentle has become. Also last year's results have no bearing on this year's wrestling or people wouldn't even wrestle the matches!  So maybe not having a chance is a little bit harsh for you, but that is the opinion of me and a few others on this board but I promise it is not everyone's opinion and that is fair. As far as good heavy, they probably will have Cooper up there next year, he is not even close to the caliber of his brother but maybe he grows into a great heavyweight also and becomes as good a football player as Carson is and joins the whole line of amazing heavyweights that TN has put out that ended up as great football players at the next level! 

1 hour ago, ObseverW said:

You seem a little thin skinned to me, so message boards might not be for you!  Don't think anyone said anything about Russell not being a good wrestler, what some people including me think though, is that I don't think he is the caliber of wrestler that Gentle has become. Also last year's results have no bearing on this year's wrestling or people wouldn't even wrestle the matches!  So maybe not having a chance is a little bit harsh for you, but that is the opinion of me and a few others on this board but I promise it is not everyone's opinion and that is fair. As far as good heavy, they probably will have Cooper up there next year, he is not even close to the caliber of his brother but maybe he grows into a great heavyweight also and becomes as good a football player as Carson is and joins the whole line of amazing heavyweights that TN has put out that ended up as great football players at the next level! 

People that know me will tell you I am far from thin skinned. I just have way more loyalty than I do patience.

7 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

People that know me will tell you I am far from thin skinned. I just have way more loyalty than I do patience.

Not good on a message board either, you going to end up with a heart attack as you take this WAY to seriously and you sure don't like opinions that do not agree with yours!