6A Region 2 Final Predictions

My prediction

1. Bearden 

2. Maryville 

3. Bradley Central 

4. Cleveland

5. Farragut 

6. Hardin Valley

There are a lot of important games. Cleveland at Bradley Central, Maryville at Bearden, Bearden at Cleveland, and Maryville at Farragut at the end of the year. There are a lot of games that could change the standings, but I think that will be the end-of-season standings in the district. Maryville at Bearden is a very important game, but stats show that Bearden doesn’t lose at home very often. Now it’s going to be quite the task this year with West, Alcoa, Maryville & Oak Ridge, etc., but I am pretty Bearden biased, so I think the dawgs can beat the rebels. Of course it won’t be easy, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t either. It should definitely be a fun region, and there will definitely be a battle between Cleveland, Bradley Central, Maryville, and Bearden.

And yes, I know Farragut has a lot of young talent coming in, of course, half of that is recruited from other middle schools, but hey, game is game. I can’t hate on it anymore for obvious reasons, but what can I say? I do think they are going to be good in 3 to 4 years, but right now they’re just freshman. I don’t think they’ll do anything.

17 minutes ago, Dawgz4life said:

My prediction

1. Bearden 

2. Maryville 

3. Bradley Central 

4. Cleveland

5. Farragut 

6. Hardin Valley

There are a lot of important games. Cleveland at Bradley Central, Maryville at Bearden, Bearden at Cleveland, and Maryville at Farragut at the end of the year. There are a lot of games that could change the standings, but I think that will be the end-of-season standings in the district. Maryville at Bearden is a very important game, but stats show that Bearden doesn’t lose at home very often. Now it’s going to be quite the task this year with West, Alcoa, Maryville & Oak Ridge, etc., but I am pretty Bearden biased, so I think the dawgs can beat the rebels. Of course it won’t be easy, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t either. It should definitely be a fun region, and there will definitely be a battle between Cleveland, Bradley Central, Maryville, and Bearden.

And yes, I know Farragut has a lot of young talent coming in, of course, half of that is recruited from other middle schools, but hey, game is game. I can’t hate on it anymore for obvious reasons, but what can I say? I do think they are going to be good in 3 to 4 years, but right now they’re just freshman. I don’t think they’ll do anything.

I agree 100% with your order. Farragut can recruit all they want and still only hope to finish 3rd at best and thats if Bradley and Cleveland don't continue to recruit as well. Which I don't see happening HVA will be putrid with the new coach. They will be embarrassing. Maryville might be able to get back on track if they recruit and get pieces around that rising soph QB they have.

1 hour ago, Dawgz4life said:

My prediction

1. Bearden 

2. Maryville 

3. Bradley Central 

4. Cleveland

5. Farragut 

6. Hardin Valley

Rumors are your boss may have a hard time holding it together out at West town. Players and coaches possibly jumping to Central with Lane? And a couple of stud players looking at the private schools. Not to mention the old war horse Eddie Courtney out recruiting Jones at the middle schools this offseason. 

13 minutes ago, Futbolfan2022 said:

Rumors are your boss may have a hard time holding it together out at West town. Players and coaches possibly jumping to Central with Lane? And a couple of stud players looking at the private schools. Not to mention the old war horse Eddie Courtney out recruiting Jones at the middle schools this offseason. 

I was curious who would leave for central player and staff wise. With Lane knowing where the bodies are buried and knowing who is zoned for central I'd say some might come. As far as Courtney goes I think he is trying hard again so he can give his son something to work with.

22 minutes ago, Futbolfan2022 said:

I’ve heard those rumors just like you, but those are just rumors. I can promise you no one on the main coaching staff is leaving and trust me. I’m more worried of schools in Florida than our local private schools, but hey, it could happen but just rumors right now.

Just now, Dawgz4life said:

I’ve heard those rumors just like you, but those are just rumors. I can promise you no one on the main coaching staff is leaving and trust me. I’m more worried of schools in Florida than our local private schools, but hey, it could happen but just rumors right now.

On the main staff? Is there a backup staff? Kids threatening to jump ship and boosters getting tired of constantly being hit up for money, and losing support from higher ups in the building. You all may finish first, or you may end up down there with HVA. High ceiling/ low floor 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I was curious who would leave for central player and staff wise. With Lane knowing where the bodies are buried and knowing who is zoned for central I'd say some might come. As far as Courtney goes I think he is trying hard again so he can give his son something to work with.

Coach Lane is a great guy. Great coach, great with the parents. Great with the staff, great with the players. I wish him nothing but the best at Knoxville Central, if there are players here who don’t feel like they are getting their deserved time. I see no reason why they can’t transfer to Central if you’re a very smart person from Bearden High School and you got offered to go to Stem High School, one of the hardest high schools to get into for at least Knoxville, probably the entire Tennessee state area. Of course you’re going to take it, they have a 100% graduation rate, and over 72% of their students go on to have academic scholarships. Why wouldn’t you take it? No one ever bats an eye when that happens, so when a player goes to another high school for a better chance at going farther with their career or making themselves just better human beings, why in sports does that seem like such a bad thing and so looked down upon?

5 minutes ago, Futbolfan2022 said:

On the main staff? Is there a backup staff? Kids threatening to jump ship and boosters getting tired of constantly being hit up for money, and losing support from higher ups in the building. You all may finish first, or you may end up down there with HVA. High ceiling/ low floor 

What are you talking about? Everybody at Bearden High School is happy for where the football team is going and every athletic team. Nobody is upset, and the booster club is fine, just like it’s been every other year. I wonder where you’re hearing these rumors, and when I say main staff, I mean the varsity staff, there may be a few assistants that may jump ship to go coach at Central. I can’t blame them for the better opportunity, but you’re just rambling at this point; you have no idea what you’re talking about, and it’s kind of funny. :lol:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dawgz4life said:

Coach Lane is a great guy. Great coach, great with the parents. Great with the staff, great with the players. I wish him nothing but the best at Knoxville Central, if there are players here who don’t feel like they are getting their deserved time. I see no reason why they can’t transfer to Central if you’re a very smart person from Bearden High School and you got offered to go to Stem High School, one of the hardest high schools to get into for at least Knoxville, probably the entire Tennessee state area. Of course you’re going to take it, they have a 100% graduation rate, and over 72% of their students go on to have academic scholarships. Why wouldn’t you take it? No one ever bats an eye when that happens, so when a player goes to another high school for a better chance at going farther with their career or making themselves just better human beings, why in sports does that seem like such a bad thing and so looked down upon?

I am with you kids should be able to transfer where ever for whatever reason. No one gets mad when a person changes jobs to better themselves. Sure the grass isn't always greener but sometimes you gotta learn the hard way. In today's HS football landscape you have to recruit your own on top of trying to get others in, if you don't the school next to you will.