6A Region 2 Final Predictions

2 hours ago, ILB1999 said:

"Made him" you mean- he took the job and they offered the job- in violation of the rules and then someone noticed.  

I hadn't heard about this with him.  DId hear about it with some other private training facilities and Bearden though.

TSAA said him being on the coaching staff and running the training program made ann unfair advantage so they made him move on. Is that better?

2 hours ago, ILB1999 said:

"Made him" you mean- he took the job and they offered the job- in violation of the rules and then someone noticed.  

I hadn't heard about this with him.  DId hear about it with some other private training facilities and Bearden though.

I don’t think it’s against the rules to hire someone who runs a training program. A lot of schools have done it, Cleveland etc.. the TSAA just had to pick on Bearden for some reason, every school whom hires a person who runs a training program does it to recruit players from the training program.

16 hours ago, Dawgz4life said:

I don’t think it’s against the rules to hire someone who runs a training program. A lot of schools have done it, Cleveland etc.. the TSAA just had to pick on Bearden for some reason, every school whom hires a person who runs a training program does it to recruit players from the training program.

They just thought his operation was small enough to go unnoticed until it didn't. Don't you think they would hire Smith if it was legal or if they thought they could get away with it? Owning your own facility and training program is different than just working as a trainer at a facility. I assume you're alluding to Gerald Riggs Jr at cleveland. To my knowledge he is not the owner just a trainer but maybe I am wrong.

1 hour ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

They just thought his operation was small enough to go unnoticed until it didn't. Don't you think they would hire Smith if it was legal or if they thought they could get away with it? Owning your own facility and training program is different than just working as a trainer at a facility. I assume you're alluding to Gerald Riggs Jr at cleveland. To my knowledge he is not the owner just a trainer but maybe I am wrong.

Well, still, even if he doesn’t, there's been many other assistant coaches hired in the Knoxville area over the years that run training programs, not just in football and basketball. I have no problem with it, it’s a strategy of the game. What can I say, but the fact that the TSAA got on us about it, but it’s looking like it’s going to let Knoxville Catholic slide, at least as of right now, should speak volumes to everyone in the Tennessee area. There’s something special going on there, and it’s really flying under the radar.

Edited by Dawgz4life

1 hour ago, Dawgz4life said:

Well, still, even if he doesn’t, there's been many other assistant coaches hired in the Knoxville area over the years that run training programs, not just in football and basketball. I have no problem with it, it’s a strategy of the game. What can I say, but the fact that the TSAA got on us about it, but it’s looking like it’s going to let Knoxville Catholic slide, at least as of right now, should speak volumes to everyone in the Tennessee area. There’s something special going on there, and it’s really flying under the radar.

Has he been officially hired there? They may just be paying him under the table, which I know is illegal, but you never know about them irish. They have been struggling in private ball minus one year.  

11 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Has he been officially hired there? They may just be paying him under the table, which I know is illegal, but you never know about them irish. They have been struggling in private ball minus one year.  

Nothing is confirmed as of now, but I’m sure I will hear something before the end of the school year.

On 2/12/2024 at 1:10 PM, Dawgz4life said:

Coach Lane is a great guy. Great coach, great with the parents. Great with the staff, great with the players. I wish him nothing but the best at Knoxville Central, if there are players here who don’t feel like they are getting their deserved time. I see no reason why they can’t transfer to Central if you’re a very smart person from Bearden High School and you got offered to go to Stem High School, one of the hardest high schools to get into for at least Knoxville, probably the entire Tennessee state area. Of course you’re going to take it, they have a 100% graduation rate, and over 72% of their students go on to have academic scholarships. Why wouldn’t you take it? No one ever bats an eye when that happens, so when a player goes to another high school for a better chance at going farther with their career or making themselves just better human beings, why in sports does that seem like such a bad thing and so looked down upon?

Because there are no rules or regulations for scholars bowl that Stem Academy is trying to win a championship in. TSSAA , (the correct way to spell it), doesn't regulate academics, they regulate, supervise, and control  high school athletics. That is one reason no one really cares, (at least no one on The T cares), what students transfer to L&N. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Because there are no rules or regulations for scholars bowl that Stem Academy is trying to win a championship in. TSSAA , (the correct way to spell it), doesn't regulate academics, they regulate, supervise, and control  high school athletics. That is one reason no one really cares, (at least no one on The T cares), what students transfer to L&N. 

OK that doesn’t answer the question at all but yes, if a student wants and feels like they can get a better chance by going to another school academically why is it so shamed upon athletically.