Elizabethton Football

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

Can't say I blame him if he wants to have any shot of winning games or playing in Big Games.  Kid already has 6 D1 offers from Louisville, Miami (OH), Western Michigan, UNLV, Colorado, and San Diego State

Saw him in person. Big physical presence, great hands, good speed. He will do a great job at Betsy. It will be different though. He probably won’t have as many receptions because Betsy is balanced. He will also upgrade his blocking ability and will physically improve. A much tougher schedule as well. He is probably improving his chips all the way around.

1 hour ago, noonesfool said:

Saw him in person. Big physical presence, great hands, good speed. He will do a great job at Betsy. It will be different though. He probably won’t have as many receptions because Betsy is balanced. He will also upgrade his blocking ability and will physically improve. A much tougher schedule as well. He is probably improving his chips all the way around.

He definitely would get playing time this year for the Mavs. 

2 hours ago, noonesfool said:

We must of been at the same homecoming game this year coach because I saw him against Greeneville too.  I felt the same way about him. Good Speed and Hands being more like a Kelce type of TE than a Witten type that could block great also.  SE just didn’t have time to let the QB get it to him against the better teams like Greeneville, Betsy, or the Mavs in the first round.

I think he will do great for Betsy and sure wouldn’t have turned him down if he wanted to drive a little farther west and come to Greeneville:lol:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

We must of been at the same homecoming game this year coach because I saw him against Greeneville too.  I felt the same way about him. Good Speed and Hands being more like a Kelce type of TE than a Witten type that could block great also.  SE just didn’t have time to let the QB get it to him against the better teams like Greeneville, Betsy, or the Mavs in the first round.

I think he will do great for Betsy and sure wouldn’t have turned him down if he wanted to drive a little farther west and come to Greeneville:lol:

Yep, Homecoming.

This is no knock to the kid honestly. How does a kid remain to play basketball at another school but He's allowed to participate 7 on 7 at another school? This is no dig but I'm curious . I'm sure Elizabethton has a loop hole with labeling anything they do out of season Witten huddle but how does someone that is on staff volunteer or faculty staff run a 7 on 7 with a kid that's in season in another sport  

Edited by sandshark1994

6 hours ago, sandshark1994 said:

This is no knock to the kid honestly. How does a kid remain to play basketball at another school but He's allowed to participate 7 on 7 at another school? This is no dig but I'm curious . I'm sure Elizabethton has a loop hole with labeling anything they do out of season Witten huddle but how does someone that is on staff volunteer or faculty staff run a 7 on 7 with a kid that's in season in another sport  

That happens more than you know. If it’s a 7 on 7 team then anyone can play for them. (Sorta like AAU basketball) and not considered practice in the TSSAA eyes or a Schools sports team. Greeneville had 5 starters on last year team that had played for Witten Huddle over the years.  I see the same thing in Knoxville on their 7 on 7 teams.  It would be on the coach of the other sport to tell the player he can’t participate in 7 vs 7 sorta like how my old baseball coach told us wouldn’t couldn’t go swimming on a game day.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

That happens more than you know. If it’s a 7 on 7 team then anyone can play for them. (Sorta like AAU basketball) and not considered practice in the TSSAA eyes or a Schools sports team. Greeneville had 5 starters on last year team that had played for Witten Huddle over the years.  I see the same thing in Knoxville on their 7 on 7 teams.  It would be on the coach of the other sport to tell the player he can’t participate in 7 vs 7 sorta like how my old baseball coach told us wouldn’t couldn’t go swimming on a game day.  

You are correct again swipes, as usual. Today high school sports are almost as convoluted as college sports. If people don’t adjust, they will sink. 

• Like 1