National Preps - Tennessee Seeds

JSamson7

6 hours ago, FR615 said:

I was surprised to see he wasn’t seeded. Hopefully he gets one but should have an impressive showing regardless.

Doesn’t look like he gets in! Just the kid him to eat up and let’s get ready for fargo!

just hate he didn’t get a chance to go compete.  
we have traveled for years together get better and placing at super 32 and winning kids nationals is n freestyle (14u) just wasn’t enough. 
Maybe next year   

I think he still gets to compete just not seeded? Think it’s a 64 man bracket but could be wrong. Maybe I’m dead wrong and others can correct me? Dylan is a stud. Think they are just releasing the seeded wrestlers right now. Won’t release brackets until a day before or day of. 

Edited by FR615

2 minutes ago, FR615 said:

I think he still gets to compete just not seeded? Think it’s a 64 man bracket but could be wrong. Maybe I’m dead wrong and others can correct me? Dylan is a stud. 

As of now ..he is not invited or accepted.  
He shouldn’t be seeded as an 8th grader n that field.  Was just hoping to get in and get some matches.  Will be pulling for Casen and also reep. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FR615 said:

I think he still gets to compete just not seeded? Think it’s a 64 man bracket but could be wrong. Maybe I’m dead wrong and others can correct me? Dylan is a stud. Think they are just releasing the seeded wrestlers right now. Won’t release brackets until a day before or day of. 

32 man bracket.  Each state has an allocation of qualifiers.  TN gets top 2.  Anyone beyond that has to apply for a wildcard and acceptance is based on a kid from another region not entering and using an allocated spot.  When it comes to wildcards, it has nothing to do with merit.   It takes a little luck to get in the tournament if you don't qualify automatically 

16 hours ago, DylansDad said:

As of now ..he is not invited or accepted.  
He shouldn’t be seeded as an 8th grader n that field.  Was just hoping to get in and get some matches.  Will be pulling for Casen and also reep. 

Did Dylan have a sponsor yet? If he doesn't have one yet it will happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

23 minutes ago, FR615 said:

It appears Jaxon Lane didn’t make the trip. Did he have an injury or illness? I was looking forward to watching him competing as he was the highest seeded Tennessee kid. 

Ear infection and didn’t make the trip and thanks to a n adequate representative, 5 of our kids who finished in the top 4 didn’t get in. Heck… Brody went 2 for 2 in preps last year and finished higher in state and Dylan beat the 138 Lb state champ and didn’t get in!  Very disappointing as we seek these big matches.  Hopefully we will get a representative for the future that will actually battle for all Tn kids!!! 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DylansDad said:

Ear infection and didn’t make the trip and thanks to a n adequate representative, 5 of our kids who finished in the top 4 didn’t get in. Heck… Brody went 2 for 2 in preps last year and finished higher in state and Dylan beat the 138 Lb state champ and didn’t get in!  Very disappointing as we seek these big matches.  Hopefully we will get a representative for the future that will actually battle for all Tn kids!!! 

Hate to hear that! I agree with you on all that. 

On 2/20/2024 at 9:33 PM, FR615 said:

I do believe this is true.

Thanks FR615!!

It is what it is but the state of Tn preps deserve to have a better representation and someone with the interest of the kids and who actually is vested in the high school kids and not a middle school coach. 

May be ironic but Mccallie got everyone in last year with the exception of one kid that finished 6th.   This year when that red team left the blue school in defeat and left state duals and traditional state without a banner….ironically we didn’t get 5 kids in. May be coincidence but we had some room to argue and we got shot down. It  is what it is and we have to finish better so no big deal and we will go back to work. The boys are up there and going to take it all in and will be pulling for all the Tn young men!!! 
thansk again!

21 minutes ago, DylansDad said:

Thanks FR615!!

It is what it is but the state of Tn preps deserve to have a better representation and someone with the interest of the kids and who actually is vested in the high school kids and not a middle school coach. 

May be ironic but Mccallie got everyone in last year with the exception of one kid that finished 6th.   This year when that red team left the blue school in defeat and left state duals and traditional state without a banner….ironically we didn’t get 5 kids in. May be coincidence but we had some room to argue and we got shot down. It  is what it is and we have to finish better so no big deal and we will go back to work. The boys are up there and going to take it all in and will be pulling for all the Tn young men!!! 
thansk again!

The national preps only have X number in a bracket and the only way any alternate gets in is if someone else declines an invitation to compete. I have been told that Tennessee is asking for 3 representatives per weight class as opposed to the two that we now receive. 

• Upvote 1