teams from same geographical area playing each other

This is so wrong. The T$$AA has to set a standard bracket and just leave it alone. This would take the pressure off of them and would stop all the rumors about the T$$AA deciding who plays who and how can we get the biggest crowd to make the most money. Just set a standard bracket so every year you know who you are playing when get there. Example Region 1 vs Region 5- Region 2 vs Region 6, Region 3 vs Region 7 and Region 4 vs Region 8.  That is what I would do if I were deciding. But... I'm not so I will watch 4 West TN teams from class 3A play against each other tomorrow.  Trash.

56 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

This is so wrong. The T$$AA has to set a standard bracket and just leave it alone. This would take the pressure off of them and would stop all the rumors about the T$$AA deciding who plays who and how can we get the biggest crowd to make the most money. Just set a standard bracket so every year you know who you are playing when get there. Example Region 1 vs Region 5- Region 2 vs Region 6, Region 3 vs Region 7 and Region 4 vs Region 8.  That is what I would do if I were deciding. But... I'm not so I will watch 4 West TN teams from class 3A play against each other tomorrow.  Trash.

4 East TN teams also play each other in 3A. That’s what happens when Memphis sucks and middle TN is down terribly 

26 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Agree - But if every year was Regions 1 V 5, 2 V 6, 3 V 7, 4 V 8 every year would that help?

No that wouldn't help because who wants to play the Gibson County Region or the Upper Cumberland Region every year?? You think that would be fair?? TSSAA is doing a blind draw like they have been. No way they plug in these matchups. Just unlucky if you're not happy. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

No that wouldn't help because who wants to play the Gibson County Region or the Upper Cumberland Region every year?? You think that would be fair?? TSSAA is doing a blind draw like they have been. No way they plug in these matchups. Just unlucky if you're not happy. 

Are there representatives from each school there?

37 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Are there representatives from each school there?

They have TSSAA Board members that represent schools that know and I would bet someone would cave if they are doing these unfair or plugging in teams. No coaches from schools are there but you think they want to lose money and have 1's and 2's playing each other first round multiple times when championship day they would make $5.00 more a head for these big matchups?? No way they want South Side Upperman or York Westview playing first around after both was in championship in 2022 in last years Tournament. JMO I don't think they just plug teams and play. That cost them money. 

Edited by pioneer42

They are missing a great opportunity IMO.    just do a live stream and literally put lottery balls with each team on it and show the "draw".  Just completely randomize it.  You could do it Sunday afternoon.  Teams could have watch parties. It would be a fun experience and then all teams have 2 and a half days to prepare.    

I believe that it is truly a blind draw. I think if they wanted certain matchups to create big gates then the brackets would look different. If the point of the state tournament is to truly determine the best team in the state, then I think it makes sense to have automatic slots based on geographic area. It's possible (and has happened before recently) where the top two teams in the state very well could be in the same district. Having two teams from a similar geographic area on separate sides of the bracket makes sense to me.

28 minutes ago, Alumn89 said:

They are missing a great opportunity IMO.    just do a live stream and literally put lottery balls with each team on it and show the "draw".  Just completely randomize it.  You could do it Sunday afternoon.  Teams could have watch parties. It would be a fun experience and then all teams have 2 and a half days to prepare.    

I love this idea.

8 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

There has been more crying about the draw this year than ever before. Beat who you match-up with and It won't matter everybody is playing for the Gold Ball.

It just doesn't make sense in 3A for Chester County to play South Gibson and South Side to play Dyersburg. I get the blind draw and it is what it is but I still think it is trash!  Of course you are right. Doesn't matter who you play, just go win.